Flamethrower Damage?

This topic will be discussing the Flamethrower from World at War in all of its awesomeness. These are the things we know about it: it doesn't use ammo, rather it needs to cool down after a short use, and it continues doing damage to any zombies who are on fire. On Nacht, you could hurt yourself and your teammates with it, but not on any later maps. Upgraded, it's range is increased, heat up time is slower, and cool down time is faster. But most importantly, it can kill zombies very quickly into very late rounds.

I always just assumed that the flamethrower took a percentage of the zombies' health, and had a minimum damage, which would explain why it was even more effective on early rounds, but recently I've been wondering if this is actually the case. Does anyone else have any insight on to why this weapon is so ridiculously powerful?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are right that it takes damage based on a percentage of health. It is the only thing that would make sense.

Honestly, the one and only reason the M2 Flamethrower was overpowered was because it had INFINITE AMMO. I mean, seriously? Did they not even think about that? Ridiculous. I mean, I'll use it, because infinite ammo is dumb to turn down, but still... it is totally unrealistic.

• 1 year later...

I think you are right that it takes damage based on a percentage of health. It is the only thing that would make sense.

Honestly, the one and only reason the M2 Flamethrower was overpowered was because it had INFINITE AMMO. I mean, seriously? Did they not even think about that? Ridiculous. I mean, I'll use it, because infinite ammo is dumb to turn down, but still... it is totally unrealistic.

Don't question it, you'll just end up scratching your head harder than before.