~EJ's Pro-Tips~ Need Some Advice?

Welcome to the Pro-Tip Thread! Here you can ask for whatever advice you wish, and our brilliant minds will bestow unto you your exact request, no matter how absurd or obscure!

Ladies, Gentlemen, and All-Powerful Omnipotent beings, there comes a time in all of our lives where we need a pro-tip. I'm sure we could all burrow way down into the depths of the various sub-forums, searching meticulously through every thread. Then, if we're lucky, we just might find that one precious hyper-specific scrap of information we do desperately desire. 

Well, I'm here to end that.

I would like to take this time to bring us together as a community, united in the pursuit of random little bits of far-fetched facts and trivial tricks. What I offer you here is the gateway... To eternity. 

Welcome to EJ's Pro-Tips.

Here's how it works.

If you ever need advice on everyone's favorite zombie-slaying mode of awesomeness, all you have to do is ask. You can ask for anything as straight-forward as "what are the locations of the 3 teddy bears on Moon?" to something more in-depth like "what is a good point starting strategy for die rise?" or "what is a good map for beginners to practice trains?" or something simple like "what are all of the effects of Deadshot Daiquiri?" the possibilities are endless.

Like I said before, we ALL need a little pro-tip now and again. Once you ask, myself, accompanied by any of you "good-deed do-ers" out there, will collaborate in the open chat to determine the best possible answer. 

Now again in English.

Ask whatever you want and we'll answer it. :mrgreen:

Every time an answer is given I will add it to the OP to form an awesome collaboration of knowledge, forged in hell-fire, by the most gifted minds of a generation. 

I am going to be dividing this thread into several main sections. Those sections are...

General Gameplay Pro-Tips

This is where general advice which covers several categories will go.

the O4 were introduced in Shi No Numa. In Verrückt there were 4 anonymous marines. However in the black ops version of Nacht Der Untoten and Verrückt the O4 were added with quotes taken from Shi No Numa and Der Riese.

It is better to have no splitscreen because it makes everything bigger and easier to see. 

Information Courtesy of vDeltaGamingv.

Feature-Specific Pro-Tips

This will hold Pro-Tips for specific features such as weapons, traps, perks, etc.

Turbine: All in beginning Bus Depot room

Airplane Fin- 

Under payphones

Manequin- 

Leaning against bus map chart in middle of room

Fan- 

In a chair close to the buildable table

Zombie Riot Shield: All at Diner between gas station/garage and Diner buildings

Appliance/Furniture Dolly- 

In the Diner either behind the bar or behind a booth

Car Door- 

In the garage either on the driver side of the lifted car, on a table near the entrance to where the car is lifted, or on a table in the bathroom of the garage

Machine Gun Turret: All parts at the farm in the farmhouse or scattered around the lawn

Ammo Pack/Bullet Box- 

In the farmhouse on the table with the TV, or on a bookshelf upstairs

Lawnmower- 

Outside the farmhouse by the exit near the fridge, sometimes in the shed by the tractor, accessible with a Turbine

Machine Gun- 

On the front porch of the farmhouse or leaning against a wall by the mystery box upstairs in the farmhouse

Power Switch: All parts within the power facility

Control Panel- 

Against barrels in first hallway, against clutter near Avaogadro spawn, in room with mystery box spawn on a control board

Zombie Hand- 

On the floor (hard to see) either before the first set of stairs a little to the right, after the second set of stairs a little to the right, or far down the right dead end path after the second set of stairs

Lever- 

Against clutter near Avogadro spawn or in the mystery box spawn room on a control board

Electric Trap: All parts within the power facility (near the lava pit and Tombstone Soda perk)

Probe Table- 

On floor next to buildable table or on top of barrells below the scaffolding near the lava pit

Car Battery- 

On barrels either just across the gap in the scaffolding or near the perk

Lens/Screen- 

Sitting in windows around the walls

Pack-a-Punch: All parts in PaP hallway below bank in Town

Table and Leg- 

On top of either the cages or the crates on pallet trucks 

Car Battery- 

On top of either the cages or the crates on pallet trucks

PaP Marquee/Sign- 

On the floor next to the crates or on top of the cages

Bus Parts: These parts show up in random locations, and which part is where can change from game to game, but the locations are as follows:

1) Outside the Bus Depot door accessed via Turbine

2) Within the utility shed by Diner accessed via Turbine

3) Within the tool shed at Farm accessed via Turbine

4) Within the book store in Town accessed via Turbine

There are only 3 parts:

1) Cow Plow

2) Ladder

3) Hatch Door

One of the 4 locations will not have a part, but again, this is random for each game.

