~Clearing up the Warden~

Hi gais it's Nai here and I just want to clear something up about the Warden.

So everyone is thinking that this guy here is the Warden (a rumoured boss zombie in the latest CoD Zombies map, Mob of the Dead):

And this seems about right. He has his own cinematic, so he seems important. But I am here today to tell you that he is NOT the Warden. And I have evidence to back me up. First off there is this:

This is the badge of an Alcatraz Guard. They would wear these as a symbol of authority. And does it seem familiar to you guys? That's right. It is similar to the badge pinned on the zombie in that picture!

I bet you're thinking: "So what? I'm sure the Warden's wore a badge too" And you are absolutely right. BUT the Warden's wore THIS badge, as proved by the next picture I will show you:

Sorry it's a little small, but this is the badge the Warden's would wear. Proved HERE:

See the badges on their hats? That is the badge of the Warden!

More Proof (credit to PINNAZ for bringing this to my attention):

This is an image of one of the Wardens of Alcatraz on display in their museum.

This proves BEYOND all reasonable doubt that this man in the trailer is nothing more than a Guard of Alcatraz. Our REAL Warden is yet to come (IF he does end up being important).

I hope you liked reading this and this should clear things up quite a bit.

~Nai :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done Naitrax.

I'm pretty sure "the Warden" will be written down in history next to likes of "the Avogadro" & "T.E.D.D."

I believe it is PTG's fault for this misinformation. They somehow had early access to basically all the information about Alcatraz (and were making videos all about it in great detail in the days before the trailer even came out), and they kept hammering in the phrase "the warden". Hence I can only guess the internet picked it up and ran with it.

Also several of the analysis' here have named him "the warden", which is probably aiding to the misinformative title. Of course, no one here knows the correct name to call him (or if he is even an in-game character) - so it's not like we can do much about it until the DLC actually comes out. But by jove, with the information you've presented here - you've done something about it! Thanks again!

well done Naitrax.

I'm pretty sure "the Warden" will be written down in history next to likes of "the Avogadro" & "T.E.D.D."

I believe it is PTG's fault for this misinformation. They somehow had early access to basically all the information about Alcatraz (and were making videos all about it in great detail in the days before the trailer even came out), and they kept hammering in the phrase "the warden". Hence I can only guess the internet picked it up and ran with it.

Also several of the analysis' here have named him "the warden", which is probably aiding to the misinformative title. Of course, no one here knows the correct name to call him (or if he is even an in-game character) - so it's not like we can do much about it until the DLC actually comes out. But by jove, with the information you've presented here - you've done something about it! Thanks again!

Thanks GRILL. Nice to know my work has been appreciated. I personally can't stand when people call things "T.E.D.D" and Avogadro. With the boss on Die Rise I let it slide since there was no official name.

Also I enjoy watching NGT and PTG, but they are the leading cause for misinformation regarding the Zombies Storyline. I have a friend who thinks he know everything about Zombies after watching NGT & PTG... It annoys me!

But thank you again. I feel special :3

• Administrators

Thank you for clarifying this, Nai. I understand that some people just said "he's not a warden", but it's even better to have additional information as to why he cannot be the warden. Who knows - this may even shed some new light in which a supplemental zombie character may come into the picture.

+1 :)

Thank you for researching and posting this Nai!

That picture of the original guard's badge at Alcatraz is a great find! Looks like a perfect match to me.

This helps settle the whole "warden" thing for people.

Thanks again for posting this! Keep it coming! :)

Does anybody know how to get something out to youtubers? Because I keep seeing all these: "Warden Boss Info" videos and they all have the Guard as a picture. I would really like to get this out there to stop all these incorrect theories being posted as confirmed info.

Does anybody know how to get something out to youtubers? Because I keep seeing all these: "Warden Boss Info" videos and they all have the Guard as a picture. I would really like to get this out there to stop all these incorrect theories being posted as confirmed info.

The most effective way I've done it is to tweet one of the bigger Youtubers. I've tweeted @nextgentactics before and have had my ideas in his videos. I could link this thread and tweet it at him again if you want, unless you'd want to do it. He's said that he goes on CoDz for info, so I'm sure he'll be willing to listen.

The boss rounds will be that flaming dog thing.

The video shows the dog AND normal zombies alive at the same time. So it is either a mid-round boss like the napalm zombies, or after a while the rounds blend together like Der Riese.

Guys, the official names have already been released! They're "the evil demon puppy monster thingy" and "the big mean pale zombie screamy suit guy." true story.

Sorry it's a little small, but this is the badge the Warden's would wear. Proved HERE:

See the badges on their hats? That is the badge of the Warden!

I disagree with a couple things here. Firstly, I dont believe the badges above look alike and second there is normally only one warden in a prison (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Prison+Warden) and in the image you have 4.

My theory is that this may not be a boss zombie, but instead may be a pain in a rear like the Napalm Zombies or Nova Crawlers. There could still be a Warden that we havnt seen. Also, you will see in the trailer that apart from the questioned image we only see zombies in inmate uniforms.

We also have to remember that this is a game, so some things are changed to make the game easy for all levels of players to engage with. e.g. The game is set in 20s-30s as explained in the trailer, but the people we are playing and the things in the map like the bridge, would have been around in other times. So this might be the Warden with a different badge.

Thanks for clearing that up PINNAZ.

Maybe he is like the armored zombies in Die Rise, or The Napalm / Shriekers. He comes mixed in with the others and Is slightly more powerful or has a special ability.

I am basing this idea on the fact that the ratio of shriekers / napalms to normal zombies could be comparable to the ratio of guards to prisoners in a real life situation.

Edit: @ZaiquiriDaiquiri

Kinda like how the thief teleports you to the labs? Or the astronaut teleports you? I can totally see this happening!

I am basing this idea on the fact that the ratio of shriekers / napalms to normal zombies could be comparable to the ratio of guards to prisoners in a real life situation.

Very good point! I didn't think of this and it would make perfect sense!

The most effective way I've done it is to tweet one of the bigger Youtubers. I've tweeted @nextgentactics before and have had my ideas in his videos. I could link this thread and tweet it at him again if you want, unless you'd want to do it. He's said that he goes on CoDz for info, so I'm sure he'll be willing to listen.

That would be great bagel! I don't think he'd listen to the person who actually posted the thread, but I will try!

I don't like posting the same thing in different threads, so sorry for the repeat

Prison Guard:

Thanks PINNAZ! I'll update the OP with these pictures (with credit to you of course)

These prove beyond doubt that that man is NOT the Warden!