Pack-A-Punch Location Theories

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope it's like Five, where you have to do something in order to get to the PaP room. Just seems more fun that way, right?

I just hope it just isn't that easy, just hitting five switches, which are right in the open. Maybe some power switches that have to be pulled at once?

EMBRACE THE TRINITY II

You spawn in front of a solitary confinement chamber. Looking in through the grate on the door reveals PaP behind it. Upon activating the power you need to scour the map for three keys, which must be brought back to the first room. They aren't like the teleporters on der riese though; like buildables, they can be all over the place. Once they are all brought together, the door opens and remains open all game.

Hmm? Would be a nice little nod to a fan-favorite map. Now that I think about it, since the map is like call of the dead, it might just spawn around a number of places as soon as the power is on. Look to the sky to see the light!

EMBRACE THE TRINITY II

You spawn in front of a solitary confinement chamber. Looking in through the grate on the door reveals PaP behind it. Upon activating the power you need to scour the map for three keys, which must be brought back to the first room. They aren't like the teleporters on der riese though; like buildables, they can be all over the place. Once they are all brought together, the door opens and remains open all game.

Hmm? Would be a nice little nod to a fan-favorite map. Now that I think about it, since the map is like call of the dead, it might just spawn around a number of places as soon as the power is on. Look to the sky to see the light!

Man, that's a pretty in-depth idea. Maybe 2 keys in the living world, 1 in Purgatory? Since we still don't know exactly what purgatory is, I suppose we'll find out. We might find out today, because I believe they are releasing more news.

EMBRACE THE TRINITY II

Man, that's a pretty in-depth idea. Maybe 2 keys in the living world, 1 in Purgatory? Since we still don't know exactly what purgatory is, I suppose we'll find out. We might find out today, because I believe they are releasing more news.

I was under the impression purgatory was a new function added to death in the game. If it is, killing yourself to get a key sure would be a price to pay. But now that I think about it, it probably isn't related to death. If it was it wouldn't be available in solo. Plus fans would go nuts having to sacrifice themselves for the Easter egg. So it is perfectly possible that we need to find stuff in purgatory, Whatever it may be.

Also I think the new info is coming at 6pm. I don't know Wat time zone you're in, but here it's 2:52. That means info should be here in about 3 hours.

I was under the impression purgatory was a new function added to death in the game. If it is, killing yourself to get a key sure would be a price to pay. But now that I think about it, it probably isn't related to death. If it was it wouldn't be available in solo. Plus fans would go nuts having to sacrifice themselves for the Easter egg. So it is perfectly possible that we need to find stuff in purgatory, Whatever it may be.

Also I think the new info is coming at 6pm. I don't know Wat time zone you're in, but here it's 2:52. That means info should be here in about 3 hours.

It could be that the 'torture' factor of purgatory only happens if you die, and you go to a purgatory with less consequences if you take some sort of portal. Yeah, I'm sure that you won't have to die to get to the PaP machine. This 'portal' or whatever to purgatory could be in a place that takes time and/or is difficult to get to. I saw a thread that was talking about the warden possibly being the 'controller' of the zombies and worshiped certain demons. He may have a portal in his 'office' or room.

What if the PaP respawned to different areas after so many uses, like the box? I liked the idea of the PaP being built in Tranzit. Maybe they'll go back to that with this being a huge map.

If we could built the PaP machine, maybe we could build it on any worktable for our advantage, or disassemble it to bring the parts somewhere else. I honestly wanted it to be a set location that would be important to the map's theme, but that would be cool as well

• Administrators

"With plans to break out of Alcatraz foiled by the rise of the undead, the quartet of inmates will have to lean on their mob-derived skills with firearms, blunt instruments and improvised weaponry as they battle the zombies infesting and overrunning the island.” Mob of the Dead will introduce a new “Purgatory” feature that “sends players into the afterlife” if they become a victim of the Zombies."

I would assume that means death instead of a down. Surely, there will be interesting things to observe in Purgatory, but I don't think that you'd have to necessarily find anything. Then again, this may just be another 4-person Easter Egg, and the sacrifice might as well be included in it. :P

What if the PaP respawned to different areas after so many uses, like the box? I liked the idea of the PaP being built in Tranzit. Maybe they'll go back to that with this being a huge map.

I agree.

My theory/hope is that you have to build something (access or transport), to get to off island locations. The locations will respawn and be lit by the guard tower like CotD. Imagine if you had to build a raft and row it to get there. Like the guys who escaped.

Image of the Mythbusters recreation of their escape raft. Made from rain macs and other materials collected in the prison:

What about a NML style PaP area on Goldengate Bridge?

^ This and maybe we have to find parts in the map to something like a boat or a plane that helps us escape Alcatraz and get to the bridge but then when we get there its still being built and its a no mans land and thats were the pack a punch is just an idea ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What about a NML style PaP area on Goldengate Bridge?

Lol, I can't believe that my complete guess was correct.

Good work! And the guy calling that we'd have to build a plane. Awesome. At least you didn't get anyone talking down to you like you're some kind of moron like I did when I predicted that the next map would be set in a prison and have a big, heavy, hulking boss zombie based on the sounds at the end of Die Rise. The response I got was "Get your facts straight, Treyarch never hints at the next map. Those sounds are about a guy locking the jumping nova zombies in cages." Yeah, I was sooooo wrong.