*The hatch door part may also be used to access the Diner roof and purchase Galva-knuckles, but there is only one Hatch Door and the part may not be built twice.

is it true that you can get the Wunderwaffe from killing George before doing the Easter Egg if you currently have a Death Machine equipped?

Well I've never done this, but I know that if you pick up a normal death machine drop (not from George) while already holding a death machine, it just restarts the 30 second timer for using the power up. So I don't see why this would work. I'm going to have to say that this is false.

Also if you are holding the DG-2 and pick up a normal death machine you lose the DG-2, so watch out.

It is impossible to get all 8 perks at the same time on moon solo. However you can get all 8 perks in one life if you hack a perk machine. This takes the perk from you and gives you a refund. You can use this to trade out for other perks without having to go down to get rid of them. This allows you to get all 8 perks in one life, but still only have max 4 at a time. In multiplayer you CAN get all 4 perks simultaneously, but the only way is through the Easter egg.

Once the power is activated on Call of the Dead, the lighthouse will be lit up every few minutes it will begin spinning in circles very fast pointing all over the map, until it finally settles on a certain spot. Then just look up into the sky and follow the yellow beam of light to find it, like the mystery box.

You can access the roof of the bus without the parts in 3 locations; The power room, the bar, and the Juggernog room. If you time your jump just as the front of the bus comes even with you, you should land square in the middle. (Bar, you should probably try it a bit earlier if you haven't got much experience with it.)

Information Courtesy of Gamercrazy1. 

Leave a walker towards the end of round 1 and use the Quick Revive elevator to transport the parts to the table easily. 

Information is courtesy of Gamecrazy1.

Strategy-Specific Pro-Tips

This is for Pro-Tips related to actual gameplay strategies.

As soon as you have your long-term strategy for the game set up, hit the box until you get either a dragunov or an L96A1. The dragunov works better. Upgrade it and at the end of a round you can lure him to the pool beneath the MP40. Then just shoot for his upper chest / neck / head area. Don't go solely for headshots because if you miss it is a serious waste of ammo. Anyway, after using about half of the gun's reserve ammo he will die. It's amazingly powerful against him. If you want you can hang on to your sniper and repeat this process to get all 8 perks. 

Note that this is more effective than a scavenger because a single scavenger shot can kill 24 zombies, but a sniper can only kill 3. It is much more efficient to waste a sniper's ammo on George than the scavenger.

And don't forget to empty your weapon's ammo into him before upgrading it!

Alright, whatcha wanna do is get a Staeout and train around the "Defcon room" bottom floor, where you can easily escape in the elevator.

Have one of you get a Stakeout and run the train. Any other people stick near the elevator, have one watch the window in the elevator, one ready to buy the button, and one ready to kill stragglers from the train that come after you. If only 2 people, have him watch the window, and check for stragglers every chance he gets, and tell him when you need the elevator.

(Information Courtesy of vDeltaGamingv.)

In my experience, it's not too hard to have 2 (or more) people run the biodome simultaneously if you stick together. You can run to the ak74u or MP5k for ammo if necessary. Also, always make sure one person (preferably the better of the two) has the hacker and is ready to stop the excavators if they come (if you do the EE this isn't necessary since you won't need to cross back over the map for perks if you go down, but it can still block you off from the box and PaP so I'd hold on to the hacker either way).

Information Courtesy of Outcognito.

You're going to want your revival guy in the trample steam room training. Ideally he would be your best player because he needs to stand alone. Then have all 3 others in the area below. You know, where you sprint off and land on the mats. one trains in the first area, another below him through the collapsed floor, and the last in the mystery box room. Those 3 can revive eachother while the first guy survives on his own. Then if all 3 of the main group go down he can jump down and use the Krauss. This helps a lot because if he doesn't have time to trample steam up to the guy in the box room he can shoot him.

