Date of Mob of the Dead 1941-1963

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to summarize, we have two populous theories currently:

1. MotD is set between 1934-1947, and our new crew will be literal prisoners that are fighting to survive the zombie outbreak.

OR

2. MotD is set in the same time-frame as Die Rise and Green Run, and the new crew we play as are the ACTORS who were filming a movie SET in the Prohibition Era (much like CotD).

Personally, I see continuity issues with the second theory; if the map truly is in the same time-frame of Die Rise and Green Run, why would you bother making a movie when the world is literally crumbling and zombies are running rampant everywhere? Not to mention that 115 is now airborne...we all heard George Barkley, it's Hell on Earth right now.

But again, just my thoughts.

So to summarize, we have two populous theories currently:

1. MotD is set between 1934-1947, and our new crew will be literal prisoners that are fighting to survive the zombie outbreak.

OR

2. MotD is set in the same time-frame as Die Rise and Green Run, and the new crew we play as are the ACTORS who were filming a movie SET in the Prohibition Era (much like CotD).

Personally, I see continuity issues with the second theory; if the map truly is in the same time-frame of Die Rise and Green Run, why would you bother making a movie when the world is literally crumbling and zombies are running rampant everywhere? Not to mention that 115 is now airborne...we all heard George Barkley, it's Hell on Earth right now.

But again, just my thoughts.

it doesn't have to be the exact time period of die rise and tranzit. it can be before it or after it. most likely before it.

Hate to break it to you guys,but the map features mobsters who were IMPRISONED in Alcatraz.Which means the map can be set in the time period of 1934-1963,so yeah.This is before Moon stuff,the question is why do we need it?

True, but they were present for the Prohibition era. Not saying the map is set during that time, but these characters, who don't look that old, were alive and well during that time.

Ok, let's try to clear things up here. Treyarch has chosen to do another celebrity based map. The only other time they have done this, was Call of the Dead. The new game mode, titled Mob of the Dead, bears a similar title to the map. Now this doesn't exactly mean these actors will play themselves on the map, but let's think about this.

Big thanks to PINNAZ for the pics:

Ray Liotta is "Billy Handsome"

Joe Pantoliano is "Al 'The Weasel' Arlington"

Chazz Palmentiri is "Salvatore 'Sal' DeLuca"

Michael Madsen is "Michael 'Finn' O'Leary"

As you can see, Treyarch has chosen to not only use these celebrities to voice the characters, but they've also used the actors to base the looks of characters, creating replicas of the actors themselves. In the comparisons, they do seem a bit younger, but it's hard to tell, but that's not important. What's important is that Treyarch has taken the time to recreate these actors entirely. Now the question. Would Treyarch really go through all the trouble of duplicating these actors head to toe, if we're not going to be playing as themselves in the map.

Logically, it seem like we will play as the actors themselves, much like we did in Call of the Dead.

It's still possible that Treyarch just decided to use these actors to model the players because they represent iconic faces in mobster pop culture. Seems unlikely to me, but possible.

Hate to break it to you guys,but the map features mobsters who were IMPRISONED in Alcatraz.Which means the map can be set in the time period of 1934-1963

If these are indeed not actors making a movie gone a stray, and the characters are actually prisoners from Alcatraz and not actors, then yes you're correct.

EDIT: One more interesting thing to note, is that Michael Madsen's character has an inmate jumpsuit on, with a prisoner number of 4818. Alcatraz never had more than 1600 prisoners in it during it's run as a federal penitentiary. Might suggest they were indeed shooting a movie.

http://www.scrappygraphics.com/alcatraz ... list8.html

Madsen's inmate number is 481B, not 4818.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Inmate numbers for prisoners at Alcatraz prison did not include letters, further supporting this might be a movie being produced and not actual prisoners.

Still, I ain't saying either way :ugeek:

Inmate numbers for prisoners at Alcatraz prison did not include letters, further supporting this might be a movie being produced and not actual prisoners.

You're very welcome! And yeah the letter was off putting to me when I was doing research.

I'm also really hoping that this isn't a movie being filmed.

(It's not)

Okay lets forget about who we play and focus on who were playing against. The zombies seem to be more violent then usually. It looks at first they were trying to get out for more food due to the zombies wrapped around barbwire. But then these guys came an now they found a new food source. So this is in fact before a true controller came to play(sam). Then I saw hell hounds on fire biting its way out. The hell hound wasn't even made yet! I forgot one one thing though. Richtofen says to samual mend the rift. So time is messed up an the zombies are breaking out before 925 was made. This is where one of the leaks are possible at the moment.

You're very welcome! And yeah the letter was off putting to me when I was doing research.

I'm also really hoping that this isn't a movie being filmed.

(It's not)

Honestly, I'm hoping the same. We really need to fill the gap of what happened in the 60's.

