Minion rounds HELP!

Hi guys this is my first post btw.

So anyway here is the situation it's a minion round I have a Trample steam and claymores and a bowie knife i am on the rooftop and i lay all the claymores out in front of me. Everything is good until....

Fling!!! :evil: i accidently go on the trample steam and fall of the map.

so what I am asking you guys is: I NEED A GOOD STATEGY FOR MINION ROUNDS!!! so please take your time to read this and suggest a strategy.

PSN:Z0M3IE_SLAYA_115 ( got a new set of turtle beaches today!) :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best strategy i can give you is go to budha room. put your trample steam down on the broken column leading up the an94. when the denizens come just have them hit the trample steam. have some insta claymores ready in case one of them passed the trample steam. (if you don't know what insta claymores are, put 12 claymores on the map in a spot where they will not blow up and when you place the next it will blow up instantly.)the insta claymores are great for denizen rounds because if you place a normal one down the denizens might jump over them.

when i say denizens im talking about minions, jumping jacks, what ever you call them...

Just find a nice spot where you can set a trample steam, and run around it. As you run circles around the trample steam the minions will hit it and die. This will work no matter how many players there are and no matter where you are on the map (provided you have room to run around the trample steam).

What I do is just back into a corner and put a trample steam downs few feet in front of me. Jumping Jacks always come to land right in front of you when they attack so they will always land directly on the trample steam. The only time it won't kill them is if 2 land on it at the same time. In that case only one will die. However it should be easy to galva-knuckle them or stab them with a Bowie knife. You can use the insta claymore technique effectively here if you like, but I find it unnecessary in most cases.

General strategies:

1) Back yourself into a corner that has relatively even ground in front of you. Take 3 steps forward and drop your trample-steam then back into the corner. You won't even need to fire a bullet.

2) Set your Trample-steam down anywhere you can run a circle around. Run circles but cut close to the Trample-steam on one of the arcs so that the jumpers try to cut across it to get you and kill themselves.

Good locations:

a) Corner strat: Literally anywhere the ground is relatively flat and not facing an open ledge.

B) Circle strat: First room, in front of PDW, Trample-steam table, next to ramp on roof, in front of double elevators on the roof, in front of first mystery box location, next to big hole in floor and below it, buddah room, in front of Siliquifier table (tight), around sewing machines just outside the power room.

Trample-steam tips:

a) Any time you put down your trample-steam in either strategy be mindful of where you are pointing it. Ex: in front of the Trample-steam table don't put it facing off the roof or towards the elevator shaft, always point it towards the wall or the build table.

B) When running in the restaurant area (near the top of the slide to the mystery box on the other side of the bar)there is actually a hole in the ceiling. Put your trample-steam below this hole and run circles around it, some of the jumpers spawn from that hole and will drop right down onto the trample-steam.

c)If with a group its easy to find a place to back yourself into and then everyone lays their trample-steams down in a row in front of them. ex: on the floor with the trample-steam build table in corner across from the B23r your team can back themselves against the wall and take 4-5 steps forward and set 3 trample-steams side by side across the gap. Step back and your whole team doesn't have to do anything.

Tip when setting up your Trample-steam:

a)Jumper rounds come between rounds 5-7 and then about every 5 rounds after that. Set up your trample-steam in your corner of choice near the end of the 4th round so it is ready to go for the jumper round to start. Jump behind it and set a claymore down to make sure it's in the right spot after the first one comes at you.

B) Set a claymore or two down while waiting for your trample-steam to set.

c) stockpile claymores facing a wall to be used during a jumper round. This is good in case your trample-steam breaks, or you're having trouble in general.

d) set up a little mine field of claymores in a corner facing out and if you get to where you have a huge group behind you and no way to kill them run them into that corner let them explode and then make a break for a trample-steam.

Tips when knifing/knuckling:

a)Get a bit of a lead on the jumper and then turn and crouch and knife. Be very careful because it's easy to get overwhelmed if you don't turn and run away immediately. One swipe is like half a hit from a zombie but when 3-4 swipe you at once you'll go down quick.

Note: In solo once you have 6 perks there is no benefit from getting the perk bottle. Just shoot them and get your max ammo. With a team once everyone has 6 perks just shoot them and get your max ammo. I find people still try to struggle to not shoot even though everyone has their 6 perks, that's just silly.

That's about all I can think of. Jumper rounds are a gimmie round, just like zombies as long as you stay ahead of the horde they can't catch you. No matter where you are on the map there is a way to utilize one of these two strategies.

Remember getting a free perk is not as important as staying a live in the game. Once you make up your mind here are the tips in short.

1. Run around trample steam and do a small circles around it.

2. Keep an eye from where they spawn and when they are approaching most times you are able to run right pass them and not get blocked.

3. Watch where you place your trample steam, i.e. do not face it where you can fall and die.

4. In solo there are no fool proof places to hide so if you are in your fav spot just put it in the center of room and run short circles.

5. In co-op there are several places to camp and cover yourself with trample steams, but you need at least 3 people and their trample steams when the round stars. On the roof there is a spot by table where you can camp. There is also a spot by semtexes where you can set up two trample steams on each side. or on the ramp by dragon. Other places are common so I wont mention it.

6. Best self defense is a bowie knife. Just wait until they are v close to you and sometimes get hit just knife them. Bowie has excellent swife distance compared to knuckles. So i will prefer that if you are battling minions.

7. Store lots of claymore in case you don't have a trample steam handy and use those in combination with your bowie if you see a horde of them charging towards you.

