Mob of the Dead Discussion/ Trailer Analysis

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys keep saying stuff like "hellhounds were sent back in time! So we're the guns! That's how we have future stuff back during prohibition!" don't you think it more likely that the new new 4 (Jesus, what do we call them? The Alcatraz A4?) into the future? That would account for the possible presence of hellhounds and all the future guns.

You might then ask "why then, EJ, would the zombies have red eyes?" everyone immediately assumes That it takes place before Sam was in control, where some other entity with red eyes was in control. Or even that nobody was in control, and red is the default eye color. But maybe this is in the future (relative to die rise, for example a short while after die rise.) maxis's plans have succeeded, and richtofen is no longer in control. So now either nobody is in control (following the default eye color idea) or maxis is in control, and he has red eyes. OR someone else could be in control. Tid would have to be someone who has never appeared in physical form or hadn't been introduced yet, since nobody had had red eyes so far.

Also IMO that is NOT a hellhound. But that just me.

Only problem with this entire thing is it's already been said by Treyarch this occurs in the Prohibition era, which was between 1920 and 1933, therefore it's too early to involve Richtofen in control and his conflict with Maxis. I don't understand why the future weapons are there, perhaps just for gameplay reasons- I don't know. What I do know is that this will be epic and we'll find out in 12 days.

That is definitely a thompson with a round drum. Definitely not the ppsh.

I am surprised at how many people care about the story of zombies. I am not one of them, but to the person who said nobody cares about the story, here people certainly do.

Maxis' color in lights has been red, so red eyes could be him. But not necessarily.

That is definitely a thompson with a round drum. Definitely not the ppsh.

I am surprised at how many people care about the story of zombies. I am not one of them, but to the person who said nobody cares about the story, here people certainly do.

Maxis' color in lights has been red, so red eyes could be him. But not necessarily.

I was actually a bit offended by that comment actually. I feel like people wouldn't be on this website if they didn't care about the story.

And there's a thread that mentions that the date of the map is PAST 1941, so Maxis is possible.

Looks like some sort of sacrifice is going on.

There's also hanging "men" shown in the trailer, when it shows the characters.

I really do enjoy the eerie feel of the map. It reminds me very much of the World at War maps with their grittiness and the feeling of always being watched.

What do you guys think of the NAV table and cards? Do you think they will be in this map?

Very much so.

We see this image in the trailer for a few solid seconds, and it appears to he in the playable area of the map. It has strange eye symbols on it, and a switch like the ones in former maps that would activate traps on the bottom left of it. Is this the tower?

In this image, that same tower is at the bottom of the screen, but also note the water tower in the top right. My money's on one of these towers being the one.

This makes some sense with the whole idea of purgatory. As it became cannon in the last map that the reason we re-spawn is because of those in control trying to manipulate our actions, it would then make sense that since some one new, or no one, is in control the same thing wouldn't happen.

In other words we have no one to re-spawn us and control our actions, thus we would go to the afterlife after death, meaning that this new purgatory is basically what happens to normal people in the world of COD zombies, and we are going to see it for the first time this map because these characters are not being messed with like the O4 or the N4. The one place this sort of falls through with is with the original map, and Call of the Dead, but who knows maybe their of importance to Sam at the time of their zombie fighting.

But it makes sense, the reason we re-spawn is because of the current announcer, thus something else must happen when we are not key to their plans.

I think the new hellhound is fluffy, samanthas dog. It teleported, travelled through time and space, from the future (when richtofen teleported the dog), to the prison (mob of the dead time), thats where it got zombified, and returned to the future, also the reason why the dog didnt move.

What do you guys think?

This makes some sense with the whole idea of purgatory. As it became cannon in the last map that the reason we re-spawn is because of those in control trying to manipulate our actions, it would then make sense that since some one new, or no one, is in control the same thing wouldn't happen.

In other words we have no one to re-spawn us and control our actions, thus we would go to the afterlife after death, meaning that this new purgatory is basically what happens to normal people in the world of COD zombies, and we are going to see it for the first time this map because these characters are not being messed with like the O4 or the N4. The one place this sort of falls through with is with the original map, and Call of the Dead, but who knows maybe their of importance to Sam at the time of their zombie fighting.

But it makes sense, the reason we re-spawn is because of the current announcer, thus something else must happen when we are not key to their plans.

Keep in mind though that somebody IS in control, we just don't know who yet.

I would like to say something as well:

I have read a lot of people (not neccesarily on here but elsewhere, Youtube comments and what not) that this is actually a film set and the celebrities are filming a new movie, and the map takes place in 2025. I'm sure some of you have seen these people too and I have to ask- where's the proof?!

I mean for starters, the celebrities all use mobster names in the map, yet if this was a flim set gone wrong like Call of The Dead why wouldn't they just us their normal names? Also that idea's been done before and Treyarch zombies team hate reusing ideas so I doubt that's going to happen. I understand it explains the existence of 2025 era weapons but i'm sure that will be explained to us in game.

