Mob of the Dead Discussion/ Trailer Analysis

jdJONV3KvW0

"Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising's wildly creative new "Mob of the Dead" Zombies experience finds the four prohibition-era mobsters, Billy Handsome (Liotta), Al "The Weasel" Arlington (Pantoliano), Salvatore "Sal" DeLuca (Palmentiri), and Michael "Finn" O'Leary (Madsen) serving time in Alcatraz Prison, only to discover that being behind bars is the least of their problems. With plans to break out of Alcatraz foiled by the rise of the undead, the quartet of inmates will have to lean on their mob-derived skills with firearms, blunt instruments and improvised weaponry as they battle the zombies infesting and overrunning the island. In order to survive, players must work their way through the steel cells and aging concrete buildings while fighting off a multitude of zombified prisoners and guards trapped on the island with them. Additionally, if a player becomes an unfortunate victim, Mob of the Dead's new feature known as "Purgatory" sends players into the afterlife. This new twist on Zombies gameplay is ripe with its own set of objectives, and offers fans a truly new and unique experience."

So, it's official. Uprising for Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be out on April 16th, first on the Xbox 360!

Mob of the Dead will have an opening cutscene showing our survivors attempting to escape from Alcatraz prison and will involve our "Warden."

"Welcome to Alcatraz!"

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04/02/leaked-promo-image-confirms-uprising-as-2nd-black-ops-2-dlc/

From the poster:

1. Zombies have red eyes, meaning either Samantha nor Richthofen are in control. Will we find out who controls them in the Easter Egg?

2. Zombies definitely look more "terrifying" than previous maps. They look more realistic in terms of model textures and I believe it'll add to the experience of it being the "most terrifying map to date."

Playable Characters:

Ray Liotta

Chaz Palminteri

Joe Pantoliano

Michael Madsen

Liotta is "Billy Handsome"

Pantoliano is "Al 'The Weasel' Arlington"

Palmentiri is "Salvatore 'Sal' DeLuca" Madsen is "Michael 'Finn' O'Leary"

Could it be...?

Could this be our beloved PPSH returning after a bit of a hiatus? Or is it simply a different version of the Tommy Gun than what we're used to seeing?

Enemies

The Warden

Hellhounds?

Many thanks to PINNAZ for this next section!

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but I've literally been in TranZit.

So we have Movie stars that do the voice overs & the playable characters are modelled on them aswell, yet 3Arc have given them "fictional names". I think this may be because of legal issues having criminals as playable characters? There's something strange going on yet again, but it may have something to do with this? I doubt this is a 'Call of the Dead" style movie & I'm unsure at which time this would be set.

It could be a time setting prior to Shi No Numa & Der Riese. A cool real-life mystery to tie in the mobsters would be the story of the 3 (4) inmates that have never been accounted for. The legend of - "Escape from Alcatraz".

Perhaps when these guys were escaping, the full outbreak occurred & here we find our new characters? (but that was in 1962)

"Escape from Alcatraz"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_1962_Alcatraz_escape

I guess we will learn some more after the next reveal & it's only 2 weeks away from release.

"Devil's Island"

or

"Right of Discovery" anyone?

Ray Liotta is "Billy Handsome"

Joe Pantoliano is "Al 'The Weasel' Arlington"

Chazz Palmentiri is "Salvatore 'Sal' DeLuca"

Michael Madsen is "Michael 'Finn' O'Leary"

The red beam does seem similar to the blue light seen from the mystery box like others stated. But what's odd is the way the room where the box would be at is extremely bright in the picture. I don't recall the mystery box we have now having such an effect. Also, the Water Tower appears to be prominent in the picture, and is the highest point on Alcatraz Island. I doubt we'll be building a tower on this map, but if we do, the tower will most likely be involved.

Look at the background of the screenshot I posted of Joe Pantoliano. I imagine that would be the red room you see from the aerial shot.

Looks like some sort of sacrifice is going on..

Some type of ritual indeed. Not only the skull on the table surrounded by candles reminded me of the Shangri-La Shrine, but also all the bodies wrapped up. They are everywhere in Mob of the Dead.