If these are prisoners at Alcatraz, it'll put us at 1941-1963, putting us in the prime time period of the storyline.

I just don't like to assume anything.

Purhaps it WAS a movie... But after the movie was made, and produced the apocolipse came... And some mind blowing occurrence has altered the movie into its own mini-reality outside of space and time.. Mimicking the occurrences of a REAL zombie out break (Mystery box, perks, glowing eyes...) But something, just the slightest thing... Was changed...

This changing effected the rolls of the movie characters, so now instead of doing what they were ment to do, they are performing some kind of help towards RICTOFEN and/or maxis... Or something far worce... Then, by changing the movie, the actors in the real world, back before the apocolips while the movie was being made... Ended up making this movie instead of what was soposed to be made... Changing the events of history.... :twisted:

But that's just my thoughts...

Logically, it seem like we will play as the actors themselves, much like we did in Call of the Dead.

What is strange is that 3arc have given the playable characters fictional names, unlike in Call of the Dead.

As I said in the other thread, this may because of some legal issues playing as real life criminals? Rather than introduce 4 new characters, 3arc use iconic mobster/gangster movie stars for the simple 'wow' factor.

On topic of the time/era of the map, one thing could be whether the Warden's headquarters are destroyed or not. The building was destroyed during the Native occupation of Alcatraz.

Alcatraz Warden's House

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden's_House_(Alcatraz_Island)

The Warden's House was the home of the wardens of the state penitentiary on Alcatraz Island, off San Francisco. It is located at the northeastern end of the Main Cellblock, next to Alcatraz Lighthouse. The 3-floor 15-room mansion was built in 1921 according to the Golden Gate National Recreational Area signpost, although some sources say it was built in 1926 or 1929 and had 17 or 18 rooms.

Today the house is a ruin, burned down during the AIM (American Indian Movement) Occupation of Alcatraz on June 1, 1970. Like many sites on the island, the house is reputed to be haunted.[4] Several guards reported seeing the spectre of a man with mutton-chop sideburns during a party wearing a gray suit and brimmed cap, leaving the room icy cold and extinguishing the fire in the Ben Franklin stove.

But more likely it will be part fiction & there will be contradictions like every other map.

With our assumed date between 1941 and Sam's entry into the MPD, we can safely say that the Warden's Office would still be standing. This building would seem like a likely place to hide some EE-related stuff...

Also I hope it ISNT a movie set... That would really kill the dark, demonic theme...

So it's being established that the DoT of this map will be 1941-1963 that a big gap we have...

But perhaps the Easter Egg will shed some light suppose?

You think the EE will be a spinoff of CotD? It would be nice....maybe. Having the O4 or N4 trapped somewhere.

Which brings me to a retrospect on 'purgatory' does time affect 'Purgatory'? I've come with a hunch, if in Purgatory we go when we die, we have objectives too, it's probably predictable purgatory is gonna play a vital key somehow in the EE, perhaps, Maybe, we save one of the crew from 'purgatory'? The O4 seems likely as we don't really know if they've gotten off 'Moon' alive or dead.

But then again it is a hunch.

I stray.

1941-1963 big gap in the prime of the story.

They aren't actors. Read the map description:

"With plans to break out of Alcatraz foiled by the rise of the undead, the quartet of inmates will have to lean on their mob-derived skills with firearms, blunt instruments and improvised weaponry as they battle the zombies infesting and overrunning the island.”

Also it would totally destroy the atmosphere of the map.

They aren't actors. Read the map description:

"With plans to break out of Alcatraz foiled by the rise of the undead, the quartet of inmates will have to lean on their mob-derived skills with firearms, blunt instruments and improvised weaponry as they battle the zombies infesting and overrunning the island.”

Also it would totally destroy the atmosphere of the map.

Exactly. They just provided voices and their visual likeness for this map. That's it.

I think we can definataly say that the zombies are prisoners because if you look at the map in the extended trailer/behind the scenes thing there are jail cells, and also a wardens office. It is definately well after the Jail opened, and also what if part of the easter egg is finishing the bridge. If in one scene it is under construction and another it is comeplete, then maybe the easter egg is comepleting it. Also someone on youtube mentioned that what if escaping alcatraz is the Easter egg. Maybe you finish the bridge and transport it somehow using magic or whatever then you escape

There is one thing that baffles me.

In this picture released yesterday- http://gyazo.com/8970eb2314ff5187df7e46a1e61b3200

You can see the phrase "Wall Street In Panic As Stocks Crash".

But that was in 1929. Is this an old newpaper clipping or what?

I would say that this phrase in the picture would be the hint towards the next map EXCEPT the "film reel" from Die Rise is not present. So, it wouldn't be the loading screen.

What do you guys think?