Unless someone has some proof that this is the case, I really don't believe this at all and this was likely just someone's theory that everyone has taken as true.

I would like to say something as well:

I have read a lot of people (not neccesarily on here but elsewhere, Youtube comments and what not) that this is actually a film set and the celebrities are filming a new movie, and the map takes place in 2025. I'm sure some of you have seen these people too and I have to ask- where's the proof?!

I mean for starters, the celebrities all use mobster names in the map, yet if this was a flim set gone wrong like Call of The Dead why wouldn't they just us their normal names? Also that idea's been done before and Treyarch zombies team hate reusing ideas so I doubt that's going to happen. I understand it explains the existence of 2025 era weapons but i'm sure that will be explained to us in game.

Unless someone has some proof that this is the case, I really don't believe this at all and this was likely just someone's theory that everyone has taken as true.

I've heard this as well. The reason a lot of people have used is because the "actors" were not even alive at this time. We need to keep in mind that these 4 actors are simply VOICING characters that Treyarch came up with. They are NOT voicing themselves.

Also, the box is non- canon, so people can't use that for reasoning.

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but I've literally been in TranZit.

So we have Movie stars that do the voice overs & the playable characters are modelled on them aswell, yet 3Arc have given them "fictional names". I think this may be because of legal issues having criminals as playable characters? There's something strange going on yet again, but it may have something to do with this? I doubt this is a 'Call of the Dead" style movie & I'm unsure at which time this would be set.

It could be a time setting prior to Shi No Numa & Der Riese. A cool real-life mystery to tie in the mobsters would be the story of the 3 (4) inmates that have never been accounted for. The legend of - "Escape from Alcatraz".

Perhaps when these guys were escaping, the full outbreak occurred & here we find our new characters? (but that was in 1962)

"Escape from Alcatraz"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_1962_Alcatraz_escape

I guess we will learn some more after the next reveal & it's only 2 weeks away from release.

"Devil's Island"

or

"Right of Discovery" anyone?

Ray Liotta is "Billy Handsome"

Joe Pantoliano is "Al 'The Weasel' Arlington"

Chazz Palmentiri is "Salvatore 'Sal' DeLuca"

Michael Madsen is "Michael 'Finn' O'Leary"

The red beam does seem similar to the blue light seen from the mystery box like others stated. But what's odd is the way the room where the box would be at is extremely bright in the picture. I don't recall the mystery box we have now having such an effect. Also, the Water Tower appears to be prominent in the picture, and is the highest point on Alcatraz Island. I doubt we'll be building a tower on this map, but if we do, the tower will most likely be involved.

Look at the background of the screenshot I posted of Joe Pantoliano. I imagine that would be the red room you see from the aerial shot.

Looks like some sort of sacrifice is going on..

Some type of ritual indeed. Not only the skull on the table surrounded by candles reminded me of the Shangri-La Shrine, but also all the bodies wrapped up. They are everywhere in Mob of the Dead.

Someone likes their scented candles?

The zombie in the trailer that people are saying is the warden is probably just a guard because the badge the guards wore looked exactly like the one that zombie had on. It was probably just a little cinematic they did for the trailer or something like that.

The zombie in the trailer that people are saying is the warden is probably just a guard because the badge the guards wore looked exactly like the one that zombie had on. It was probably just a little cinematic they did for the trailer or something like that.

I'm not completely set on it being the warden either. However we do see this man in the opening cutscene.

So the fact that the zombies eyes are red could mean that it is Maxis, but remember how the lights in TranZit for him were orange and not red? So what if it is not Maxis? Who could it be? Personally I think it is going to be Sam, you know Samantha's teddy bear, because in kino when you go into the "evil" room after teleporting there is a red tint to the room and the teddy bear has red eyes. (don't quote me on the red eyes thing)

You guys keep saying stuff like "hellhounds were sent back in time! So we're the guns! That's how we have future stuff back during prohibition!" don't you think it more likely that the new new 4 (Jesus, what do we call them? The Alcatraz A4?) into the future? That would account for the possible presence of hellhounds and all the future guns.

You might then ask "why then, EJ, would the zombies have red eyes?" everyone immediately assumes That it takes place before Sam was in control, where some other entity with red eyes was in control. Or even that nobody was in control, and red is the default eye color. But maybe this is in the future (relative to die rise, for example a short while after die rise.) maxis's plans have succeeded, and richtofen is no longer in control. So now either nobody is in control (following the default eye color idea) or maxis is in control, and he has red eyes. OR someone else could be in control. Tid would have to be someone who has never appeared in physical form or hadn't been introduced yet, since nobody had had red eyes so far.

Also IMO that is NOT a hellhound. But that just me.

Ok so i really think you are on to something good here, but who else other than he O4 and Samantha have access to the MPD? If it is going to be anyone new I think it would have to be one of the O4 right? Or possibly Sam, Samanthas Teddy Bear, the one with the evil voice and red tint to the room in kino. I don't know probably going out on a limb there though.