The Blundergat (Wonder Weapon) discussion thread

Words have definitions. You can change a definition, but you can't throw it out without replacement nor organization.

These are all of the types of bullets that can be fired by any weapons ever:

bullet

explosive

arrow

knife

fire

air

Assault Rifles = bullets -> 115

Launchers = explosives -> 115

Light Machine Guns = bullets -> 115

Pistols = bullets -> 115

Rifles = bullets -> 115

Shotguns = bullets -> 115

Sniper Rifles = bullets -> 115

Special Weapons = everything else -> 115

Sub-Machine Guns = bullets -> 115

Wonder Weapons = 115 -> 115

Therefore this thing is simply a really good shotgun, at least from what we know as of now.

Isn't that green stuff 115?

It very well might be. We won't know anything for sure until the map comes out! :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words have definitions. You can change a definition, but you can't throw it out without replacement nor organization.

These are all of the types of bullets that can be fired by any weapons ever:

bullet

explosive

arrow

knife

fire

air

Assault Rifles = bullets -> 115

Launchers = explosives -> 115

Light Machine Guns = bullets -> 115

Pistols = bullets -> 115

Rifles = bullets -> 115

Shotguns = bullets -> 115

Sniper Rifles = bullets -> 115

Special Weapons = everything else -> 115

Sub-Machine Guns = bullets -> 115

Wonder Weapons = 115 -> 115

Therefore this thing is simply a really good shotgun, at least from what we know as of now.

Isn't that green stuff 115?

It very well might be. We won't know anything for sure until the map comes out! :D

What about the sliquifier though? Is THAT 115? I'm pretty sure that whole discussion was inconvlusive. Even ince we get this map we might not know.

Personally I've gone by what MMX said before about wonder weapons having 115 unupgraded. However, as treyarch identify all 3 black ops weapons as wonder weapons, and none of them have 115, my concept of what a WW is has changed. It is just a really powerful, special, unusual, unconventional weapon. I'm saying this do broadly so that it encompasses black ops 2 weapons as well, as this whole rant is based on my considering BOII ones wonderweapons.

That is all.

The BLUNDERGAT

More Dragons

The Blunderbuss Gun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunderbuss

The term dragon is taken from the fact that early versions were decorated with a carving in the form of a mythical dragon's head around the muzzle; the muzzle blast would then give the impression of a fire-breathing dragon.

Blunderbuss/Dragon Pistol

The blunderbuss, and especially the dragon, was typically issued to troops such as cavalry, who needed a lightweight, easily handled firearm. The dragon became so associated with cavalry and mounted infantry that the term dragoon became synonymous with mounted infantry. In addition to the cavalry, the blunderbuss found use for other duties in which the shotgun-like qualities were desirable, such as for guarding prisoners or defending a mail coach, and its use for urban combat was also recognized. Blunderbusses were also commonly carried by officers on naval warships, privateers and by pirates for use in close-quarters boarding actions.

Image owner http://www.ebay.com/itm/111025150290?redirect=mobile

What about the sliquifier though? Is THAT 115? I'm pretty sure that whole discussion was inconvlusive. Even ince we get this map we might not know.

Personally I've gone by what MMX said before about wonder weapons having 115 unupgraded. However, as treyarch identify all 3 black ops weapons as wonder weapons, and none of them have 115, my concept of what a WW is has changed. It is just a really powerful, special, unusual, unconventional weapon. I'm saying this do broadly so that it encompasses black ops 2 weapons as well, as this whole rant is based on my considering BOII ones wonderweapons.

That is all.

Thisthisthis.

The BLUNDERGAT

More Dragons

The Blunderbuss Gun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunderbuss

The term dragon is taken from the fact that early versions were decorated with a carving in the form of a mythical dragon's head around the muzzle; the muzzle blast would then give the impression of a fire-breathing dragon.

Blunderbuss/Dragon Pistol

The blunderbuss, and especially the dragon, was typically issued to troops such as cavalry, who needed a lightweight, easily handled firearm. The dragon became so associated with cavalry and mounted infantry that the term dragoon became synonymous with mounted infantry. In addition to the cavalry, the blunderbuss found use for other duties in which the shotgun-like qualities were desirable, such as for guarding prisoners or defending a mail coach, and its use for urban combat was also recognized. Blunderbusses were also commonly carried by officers on naval warships, privateers and by pirates for use in close-quarters boarding actions.

Image owner http://www.ebay.com/itm/111025150290?redirect=mobile

Very interesting. Now we need to keep in mind that the story behind the warden is that he was a civil war weapons collector. I'm assuming the Blundergat is one of those weapons, because, why would we be given this story, but no real meaning? (So not a ww IMO. Gun looks like it could be made in that era as well.) But what would dragons with red eyes have to do in the American Civil War?

