~Mob of the Dead Buildable Ideas~

We've bee. So focused on traps and what not, we've forgotten about their baby brother, the buildables. Now that we know the map is taking place in Alcatraz, what FITTING Buildable ideas do you all have?

When I say fitting, I mean (for example) a wonder weapon idea could go on any map. Try and focus on buildables that would be good specifically for this map.

For instance, the trample steam was fitting for due rise because of the focus on verticality.

One idea I see all the time is a head lamp that improves visibility.

What ideas do you have?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've bee. So focused on traps and what not, we've forgotten about their baby brother, the buildables. Now that we know the map is taking place in Alcatraz, what FITTING Buildable ideas do you all have?

When I say fitting, I mean (for example) a wonder weapon idea could go on any map. Try and focus on buildables that would be good specifically for this map.

For instance, the trample steam was fitting for due rise because of the focus on verticality.

One idea I see all the time is a head lamp that improves visibility.

What ideas do you have?

I know the Zombie Shield is coming back (we can see a car door and the push cart) but I think we should be able to build zip lines. Parts:

Handle

Rope x2 (one to be placed at either end of the path)

Once placed, it has limited uses before it snaps and must be repaired with new rope!

How about keys? Say there are four on the map, and you can use them to shut all the cell doors in a hallway at once, blocking off zombie spawners. After they're closed, you have a short amount of time to run down the hall and PaP. I think we have to get keys somehow on a prison map.

How about keys? Say there are four on the map, and you can use them to shut all the cell doors in a hallway at once, blocking off zombie spawners. After they're closed, you have a short amount of time to run down the hall and PaP. I think we have to get keys somehow on a prison map.

How about keys to OPEN certain cells?

Electric baton? Whenever I go back, baton always comes into my mind.

As a new melee weapon, much similar to the Galvaknuckles?

3arc did promise new blunt weapons. This seems a little more to the right time period, considering we don't have Galvs commonly used in real life yet. It' make for a good buildable IMO.

Possibly, it would be interesting if we got a new electric melee weapon.

I wasn't really thinking when I imagined that, but if it was buildable, the actual baton itself, a coil of wire, and something to make it electrocute as parts.

Possibly, it would be interesting if we got a new electric melee weapon.

I wasn't really thinking when I imagined that, but if it was buildable, the actual baton itself, a coil of wire, and something to make it electrocute as parts.

This would work well for this map I think. A new melee weapon would be nice to use.

I wish people would stop claiming the sheild is back... We have NO confirmation of this... The fans in die rise can't be used to build a turbine... Why should this trolly be used for a zombie sheild...

I'm just assuming since there is also what looks to be a car door on the right of the screen in the scene with the LSAT and the Demon...

I wish people would stop claiming the sheild is back... We have NO confirmation of this... The fans in die rise can't be used to build a turbine... Why should this trolly be used for a zombie sheild...

I'm just assuming since there is also what looks to be a car door on the right of the screen in the scene with the LSAT and the Demon...

Not to mention riot shields are a common sight at prisons. Between the buildable and the fitting environment, I think it's pretty safe to assume we will see it again.

I am confident that the "shield" will be making a return as the poster above me said because riot shields are a norm in prison. I also firmly believe that a hacker or key or some sort will be making an appearance. The amount of doors to move a small distance in a prison is huge. Only other or way around that is if we turn power on and door are electrically opened. (Doubtful, especially if set in the 30s)

It is litterally confirmed we've seen the trolley and the car door why else would there be a car door in alcatraz. And also its a blunt weapon (like treyarch mentioned) and is not amazing so it would be something they could build easily.

I am confident that the "shield" will be making a return as the poster above me said because riot shields are a norm in prison. I also firmly believe that a hacker or key or some sort will be making an appearance. The amount of doors to move a small distance in a prison is huge. Only other or way around that is if we turn power on and door are electrically opened. (Doubtful, especially if set in the 30s)

You have to consider the possibility that the entire prison isn't necessarily intact. We might be able to go from one place to another through a gaping hole in the wall. Or maybe several cell doors have burned away. Stuff like that.

Maybe we could build some kind of single-use battering / breaching system? Only use it once in the whole game, but it allows you to gain access to a single cell for free. (only works on cell doors.)

Sorta like in pirates if the carribbean. "with the right leverage and proper application of strength, the door will lift free."

Edit: I personally believe the shield will be back. Mocking is right; it is not confirmed. However all signs point to it returning. Of course it pays to be accurate, but it reaches a point where it's just being crotchety about things.