Mob of the Dead Trailer Analysis! NOW WITH "MAKING OF" VIDEO

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched that longer preview this weekend post CoD Championship.

My thoughts:

Well this looks really cool. It reminds me of a funhouse, like you'd see at a state fair/carnival, but zombie style fun. You know, dark, demented, disembowling fun. I can clearly see that map traps are going to be back (Yes!) and the wonder weapons (is that an 8 round revolver style shotgun?) look awesome.

Since there is a side quest that's not hidden and it looks fairly complicated, I can only imagine that the EE will be doubly as difficult. Throw in the Purgatory mode to complicate things even further and I think we all have our work cut out for us. Overall I don't think it will be a difficult map to survive as some of the areas look great for training (not taking into account the spawns as those are not easily revealed through these previews). However, I believe discovery of the EE and storyline will prove to be supremely challenging.

As far as storyline, I don't want to comment as there seems to be such a huge shift from the linear path we seemed to be taking, I don't think any accurate theories can be made until we begin to play, but if I had to guess about the eyes. I'm not of the school that they strictly indicate control. Maybe instead, they're a measure of the zombies' power. Perhaps the red indicates that these zombies are too powerful to be controlled, so they control themselves. With the ghostly past and abundance of dark energy that is rumored to be at Alcatraz, perhaps that fueled our zombies with so much power that they can now forsake their controller.

Regardless, this map looks awesome and I can't wait to play it!

Here is the "Replacers" trailer that just appeared (to me at least) on Xbox Live.

I'll post it here as well. Personally I think one of the best scenes is what they are working in a "Sammich" shop, and ask what type of "Sammich" would you want. That is EPIC. It shows that the devs are actually a part of the community to use memes like that. I don't know, just my thoughts.

Here you go: "The Replacers"

fjLm2sBrjeA

Happy hunting everyone!

I just wanted to point out that I believe this image below is of the actual Loading Screen for the MotD map.

When I look at the tears along the sides of the left page, they match that of the tears on the comic pages from all the BO1 and BO2 maps.

Furthermore, if you examine the way the pages lay at the spine, you'll notice the pages on the left lay a little thicker. That means we are past the halfway point of this book. And if you have checked out my Nuketown loading screen analysis thread, then you already know that NTZ was the halfway point in the loading screen comic. So order wise, this makes sense.

The artist for these loading screens has been putting detail into the spine folds, and tears in the sides of the pages, to help indicate the order for each page of the comic book all along.

Here's an image the Nuketown loading screen so you can see what I'm talking about

The one thing that throws me off is the bottom right corner of the second page.

Because it's not this:

What do you guys think?

- Mix

@Mix,

I wouldn't say we are positive that this is the loading screen for the next map out of the comic book, but it would make a lot of sense. Also note that Five didn't have a comic book page, either. To me it looks more of a like one of the characters' diaries, specifically Al Arlington's. The reason why is at the top right of the left page. There's a date there, reading "Feb 26th 1932." And, on the next page, it says "Remember this Al don't forget!" However, with this map being dated way back in time, perhaps this page is early in the comic book, maybe even before WaW maps. 1932 was before WWII anyway. But maybe it's something else. People have pointed out the text up the left side reads "Panic as stocks crash." Why would a news article be in a diary, or a comic book? Very interesting.

Argh Mix,

King of the loading screens. Such an eye for detail.

As you said, the tears on the left are the same as the nuketown LS. These tears are not visable on any other loading screen. I think this maybe one of, if not the first page in the comic, hence why the image that you see from the Die Rise page is not visable.

(Note, we never see the completely zoomed out image of the left hand side)

Sorry for the double post. But....

I only just noticed this looking back at my post. Can you see the similarities from the Nuketown bubblegum wrapper & the new perk "Electric Cherry"

- Both cost 5c

- The colours are the same

- The Skull inside the Perk Machine resembles 'Mictlantecuhtli'