Also, perhaps the upgraded could have 115, or as stated before, making it a WW. on the other hand, it may just be acid.

Electric, Treyarch has NEVER said that the map-exclusive weapons in Black Ops II are Wonder Weapons. Do NOT put words in their mouths.

The Sliquifier produces 115 in a "state of matter that was, until now, purely theoretical".

The Jet Gun shoots air. How is air any more wonder than the fire of a M2 Flamethrower?

I classify Wonder Weapons/Guns as things that go beyond what any regular gun can do. The Ray Gun, Wonderwafffle, Jet Gun, Sliquifier, Blundergat etc.

Like others said, they don't have to have 115 in the gun to be a Wonder Weapon. It just has to be a weapon that is, how can I say.. out of this world. Most of the WW's are things that humans are incaple of making. As far as we know. :o

Electric, Treyarch has NEVER said that the map-exclusive weapons in Black Ops II are Wonder Weapons. Do NOT put words in their mouths.

The Sliquifier produces 115 in a "state of matter that was, until now, purely theoretical".

The Jet Gun shoots air. How is air any more wonder than the fire of a M2 Flamethrower?

Actually Die RIse "wield NEW wonder weaponry.."

And they called the Blundergat a WW in the BTS trailer.

Yes, the Sliquifier.

No, they never said that.

Yes, the Sliquifier.

No, they never said that.

But you just said the SLiquifier wasn't a WW. :roll:

I just want to say some things:

No, the developers never said in the Behind the Scenes for Mob of The Dead that the Blundergat was the new WW, they just said it was a new weaponry.

No, I don't think it's possible to make a WW without 115 as I don't think you can fire air and liquified messes out onto the floor without something special. Both maps have 115 meteorites in them, thus proving that the N4 could get a hold of 115.

And finally yes, the Blundergat is a piece of Civil War weaponry the Warden collected as he was an avid collector of these things (I can presume), so I severely doubt this is the WW because there's no evidence of 115 being used and I doubt there would have been 115-induced weapons during the Civil War.

The great thing about this world of ours is that you have the ability to form an opinion on whatever you want... no matter how wrong you are.

By saying that you seem to be implying that the person to whom you were responding is wrong (no matterhow wrong you are.) That seems a little mean and hypocritical, since you just said we're entitled to our opinions...

...sorry if I misinterpreted that...

And finally yes, the Blundergat is a piece of Civil War weaponry the Warden collected as he was an avid collector of these things (I can presume), so I severely doubt this is the WW because there's no evidence of 115 being used and I doubt there would have been 115-induced weapons during the Civil War.

But what I'm saying is that a weapon doesn't need 115 to be a wonder weapon. The sliquifier was directly stated as a wonder weapon. I'm 95% sure the jet gun was too but I can't find a link yet. I remember them saying "this is the most ambitious zombies yet. we have the new mode we like to call 4z4, we are moving to the multiplayer engine, an expansive new world, and arguably the best wonder weapon to date." I'm almost positive they used the exact phrase "arguably the best wonder weapon to date."

Anyway, like Mocking said, the sliquifier might not have 115. In fact according to his research (I read his thread on this topic and it's very convincing) it MOST LIKELY doesn't include 115. Yet it is a wonder weapon. So by that logic couldn't we say that the jet gun is a wonder weapon?

Technically I don't think the blundergat is one, but upgraded it shoots explosive green acid thingies. It might start out as a realistic (albeit highly unconventional) weapon, but there's no denying its wunderful properties when upgraded. no other upgraded weapon does THAT.

So IMO the black ops 2 ones are in fact wonder weapons.

By saying that you seem to be implying that the person to whom you were responding is wrong (no matterhow wrong you are.) That seems a little mean and hypocritical, since you just said we're entitled to our opinions...

I said you as in the plural general you.

But what I'm saying is that a weapon doesn't need 115 to be a wonder weapon.

And NO Electric! You CANNOT just redefine things because you FEEL like it. There is already the category of SPECIAL weapons FOR A REASON.

While we're at it, let's make the definition of a Wonder Weapon being a weapon that shoots lollipops??? Let's change the to mean an, and let's pretend it is opposite day! =_=

The sliquifier was directly stated as a wonder weapon.

The exact reason why we know it shoots 115. Well that and the purple gunk. Oh and the Marlton quote. Do we really need more evidence?

I'm 95% sure the jet gun was too but I can't find a link yet.

You will never find such a link.

I remember them saying "this is the most ambitious zombies yet. we have the new mode we like to call 4z4, we are moving to the multiplayer engine, an expansive new world, and arguably the best wonder weapon to date." I'm almost positive they used the exact phrase "arguably the best wonder weapon to date."