Someone likes their scented candles?

If you have any theories, leave them below! Also, if possible, try to post any news or updates to this thread as to avoid too much clutter on this new section of the forums.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you write that or get it from somewhere? you should post the deets please and thank ya :)

on topic: this sounds amazing especially if they are "prohibition era gangsters" i wonder if that means the date in the game is gonna be 1920-1933 due to the prohibition since it takes place in san fran...

Really? They're doing the same thing? ... Still, it sounds amazing. When it says "an

unprecedented new challenge", I'm really hoping to see some kind of boss that roams around like George. But scarier, since we're in jail.

I don't mind the throwback of Call of the Dead on a different location, but seriously, they better not do the same kind of Easter Egg where we have to rescue the BO2 crew. I want to lit up more orange towers, okay?

Woo finally! Thanks for posting!

Ok, so, I'm sure you all noticed red-eyed zombies. As you know, this chNge only occurs when the soul controlling the MPD changes. My theory? Maxis is now in control. Like I said HERE, a third consecutive map with the N4 powering up the tower would be too redundant. It has simply been implied that it occurred.

Finally right about something! Let me just... Bask in this moment...

Ray Liotta slaying zombies? lmao

How in the world will a bunch of mafia-esque actors slaying zombies in Alcatraz ever tie into the storyline? I'm completely lost...

The same thing was said about the characters in Call of the Dead, and look how that turned out. Storyline was amazing, map layout was amazing, and it was perfectly balanced.

How in the world will a bunch of mafia-esque actors slaying zombies in Alcatraz ever tie into the storyline? I'm completely lost...

Nobody cares about the storyline anymore lol

That's not even remotely true.

The same thing was said about the characters in Call of the Dead, and look how that turned out. Storyline was amazing, map layout was amazing, and it was perfectly balanced.

the story of the map was ok, but its significance directly to the zombies storyline was minimal. obviously there were several radios which def helped the backstory, but as far as advancing the story all it really did was teleport the O4 from one place to another.... it was really just bridging the gap so to speak

the story of the map was ok, but its significance directly to the zombies storyline was minimal. obviously there were several radios which def helped the backstory, but as far as advancing the story all it really did was teleport the O4 from one place to another.... it was really just bridging the gap so to speak

"Bridging the gap" isn't necessarily a bad thing though. Plus, change is never a bad thing, and if this map is anything like Call of the Dead, then the Easter Egg will be good, and hopefully we'll be in contact with the O4.

very nice!! :twisted: of course this means we all wonder why the red eyes ??? another evil has come into power of the MPD ? I ask myself what time line could this be ? The dork who said nobody cares about the storyline must not be a TRUE Zombie fan. Let the games begin !!! where are all the best thinkers around here ?

Right, I haven't been on here for a while but if you remember i'm quite a theorist so here goes:

I believe this map will be the real revelation behind the controller of the zombies. Of course, as already mentioned, the zombies have red eyes and there era it's set in (1920-1933, how long Prohibition lasted in America) is before Group 935 discovered the zombies and before they were set-up, supportin my theory that this is at least a different announcer, but is it the original?...

As I just read, we now go to 'purgatory' when we die, which I imagine is a different part of the map where I imagine we have to find a way out. Let's be honest guys, I think 'purgatory' is probably the Aether. I mean, we know lost souls go there and one description I read describes the four as "lost souls", again supporting my theory.

Finally, on the topic of hellhounds, whilst I think they would be perfect for this map and really add to the atmosphere, due to the era and years and the fact Samantha wouldn't even have been born yet let alone allow Maxis to get his hands on Fluffy amd create the first hellhound, I really doubt they will be in this map, unless Maxis didn't create the first Hellhound?...

So in conclusion, we may discover the true leader of the zombies (voice in Richtofen's head?), we'll hopefully finally visit the Aether, and we may discover about another group who worked on 115 before Group 935 (Just thought of that, explains the Hellhounds and the zombies?).

Sorry if any of these theories clash woth theories already put out by you guys, I haven't read this thread yet as it's 10:00pm here and I am suprisingly tired and wanted to get these ideas down before I fell asleep. Sorry for any spelling mistakes too.

