The Warden

In the official Uprising Trailer we see this incredibly scary looking new zombie:

He definitely is different than the other zombies. He obviously is not an inmate, as he is wearing a badge and a nice suit. Many believe that this is the warden of Alcatraz.

After doing some research, I found out that there were 4 wardens of this prison:

James A. Johnston from 1933-1948

Edwin B. Swope from 1948-1955

Paul Madigan from 1955-1961

Olin Blackwell from 1961-1963

If we figure out which warden he is (if he is the warden at all), then we know about what year the map is taking place in.

After researching each of these men, I came across a photo that sent a chill up my spine:

Look a little familiar? There is an uncanny resemblance between this man and the zombie we see in the image above.

Here's the disappointing part: this man is not actually Edwin Swope, but infact, his brother Gerard Swope. I came across his picture while searching for Edwin and thought it was just him, but younger, until I saw the name.

Who knows though, maybe they looked similar? They were brothers! At least this thread will get the ideas and research rolling..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gotta be the 1st guy you mentioned: James A something. Because Zombies were first made, Or so we thought in 1940. MOTD takes place like 1930'ish. Like 1935 perhaps. You see that Golden Gate Bridge in the trailer?. It's still being contstructed. The bridge was being built from like 1932-1937. The bridge is not done yet in the trailer, So that leaves us at lets say 1934/1935. 2 years after it started = 1935. 1935 also means only 2 more years until it's finished: 1937. So the date we are looking at for MOTD is 1934/1935.

• Administrators

It's gotta be the 1st guy you mentioned: James A something. Because Zombies were first made, Or so we thought in 1940. MOTD takes place like 1930'ish. Like 1935 perhaps. You see that Golden Gate Bridge in the trailer?. It's still being contstructed. The bridge was being built from like 1932-1937. The bridge is not done yet in the trailer, So that leaves us at lets say 1934/1935. 2 years after it started = 1935. 1935 also means only 2 more years until it's finished: 1937. So the date we are looking at for MOTD is 1934/1935.

The aerial view of Alcatraz in the trailer shows a constructed Golden Gate Bridge...or so it seems.

I don't think it's under construction during an apocalypse, no way. More like DEstruction.

Here is the Warden of Shawshank Redemption. He has a nice suit on with a tiny badge. Not the same badge but somewhat of a comparison.

Here's an old pic of guards from Alcatraz.

Wearing hats and suits, i'm pretty sure they're wearing red ties from color pics. I agree it's the Warden though, simply because who else would be the boss zombie? And why did they feature him in the video?

The picture in the OP is actually from the opening cutscene. It's quite good from what I've seen. Not sure if he's our "boss" though, but definitely possible since he's shown so prominently.

Would still be cool to see Zombies drop from the body bags though.

What if the warden spawned in by dropping from one of the suspended body bags?!?

This. It would keep you on your toes as maybe they'd randomly come down every few rounds.

Make it more scary right? Random body-bag pods dropping wickedly stronger zombies near you? :twisted: Just what the Doctor ordered! (Or whoever's in charge here)

He is not the warden he is wearing a Alcatraz guard badge. Look here at the badge https://www.google.com/search?q=alcatra ... zY9ATxr4AQ.

Sorry I just don't want people to start calling him something he is not.

I agree I don't think this guy has any importance, He's for sure not the Warden.

As stated above Warden's don't wear uniforms or Badges.

He's the zombie reveal in the opening cut scene, at least that's my guess.

Whatever that floating bat/demon/bear/Gozer-dog thing is, that's "boss" of MOTD.

I honestly just think this "warden" will play ATLEAST in the cinematic as the game begins (like in CotD) just from the way his whole body and face looks, especially the camera zoom, I doubt a boss would be walking around or even spawn in like THAT. It has a more cinematic feel to it.

Doesn't mean it can not be the boss, nothing comfirms/debunks this thought..

Who knows, only time will tell