Mob of the Dead Trailer Analysis! NOW WITH "MAKING OF" VIDEO

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched the hellhound part a couple times now. Too me it looks like it just the hellhounds head sticking out of a wall. It might be blocking the door next to it or she shoots fireballs at u? That's just my theroy tho. Also if u pause it a the right time u get a good look at a zombie...... Looks cool! Can't wait for this map!

Great video Flammen. I think that fiery Hell hounds are mid round dogs like in Der riese from Black Ops 1.

Thank you Way. I also want to think that, but the thing is, I'm still not sure if they are Hellhounds or not. I mean, this map is set long before the first Hellhound was even created!

What in the world is that fiery thing? Fire bat? New type of Hellhound? Very interesting. Also note that we'll have the 2025 weapons again.

Since we're on Alcatraz (with all the ghost stories), could it possibly be a new type of Hellhound?

THE GHOSTLY HELLHOUND!!!!

• Administrators

I don't think Hellhounds were around at this time, if I am not mistaken. The original Hellhounds were brought "to life" by Fluffy around 1945 [unconfirmed] in Der Riese. Unless the spawns went back - which bear in mind, is still questionable - through time, there is absolutely no way that the mini-bosses we see are indeed those Hellhounds, nor are they bats due to the size of what seems to be their faces.

It may not even be an animal, for all we know.

I don't think Hellhounds were around at this time, if I am not mistaken. The original Hellhounds were brought "to life" by Fluffy around 1945 [unconfirmed] in Der Riese. Unless the spawns went back - which bear in mind, is still questionable - through time, there is absolutely no way that the mini-bosses we see are indeed those Hellhounds, nor are they bats due to the size of what seems to be their faces.

Perhaps they are blazing Denizens? Or something in the same family as Denizens?

Since we're on Alcatraz (with all the ghost stories), could it possibly be a new type of Hellhound?

THE GHOSTLY HELLHOUND!!!!

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Like I said, this map is set before the first Hellhound was even created. :P But, Treyarch likes to mess with us.

Yes they do. The've got everyone EXTREMELY curious as to who is master of the Zombies? We can't exactly power a Spire for Richtofen/Maxis because this far back (assuming Die Rise takes place in the 2000's) it probably wouldn't have any effect. Plus Richtofen has no power over anything here.

This is true, but we have seen the power of time travel in extreme amounts, so anything is possible. Also, HOW DID THESE ZOMBIES GET HERE??? Alcatraz is an island. Wasn't the first meteor containing 115 found near SNN? And it was quite a time after this... So many mysteries to be solved!

One thing I brought up in a different topic was this.

What do we have here?

Zombies with red eyes (associated with evil)

Big ol' ball of fire (associated with hell)

Evil creepy monster thingy

*cheerleader voice* put it all together and way do you get???

Flaming evil red-eyed Monster! WOOO!!!

So maybe...

Maybe it is literally a demon?

Edit: @flammen

But couldn't they have attempted to teleport a different kind of animal before fluffy? Because we all know what happened VERY shortly after the fluffy incident. I doubt maxis had time to scribble a journal entry while being mauled by a hellhound in a locked room.

Matuzz pointed out the Maxis journal entry in my Red Eyed Zombies thread. Where Richtofen believes the teleporter actually sent the subjects through time. Perhaps, if these are indeed Hellhounds, they got to Alcatraz via time travel?

1 word. Yes.

But couldn't they have attempted to teleport a different kind of animal before fluffy? Because we all know what happened VERY shortly after the fluffy incident. I doubt maxis had time to scribble a journal entry while being mauled by a hellhound in a locked room.

Well, no, of course not. I believe that journal entry was created when they were first starting to test out the teleporters. Of course, once they teleported Fluffy, well, you know what happened. ;)

• Administrators

Well...Hellhounds seem to have the power to spawn out of nowhere, and continue doing so in any may they please it. That would mean Fluffy originally teleported straight to the Aether, hence how the spawns can jump into any map, any time they please - because they are well capable of it. This could be the case, but it's just intriguing how these look like a more demonic version of your typical Hellhound.

Well...Hellhounds seem to have the power to spawn out of nowhere, and continue doing so in any may they please it. That would mean Fluffy originally teleported straight to the Aether, hence how the spawns can jump into any map, any time they please - because they are well capable of it. This could be the case, but it's just intriguing how these look like a more demonic version of your typical Hellhound.

I believe the Warden uses these ones as type of guard dogs. Because Hell hounds always rush at you, this puppy in the trailer was just standing there roaring. :D

I believe the Warden uses these ones as type of guard dogs. Because Hell hounds always rush at you, this puppy in the trailer was just standing there roaring. :D

That's a very good connection, once again! Yes, perhaps these are mutations of the Warden's guard dogs. Hellweilers, anyone? ;)

I still want to think that they're flaming gremlins like the Denizens, but hey, nobody knows. :P