Treyarch said no such thing.

Anyway, like Mocking said, the sliquifier might not have 115. In fact according to his research (I read his thread on this topic and it's very convincing) it MOST LIKELY doesn't include 115. Yet it is a wonder weapon. So by that logic couldn't we say that the jet gun is a wonder weapon?

I think his research is wrong. In fact, we have much to say the Sliquifier is a Wonder Weapon that shoots 115.

no other upgraded weapon does THAT.

Mustang and Sally? C-3000 b1atch35? Just as notable changes.

So IMO the black ops 2 ones are in fact wonder weapons.

Like I said, one can believe whatever one wants, no matter how wrong it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society

Sorry...

I'm not doing it because I feel like it... I'm doing it because I feel the old definition was possibly inaccurate.

Its just-- If the sliquifier doesn't necessarily have 115, and it is a wonder weapon, then wonder weapons don't need 115. Plain and simple. I'm not saying this is true necessarily, but that's basically my opinion / point in the last post.

Now following the idea that wonder weapons don't need 115 (which again isn't necessarily true) what are they?

1. Very powerful

2. Unconventional

3. Rare / Unique

(I'm sure you can think of more)

All 3 black ops 2 ones so far fit the criteria I have listed. Again, if and only if wonder weapons don't necessarily need 115 to be considered a wonder weapon (not 100% confirmed true (nor is the opposite for that matter)), then THIS would make the black ops 2 ones wonder weapons.

But I would argue the Sliquifier DOES have 115.

And following your definition, the M2 Flamethrower would be a Wonder Weapon, since it could do more damage than almost any other weapon and was one-per-team.

All three of the Black Ops II unique weapons fit the EXACT same criteria as Special Weapons. But the Sliquifier has 115, and therefore goes to be Wonder Weapons.

Wonder Weapons

31-79 JGb215

Ray Gun

Scavenger

Sliquifier

Thundergun

V-R11

Winter's Howl

Wunderwaffe DG-2

Zap Gun Dual Wield

Special Weapons

Ballistic Knife

Crossbow Explosive-Tip

M2 Flamethrower

Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23

You're right about the flamethrower, but I meant unique in the sense that--- well, flamethrowers were common during WWII. It wasn't like you'd see a flamethrower and be like OMG A FLAMETHROWER! At least not as much as you would say OMG A ONE-HANDED PLASMA RAY WEAPON! Like, REALLY unique.

I should also mention that all of what I consider wonder weapons are original ideas.

By the way, I didn't find the EXACT interview I had in mind, but I found one where jimmy Z directly states that Green Run has multiple wonder weapons.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 00&t=24722

Edit: what it really comes down to is what each of us believe, at least where no evidence on a certain subject can be found. All we can really do is stand by what we believe in. I respect your beliefs though I disagree with them, and acknowledge that I might never change them, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Well then, are you suggesting that the Spikemore is as much a Wonder Weapon as a Ray Gun? I mean, you would normally find neither of them on the battlefield...

Any way you turn, the definition only works if it fires 115.

Spikemore was original, but it isn't a Wonder Weapon.

And yes, that's been talked before: Ray Gun and Monkey Bomb.

Yes but a Spikemore isn't completely original. It is a directional anti-personnel explosive. It's more of an innovation of a pre-existing idea. (an idea which was undeniably NOT unique or original.) however wonderweapons aren't just spin offs of an ordinary weapon. They are completely original concepts, which the Spikemores were not.

And you're right about the monkey bombs. I could have sworn I'd heard him say "best wonder weapon to date." hmm.

Yes but a claymore alone is a conventional weapon, but a jet turbine certainly is not.

Also opinions and subjectiveness are important to a degree. Like I said, where no 100% conclusive evidence can be found, we fill in the blanks with our own ideas. That is what we've always done on little ol' CoDz. Not everyone has the same ideas and there is nothing wrong with that.

Classifications are bound to change at some point in time. And when they do you dont have to take it upon yourself to be the one to "fix" the issue. I honestly see no need for MMX to be going as ballistic as he is. Electric brought up an addition/exception to

the classification of wonder weapon (one, I might add,that is backed by other members of the community) and not soon after he is ridiculed for it. If you have ever taken a class in biology you should know that classes have exceptions.

The argumentation of "its not a wonder weapon if it doesnt shoot 115" is about as arguable as "its not a plane unless it uses a prop."

haha, I can see he is passionate about zombies! But hey, even the ballistic knife can revive after Pap'n it. maybe we should PaP MMX

But on a more serious note. There is a point where ones passion for something blinds him to the passions and ideas of others.