I have a few thoughts.

1. The Red eyes. Maybe Gersh is in control... or even weirder... Samuel? Who knows, ecen though it's not purple, it might even be the Vril lol.

2. Future weapons are present. Perhaps Maxis took control and that sent everything back in time, or maybe the missiles he launched back on the Moon changed parts of the Earth's time. I mean think about it. Green Run looks like the 60's, Die Rise looks like early 2000's, and this is in the 20's.

3. Back in Prohibition, alcohol was illegal. I guess that means no perks :(

However, back in those days, mobsters sold and drunk it illegally, so perhaps what the description meant by "mob-derived skills", was that certain mobsters drunk certain perks, so they'd have certain set abilities. Or maybe they made perks (a variant of Stamin-Up could be Motion Moonshine lol)

You guys keep saying stuff like "hellhounds were sent back in time! So we're the guns! That's how we have future stuff back during prohibition!" don't you think it more likely that the new new 4 (Jesus, what do we call them? The Alcatraz A4?) into the future? That would account for the possible presence of hellhounds and all the future guns.

You might then ask "why then, EJ, would the zombies have red eyes?" everyone immediately assumes That it takes place before Sam was in control, where some other entity with red eyes was in control. Or even that nobody was in control, and red is the default eye color. But maybe this is in the future (relative to die rise, for example a short while after die rise.) maxis's plans have succeeded, and richtofen is no longer in control. So now either nobody is in control (following the default eye color idea) or maxis is in control, and he has red eyes. OR someone else could be in control. Tid would have to be someone who has never appeared in physical form or hadn't been introduced yet, since nobody had had red eyes so far.

Also IMO that is NOT a hellhound. But that just me.

You guys keep saying stuff like "hellhounds were sent back in time! So we're the guns! That's how we have future stuff back during prohibition!" don't you think it more likely that the new new 4 (Jesus, what do we call them? The Alcatraz A4?) into the future? That would account for the possible presence of hellhounds and all the future guns.

You might then ask "why then, EJ, would the zombies have red eyes?" everyone immediately assumes That it takes place before Sam was in control, where some other entity with red eyes was in control. Or even that nobody was in control, and red is the default eye color. But maybe this is in the future (relative to die rise, for example a short while after die rise.) maxis's plans have succeeded, and richtofen is no longer in control. So now either nobody is in control (following the default eye color idea) or maxis is in control, and he has red eyes. OR someone else could be in control. Tid would have to be someone who has never appeared in physical form or hadn't been introduced yet, since nobody had had red eyes so far.

Also IMO that is NOT a hellhound. But that just me.

The developer said it takes place in the 1920's...

No Hellhound. Hellhounds appear from 115 electricity. These things are the real Devil Dogs right here.

Great close up. It seems like an apparition of some sort.. Or it could be just the thing spawning. Could be kinda like the Avogadro, where it moves from side to side and has a special attack. Maybe it breathes fire!

No Hellhound. Hellhounds appear from 115 electricity. These things are the real Devil Dogs right here.

Maybe it's not spawning. Aren't Hellhounds normally on fire? Anyways, you're probably right. Because Hellhounds were born in the 40's. But maybe, they were teleported back in time to the 20's? Oh, and to the guy who posted the data entry by Maxis (Good Job by the way for pointing that out), I think the Zombies were in the teleporter. Thus causing the first outbreak. And maybe that supposed "break-out" by prisoners discussed back then was a cover-up? Maybe that's why it was converted into a museum afterwards lol?

Watching the video closer, the creature does not jump out like Hellhounds. It appears to be stationary, as it tries to bite anyone near it. Very strange creature indeed.

Other stuff I saw:

Looks like some sort of sacrifice is going on.

The red beam does seem similar to the blue light seen from the mystery box like others stated. But what's odd is the way the room where the box would be at is extremely bright in the picture. I don't recall the mystery box we have now having such an effect. Also, the Water Tower appears to be prominent in the picture, and is the highest point on Alcatraz Island. I doubt we'll be building a tower on this map, but if we do, the tower will most likely be involved.