FEAR RU(SS?) - DLC Names

As we all know, the BO1 DLC spells out FEAR. With BO2, we now have Revolution and the new Uprising maps.

Together this makes FEAR RU--. I thought about what it could spell, but the only thing I could really come up with that made sense was RUSS.

FEAR RUSS. This would add up with the Bus Depot saying STOP RUSS. My only thought is it may be odd for them to create two DLCs in a row, both starting with an S. But who knows, if you guys have any ideas go ahead and say them. I'm thinking Russman's background might be hiding something huge though.

I understand the actual names of the DLC may have absolutely NO impact on the storyline or gameplay, but clues like this could be in some ways important. Here's some other 4 letter words I could think of that start with RU, but I can't imagine many of them being used.

Ruby - Rude - Rugs - Ruin - Rule - Rush - Rust

Watch out guys, we may just have to FEAR RUGS.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe fear (the) runs. Nothing like some diarrhea to spice up the forums :D

But seriously though I'm not sure they even meant to spell out fear last time. If there is a subliminal message I'm sure a lot of people are thinking Russ. I certainly am. And treyarch rarely does what many people think they are going to so it's anyone's guess really.

The word spelled out by the BO1 DLCs might not be related to the word spelled out by the BO2 DLCs (if there is one).

There might not even be a word to be spelled out by the BO2 DLCs. However, I believe there will be, as just with the BO1 DLCs the names all follow a theme. In BO1 it was a sequential theme (there was a First Strike, then things Escalated, then everything got Annihilated, then everything got Resurrected). So far the theme for BO2 DLCs seem to be that the names are related to some form of rebellion (Revolution, Uprising).

Mark my words, the word will be RULE.

Totally agree. The map pack names go with the theme of the campaign. Fear was a major factor in the cold war/Black Ops 1 Campaign. In Black Ops 2, we have Menedez rebelling and having his own rebellion even in death, not to mention various other references. Rule would fit the Black Ops 2 Campaign theme.

Revolution, Uprising, and words starting with L and E that relate to a rebellion.

Revolution

Uprising

Legion

Emergence

Don't you see? They could all be stages of a revolt!

Revolution - not a specific stage but the thing as a whole.

Uprising - the initial riots that start a rebellion

Legion - refers to a military unit; shows it's reached a militarized level.

Emergence - the rebels win and emerge as a new greater power.

Hmm?

• 1 month later...

Revolution

Uprising

(These are straight definitions)

Succession -the order in which or the conditions under which one person after another succeeds to a property, dignity, title, or throne: the right of a person or line to succeed: the line having such a right.

Sequence- the act or process of one person's taking the place of another in the enjoyment of or liability for rights or duties or both: the act or process of a person's becoming beneficially entitled to a property or property interest of a deceased person: the continuance of corporate personality: unidirectional change in the composition of an ecosystem as the available competing organisms and especially the plants respond to and modify the environment: a number of persons or things that follow each other in sequence: a group, type, or series that succeeds or displaces another.

I believe these would be 2 very exceptional names for our up coming DLC or DLC's.

-Eclipse

I don't know if the spelling of FEAR was intentional and I don't know whether they have an intention to spell out RULE or RUSS, but I have a feeling that Russman has a hidden agenda, I think he may have the intention to gain control of the zombies, I just find some of the things that he says are something that you would hear out of the mouth of a sociopath, he seems to also think that everyone is against him, although Marlton would much rather see Russman ripped to shreds than co-operate with him, but I believe Russman feels that more than just Marlton have it in for him.

Maybe fear (the) runs. Nothing like some diarrhea to spice up the forums :D

But seriously though I'm not sure they even meant to spell out fear last time. If there is a subliminal message I'm sure a lot of people are thinking Russ. I certainly am. And treyarch rarely does what many people think they are going to so it's anyone's guess really.

Hahaha Takeo thinks in reality, you, are the Monkey Bomb. Most entertaining and honorable, you are.

There is (already, damn) a rumor that the next map pack will be called "Summit".

It will go along with this theme of map packs centered around uprisings, rising up, etc. Seems legit.

Summit seems to be an inaccurate name, we go from revolution to uprising to summit? Nah, if anything it's going to be something allong the lines of "succession" or "surrender" or Some other word beginning with S that has to do with revolutions...

• 2 weeks later...

I feel it's gonna spell T.E.D.D.Y. The reason is what if it's not the first letters of the DLC, but the last letters of the maps?

TranziT

Die RisE

Mob of the DeaD

???

???

The next map will end with D and the one after will end with Y. It makes sense because teddy meant Eddy in Der Riese. So will it be FEAR TEDDY?