Mob of the Dead Trailer Analysis! NOW WITH "MAKING OF" VIDEO

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, on Afrochubman's find. Obviously we're seeing an inverted color scheme than what we're used to for this map, with the orange mystery box light and red eyes. Well, that green looking stuff is like the purple stuff in the Sliquifier. And you know what the inverted color of that green is? Purple. :shock:

Also, on Afrochubman's find. Obviously we're seeing an inverted color scheme than what we're used to for this map, with the orange mystery box light and red eyes. Well, that green looking stuff is like the purple stuff in the Sliquifier. And you know what the inverted color of that green is? Purple. :shock:

Hmm, interesting connection. One makes the zombies slip, the other makes the zombies melt. Maybe. ;)

After all these discoveries we've made about parallels, how (story wise) could we POSSIBLY tie in an Easter Egg? Hopefully it's a breakaway from those damn Spires and the Richtofen/Maxis war.

Anyway, there seems to be what looks like crystals on the workbench? What could we use them for?

I'm glad they're bringing back the 'scare' factor from Nacht and Veruckt. I miss the dark colour scheme!

This map is shaping up to be the BEST map ever!

EDIT: Something else I just thought of. For a split second in the trailer, we see a Teddy Bear in a bloodied cell. The bear is a symbol of Samantha. How would the bear get here if Sam hadn't been here??? This could also back up my theory of the Ghostly Hellhounds...

EDIT 2: It hit me in the shower (if you know what I mean :P ). What if the 'thing' we see in the trailer isn't a Hellhound, but a DEMON? It seem's to be stationary... What if we have to energise this demon for it to leave us alone and allow passage? Maybe feed it zombie souls? Or Bullets?

I love mob movies. I took as many courses as i could about gangs and famous mobs in history. I watched scarface, gangster squad, Godfather, etc. The tommy gun in all movies is just awesome. Seeing it in this Mob-inspired map was sealing the deal.

New zombies look awesome. Purgatory style sounds sweet.

New characters are really cool. A bunch of mob guys getting ready to beat the shit outta some zombies. I cant wait to hear some of the quotes:

-SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND! (Scarface) (When using LMG, Tommy, or wonder weapon

-Hasta La Vista, Baby! (Terminator) (When using a shotgun or Wonder weapon)

-Ill be Back. (when someone goes down)

-Honor the Code. (someone dies)

-Kelly aint got nuthin on this! (getting the tommy or lmg)

-Your going on my Hit list! (when someone goes down)

If it had a true inverted color scheme, the characters' skin would be blue. Since we aren't playing as smurfs, I can see that the things that appear inverted are the wonder weapon, the box light, and the eyes. What do these have in common? They are all connected to the aether!

Just thought is point that out. I can't be sure of what significance it holds yet.

I half wonder if the other purpose of this map is basically going to involve our original four in some matter, or at least, dive deeper into the origins of 935. If this map really sets somewhere between the 1920's-1930's, then it's not too far off from the events we followed in Moon. When Richtofen initially pursued teleporting and discovered the Vril in 1939-1940.

Not to mention, the layout of this all so far, and how it relates to Call of the Dead. The cast obviously didn't have a whole lot to do with the zombie storyline. They were basically fun characters to use that found themselves at the wrong place, at the wrong time and helped out the original crew as well as found a lot of stuff that guided a chunk of the storyline along from the past. Now, sh*t is going down at Alcatraz, where some mobsters get caught in the middle of some complications during a jail break.

• Administrators

If it had a true inverted color scheme, the characters' skin would be blue. Since we aren't playing as smurfs, I can see that the things that appear inverted are the wonder weapon, the box light, and the eyes. What do these have in common? They are all connected to the aether!

Just thought is point that out. I can't be sure of what significance it holds yet.

You never know - in fact, that may very well be the reason for what we are presented at the moment. Everything we held true about zombies and particular instances have always been derived from either our storyline, or the Aether plain and simple.

Just the zombies' appearances alone make be support that idea.

EDIT 2: It hit me in the shower (if you know what I mean :P ). What if the 'thing' we see in the trailer isn't a Hellhound, but a DEMON? It seem's to be stationary... What if we have to energise this demon for it to leave us alone and allow passage? Maybe feed it zombie souls? Or Bullets?

I've been thinking maybe we feed the "demon" zombies, and doing so will give us some sort of reward?

Edit: Possibly think of this demon as "Fluffy" from Harry Potter. It blocked the characters from getting into a special room. Maybe this demon does the same.

I've been thinking maybe we feed the "demon" zombies, and doing so will give us some sort of reward?

Edit: Possibly think of this demon as "Fluffy" from Harry Potter. It blocked the characters from getting into a special room. Maybe this demon does the same.

I think the new hellhound samanthas dog. It teleported, travelled through time and space, from the future (when richtofen teleported the dog), to the prison (mob of the dead time), thats where it got zombified, and returned to the future, also the reason why the dog didnt move.

I think the new hellhound samanthas dog. It teleported, travelled through time and space, from the future (when richtofen teleported the dog), to the prison (mob of the dead time), thats where it got zombified, and returned to the future, also the reason why the dog didnt move.

But, if that is indeed Sam's Fluffy, there would only be one. If you killed it, it would theoretically not respawn. Where would the fun be in that? :P

But, if that is indeed Sam's Fluffy, there would only be one. If you killed it, it would theoretically not respawn. Where would the fun be in that? :P

Who says defeating an enemy means you kill it? Just look at George Romero!

Who says defeating an enemy means you kill it? Just look at George Romero!

True, but would Treyarch really make another George Romero? They got a lot of backlash from the community because of him.

yea and I freking love george.

Well, what' your highest round in CotD? :evil:

JK, but honestly, the majority of the community complained about him. If I didn't have the season pass and heard there's another George, I honestly wouldn't buy it.

JK, but honestly, the majority of the community complained about him. If I didn't have the season pass and heard there's another George, I honestly wouldn't buy it.

round 38. and i ran out of time. plus it was within the first month or two that i started playing console zombies. (i played a lot of ipod zombies) now im reaching 70+ so a 50 on cotd doesn't seem that hard now. you get a frekin wunderwaffe from george and a free perk. and its super easy to kill him. especially on solo. online it envolves teamwork but doesn't everything in zombies?

round 38. and i ran out of time. plus it was within the first month or two that i started playing console zombies. (i played a lot of ipod zombies) now im reaching 70+ so a 50 on cotd doesn't seem that hard now. you get a frekin wunderwaffe from george and a free perk. and its super easy to kill him. especially on solo. online it envolves teamwork but doesn't everything in zombies?

just got to 41. george was only a problem once.

just got to 41. george was only a problem once.

If you know how to use George to your advantage, he is a huge ally. You can use him to drop Max Ammos, you can nullify his shock-y effect, and he'll drop Wunder Waffes and perks. I love George. He is my friend.

If you know how to use George to your advantage, he is a huge ally. You can use him to drop Max Ammos, you can nullify his shock-y effect, and he'll drop Wunder Waffes and perks. I love George. He is my friend.

The problem is that most players don't know how to effectively "use" George. They just see him as a big, walking obstruction that takes forever to kill. I'm not one of those people, but a majority are, and it's that majority that Treyarch tends to cater to in a situation like this.