Or you can modify your strategy so that your revival guy could be on the roof near the dragon, then 1 guy near trample steam and 2 down below. That way if the revival guy goes down the guy in the trample steam room can fling over and get him, but the revivalist still has access to everyone else.

Their primary should NOT be the sliquifier. Any powerful enough weapon will do just fine. This could be a Galil or an LMG for example. A raygun works too. Think of it this way. There are zombie's between you and the person you need to revive. You do NOT need to kill them all. All you need is to get a few out of your way to give you time to swoop in with the Krauss. 

For perks, obviously Juggernog. Don't bother with quick revive because the Krauss does that anyway. Who's Who because they usually train alone. Then double-tap 2. Even if you're not using a bullet based primary (raygun) it helps you kill faster. Like I said you need to put yourself in a position where you can kill a single (or possibly a few) zombies as quickly as possible. And as your last speed cola is the best.

What you do in early rounds is most important to get a good game going. For a beginner i'd say that by round 6 he should have jug, a built trample steam, and galvaknuckles. He can train wherever, but as long as he uses the trample steam on boss rounds he will get free perks easily.

On round 3 ride the quick revive elevator (which always has power) up and down until the trample steam is built. Then jump down to the area below (with the hole on the ground) and hold off with a PDW until the boss round. (by now you should have at least 10,000 points.) Once you complete the boss round drop down the shaft and buy knuckles. Then rush through to the power and buy jug ASAP. 

From here you can head wherever you want. You don't need to train because the knuckles are still a one hit kill until roughly round 13. Before that time comes (rounds 7-12) you can go to the box or build a sliquifier or whatever.

What you are gonna want to do is get everyone on your team to buy a Bowie knife by round 5-6, or earlier if you manage it. Knife only for the first 2 rounds. Kill the first zombie of round 3 with 2 knives then 2 headshots. This will give you a power-up every time. Then use your ammo on the zombies to maximize points. Leave towards the box on round 4. Each use the box as few times as it takes to get a decent weapon. And by decent, I mean a CZ75 will do. Try only using the box once. Or you can buy an automatic off the wall if you are confident enough in your ability to use it effectively. Anyway use those weapons to hold off until you each have almost 4000 points. Buy through to the power and get Bowie knives. If you stay together and use the Bowie knives you will be at a minimum risk of downing, and will pull in points like crazy at 130 per kill. Do this until you can all afford jugg. You should all have it easily by round 8 or probably before. If uou continue using them after that until they are no longer one hit kills you should have enough for several box spins each, which will likely get you off to a great start. then you can just use whatever long term strategy you want.

Storyline / Easter Egg Pro-Tips

This section is for Pro-Tips about the general storyline and Easter Egg Steps.

Richtofen did not begin talking about spleens until Kino Der Toten.

Verrückt and Der Riese are the only WaW maps to have confirmed locations within Germany. Verrückt is set in the "Wittenau Sanitorum", and Der Riese is stated as being "Somewhere near Breslau".

I hope to see this thread get filled up soon! Advice would be greatly appreciated, such as ideas for new categories. 

Hope this thread will be of some help to newer members looking for some help! 

-EJ

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the power is activated on Call of the Dead, the lighthouse will be lit up every few minutes it will begin spinning in circles very fast pointing all over the map, until it finally settles on a certain spot. Then just look up into the sky and follow the yellow beam of light to find it, like the mystery box.

And no, the O4 were introduced in Shi No Numa. In Verrückt there were 4 anonymous marines. However in the black ops version of Nacht Der Untoten and Verrückt the O4 were added with quotes taken from Shi No Numa and Der Riese.

Ahh I'm likin' this a lot.

Which is a better four man strategy for higher rounds at Five? Camping or training? Where/how?

Me and my friends have every map down on our own, but we've never been in the groove at Five.

Alright, whatcha wanna do is get a Stakeout and train around the "Defcon room" bottom floor, where you can easily escape in the elevator.

Have one of you get a Stakeout and run the train. Any other people stick near the elevator, have one watch the window in the elevator, one ready to buy the button, and one ready to kill stragglers from the train that come after you. If only 2 people, have him watch the window, and check for stragglers every chance he gets, and tell him when you need the elevator.

Always keep Defcon 4 ready, and have the last switch where the guy running the train can get easily (IE: Next to Mule Kick or the large elevator.)