If you're a noob at it, I'd get a shotgun with Double Tap, like the Remington located in the sweatshop building. Let the minions come to you, then shoot them as they get to your feet. Once you feel as though you know how they attack, (and as previously stated before,) I highly recommend getting the Bowie/Galveknuckles. If you're playing solo, I usually get on the Roof around the bottom of the radio tower. Crouch, and let the minions come to you. They'll usually do a flip over you and attack you from behind, or just stand directly in front of you. They take a solid second before they actually swipe at you. Take a good look at its face, and then stab those ugly thangs until you get your free perk 8-)

On the roof there is a spot where they all jump over the same AC unit to get to the players under the Dragon.

You can place a Trample-steam a few feet in front of that AC unit (2nd from the navreader) and that will take care of 80% of the jumpers.

Hope that helps...

Although don't get too close the ac. I was there the other day while trying a minion round and one jumped in the ac unit. I knifed him with the Bowie knife about 8 times but it seems they become invincible if they get in the ac unit and it killed me.

Another death due to trying to get a free perk . . .

You probably already got enough help...

Solo (or mp) on roof: setting; get by the window next to the dragon ramp, face away from window: on your right is a grey cube. Set your trample steam between that and the 'wall' to your left, slightly left, facing straight out (in case you hit it, it is safe). The jumpers that come over the middle will land directly on it.

Drop claymores to the left, facing in to the mesh(?) area in the center.

Then just keep the ts between you and the jumpers coming from in front of you. If you get hit, run out, grab two clays, drop them and run straight down the lasers, the jerks will follow and die, run back for two more or set behind the ts again.

Running circles is a good tactic, but I don't recommend it without Jugg. The Jumpers can get quite a few hits in in a short amount of time, even while you're running and if you are focusing on tight circles, you run a bigger risk of getting downed.

It's safest to run a train of the jumpers away from your TS so you can put distance between them and you, then run back towards your TS and try to tightly turn around it, if you get the angle of your turn just right, you can lead an etire train of the jumpers into death, if not you'll reduce their numbers and just have to repeat. Though this method is slower than running a tight circle, it's much safer.

I loathe backing myself into a corner with or without other players just because I think it's stupid to eliminate any chance of escape.

With other players I always try to get them to put down 2 TS with a small space between them. This is the best strategy, I think, because we can now run a figure 8 shape/slalom around the 2 TS's. This causes each player to have more changes in direction than just running a circle and the change in direction is what makes the Jumpers die. Too many times I have gotten a stubborn Jumper that will follow me around my TS indefinitely taking cheap shots here and there...

[Edit]

Another important detail is the way I place my TS. I present the jumper path a wedge, not a flat side of the TS. This way, since the game only needs a small portion to trigger the TS, more omnidirectional space is covered with the active part of the TS. So, when you place your TS and envision your path around it, point it straight then rotate about 45 degrees and place.

another strategy i just started using is go to original box location. get a trample steam and go to the edge where the jumpers have to climb up. put the trample steam right behind you and get a single shot gun or a bowie/galva knuckle. most of the jumping jacks will come to the climp up spot and you can shoot them if you have a shottie or single shot gun or just knife them. its super easy to get 100% accuracy and if any denizen/jumper comes behind you it will probably land on the trample steam

From the situation you've given, here's another one you can try:

On the rooftop, a good spot where you can crouch is by the first drop off point closest to the semtex grenades. Crouch close to the edge but do not drop off. Face towards the direction of the semtex. Use your bowie so you get more points.

Solo, only two at a time come so it's easy. Mp, sometimes a bunch of them focus on one player. If it gets too much, hop off and make your way up the ramp and back to the spot.

If you get trapped:

By trapped, I mean they're pinning you against a wall or corner and you can't move. Instead of switching to claymores, I would suggest shooting instead. When you try dropping a claymore, they can hit you out of it (even with 12 claymores already down). Either set your claymores down at the start of the round, or set them down when the jumpers are too far away to hit you out of it.

As others suggested, you can set a TS down and run tight circles around it. I prefer using the knife for more points.

First off build the Trample steam and stay in the Trample steam room. If you're playing co-op, this is key because everyone can hold up in the corner to the left before you jump down going to the elevator shaft leading to the "AN94 room".

Now if somehow in co-op your teammates don't build the trample steam with you before the start of round 5. Head down to the AN94 room and grab it. Then buy the couch. And drop down in the Budda room and hold up there to the Minion round. Now, go to the first pole you can walk up after you jump down in the Budda room. If you have the AN94/PPW you should have no problem taking them out because it lines them up pretty damn good.

The rest of the Minion rounds, just have a trample steam with ya. And communicate well with your team and know how many rounds (4 or 5) it takes before the next Minion round in mind, so you can set up. If you're on the Roof it's pretty easy, just put it in the middle and run around it. It's effective to sprint around it as well.

NEVER and I mean never be in the power room or lower level of the power room when it's a minion round. I don't care how good you are it's a pain in the ass. :lol:

Although you've probably got enough suggestions here's a new method ( I think ).

1)Just go into any right angled corner. 2)Move forward very slightly. 3)Put Trample steam down. 4)Move back into corner and sit still (Unless a JJack gets past). 5)Collect perk, ammo and points

This pretty much always works for me and once I got the hang of it JJack rounds are a breeze , maybe even funny to watch , rather then the manic time they once were . The only things that can go wrong is placing the Trample Steam too close too the wall and getting flung or the trample steam randomly breaks