For Thief rounds, have whoever is being chased run in one direction around the upper level of the Defcon room, with the other three standing out of the way, but shooting at him.

This usually gets me and my friends into the early 30's, where we get bored and quit.

Moon (2 players) is the only map I seem to not be able to get past round 15 on. Hell, I think my highest round is actually only 9. (2 players still, my solo is like 25~). I need a 2 player strategy for Moon please, also, I'm the better player out of us 2 if it helps you decide to tell me where to go, and tell my friend where to go.

Moon (2 players) is the only map I seem to not be able to get past round 15 on. Hell, I think my highest round is actually only 9. (2 players still, my solo is like 25~). I need a 2 player strategy for Moon please, also, I'm the better player out of us 2 if it helps you decide to tell me where to go, and tell my friend where to go.

In my experience, it's not too hard to have 2 (or more) people run the biodome simultaneously if you stick together. You can run to the ak74u or MP5k for ammo if necessary. Also, always make sure one person (preferably the better of the two) has the hacker and is ready to stop the excavators if they come (if you do the EE this isn't necessary since you won't need to cross back over the map for perks if you go down, but it can still block you off from the box and PaP so I'd hold on to the hacker either way).

FML. I spent about an hour writing out a really detailed Moon guide to replace mine above and when I hit the submit button it turned out my session had ended and it returned me to the post writing page with it blank. I hate my life.

Lol that sucks. Happened to me before too. Now I always copy/paste a long message before I submit it. :lol:

How about a storyline/EE and map-specific sections?

Anyway, a quick tip for tranzit. You can access the roof of the bus without the parts in 3 locations; The power room, the bar, and the Juggernog room. If you time your jump just as the front of the bus comes even with you, you should land square in the middle. (Bar, you should probably try it a bit earlier if you haven't got much experience with it.)

EDIT: Oh right, almost forgot... When did our old pal Eddy first develop his love of spleens? Think it was Kino, but not sure :/

One person runs a circle around the Claymore rock. The more experienced player runs a long oval down the huge pathway that leads to the airlock right outside the teleporter.

One person runs a circle around the Claymore rock. The more experienced player runs a long oval down the huge pathway that leads to the airlock right outside the teleporter.

when i played with multiple people in the biodome, the more experienced player usually ran by the entrance to the labs. this guy tended to get a lot more kills then the others, but has to deal with the astronaut.

Richtofen has always talked about gruesome medical procedures and such, but he never mentioned spleens until Kino Der Toten.

Thanks, EJ! A tip for your troubles: Verruckt and Der Riese are the only WaW maps to have confirmed locations within Germany. Verruckt is set in the "Wittenau Sanitorum", and Der Riese is stated as being "Somewhere near Breslau".

Anybody got a suggestion for a medic setup on Die Rise? Not much scope of use for the Krauss. And if so, where is the best area to be so as i'm available to people in all areas?

You're going to want your revival guy in the trample steam room training. Ideally he would be your best player because he needs to stand alone. Then have all 3 others in the area below. You know, where you sprint off and land on the mats. one trains in the first area, another below him through the collapsed floor, and the last in the mystery box room. Those 3 can revive eachother while the first guy survives on his own. Then if all 3 of the main group go down he can jump down and use the Krauss. This helps a lot because if he doesn't have time to trample steam up to the guy in the box room he can shoot him.

Edit: or your revival guy could be on the roof near the dragon, then 1 guy near trample steam and 2 down below. That way if the revival guy goes down the guy in the trample steam room can fling over and get him, but he still has access to everyone else.

Suggested primrary weapon and perk loadout?

For the revival person?

Their primary should NOT be the sliquifier. Any powerful enough weapon will do just fine. This could be a Galil or an LMG for example. A raygun works too. Think of it this way. There are zombie's between you and the person you need to revive. You do NOT need to kill them all. All you need is to get a few out of your way to give you time to swoop in with the Krauss.

For perks, obviously Juggernog. Don't bother with quick revive because the Krauss does that anyway. Who's Who because they usually train alone. Then double-tap 2. Even if you're not using a bullet based primary (raygun) it helps you kill faster. Like I said you need to put yourself in a position where you can kill a single (or possibly a few) zombies as quickly as possible. And as your last speed cola is the best.

For the revival person?

Thanks again :) Btw, you in search of any particular tips?