Spice Up Zombie Gameplay: Add-ons/ideas

While smashing thousands of zombies on Die Rise yesterday, my fellow zombie slayers and I were aimed down our respective scopes at the endless waves of the undead barrelling our way.

A few times we noticed (how can you not) the green mist or sparks accompanied by that subtle noise indicating that you're shooting them in the face.

:o "That was beautiful!" I exclaimed, and someone agreed. :P

So, I suggested that Treyarch add some stuff that is A)More visually stunning B)Takes away from the monotony of running trains/aiming and shooting and C)Lets the players know if they are performing well or not.

Possibly have a narrator/voice that informs you that you're kicking ass?

Maybe something similar to Halo's killstreaks?! I don't even like Halo, but when you hear that dude say "Triple Kill" or whatever, it's pretty awesome.

Maybe some ppl would say "That's not like OG Zombies, not for me."

Toggle on/off?

Any of you guys think that sort of thing would be cool? I'd like to hear your ideas and see some put into future maps.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OG Zombies, to me, IS that arcade style of play with announcers yelling out stuff like, "Insta Kill!" and "Fire Sale!", so I like this idea.

I'm actually more fond of NTZ in BO:2 just because of the nostalgia that it brings. Though the quests are cool and interesting, there's a special place in my heart for just straight up survival with demonic announcers and yes they could say more.

I think a berserker power up would be cool. It would be like a gift from the announcer for getting a heashot streak, grenade streak, killing so many zombies in a short amount of time, or just kicking ass altogether like a good escape or reviving a teammate and quickly dispatching a horde, etc.. Once the player gets the berserker, their whole game perception should change. Screen goes red and gore is doubled, the zombies flee from the player, guns go away and are replaced with fists, the player is immune to hits, but has to chase zombies down and when they hit the right or left trigger the respective fists fly through the air and cut through the zombies.

Yes, Eternal. That's what I'm talking about!

Just some NEW things or abilities. I mean, the zombies have been gaining more and more abilities and we haven't. Give the players some new skills. The Trample steam is great, but how about some more!

Rewards for good play is what I really meant by that first post. Show us some love, Treyarch!

Let's be honest, though. If they can't make the servers hold up for us,are they really going to work on this sort of thing?! :roll:

One thing I had on my mind the last few days is to have a separate buildable table for Attachments. Instead of the PaP giving you random ones, why not create a table that allows you to upgrade your guns. Like you can choose to get a sight or scope if you prefer them? Or the grips, stocks, long barrels, etc. And when you PaP a gun with those attachments it enhances as well? I don't know. Something to think about.

I wouldn't mind seeing them allow you to have options to PaP different things, like for example:

(Xbox)

X- 1st gun PaP

B- 2nd gun PaP

Y- Grenades

A- Secondary Grenades

RB- Knife/Bowie Knife/Gava Nuckles

I don't know. Could be Irritating, shuffling through the options. Just something to think about. Enhance the game in a different way?

Let talk realism a tiny bit.

Get rid of Trains! I know people thrive on it. But it's to damn easy for people to get to higher rounds. I count it as the biggest exploit in the game. Where's the challenge?

Have a toggle ability to shove off zombies. You know how many times you get stuck, and it's almost impossible to get out!? Well when it happens, you have a chance to get out of that situation! Instead of shooting for your life and praying, you have the opportunity to squeeze your way out of it.

One last thing I want to mention is; how about hiding from zombies? What if you could Crouch and they had a hard time hearing your foot steps? Like walk in the other direction so you can avoid them to go make a run to the box and get ammo for instance.

Adding onto the Buildable Attachment table idea. How about making silencers relevant? For example, what if the group is spread out and you're using a silencer. It would allow less zombies to come in your area!

I'd think zombies would be a whole lot better with these things. But it's only my opinion, it doesn't have to be perfect.

One last thing I want to mention is; how about hiding from zombies? What if you could Crouch and they had a hard time hearing your foot steps? Like walk in the other direction so you can avoid them to go make a run to the box and get ammo for instance.

Stealth slayers. I love this idea. Bugs me why a Suppressor is a PaP attachment at this point, but if stealth slaying were a reality it would come in handy. Not to mention, we'd open up all kinds of new tactics and perks!!!

Now that I think about it, that's really the only thing missing from Zombies...Stealth slaughter. Now I want to silently sneak up on zombies and cut off their head, or jam some semtex in their maw. Giggidy.

Lol and isn't the suppressor on a sniper? Makes no sense..

Maybe they could add another way to swing your knifes at zombies? Like a stab rather than a slash, or straight up through the neck!

I think it would be cool if you could stab a zombie, and then push the zombie at them shoving them back a bit. Getting time to take out your gun and kill them.

Well back in WaW and Black Ops, we pretty much had that Halo-y with the whole demonic "INSTA-KILL!" and such. Richtofen's voice now is just... meh.

However, I'd love to see your ideas on the new visuals and in-game performance tracker. I hate it when I leave a game to see I've down ranked even if I thought I had done ok. Plus, returning to No Man's Land after completing Moon had the visuals all neony and colorful. It was fantastic for slayin'.

Get rid of Trains! I know people thrive on it. But it's to damn easy for people to get to higher rounds. I count it as the biggest exploit in the game. Where's the challenge?

Not gonna happen. Zombie players like trains and Treyarch knows it. Besides, eve i you make the map extremely close quarters so that people can't train in one room they'll find a way to train around the map (e.g. Verruckt, Shangri-La.)

Not gonna happen. Zombie players like trains and Treyarch knows it. Besides, eve i you make the map extremely close quarters so that people can't train in one room they'll find a way to train around the map (e.g. Verruckt, Shangri-La.)

I know it won't happen.

Not even making the maps closed quarters. Just spread out the Zombies when the player is running. The only reason I hate it is because the Zombies morph inside eachother.. Kinda like a glitch. Makes it to easy to take out Zombies in a couple bullets.

Honestly if they nerfed trains, I bet this game would be a hell of a lot better. People will get over it. And actually make people work for those high rounds instead of watching the boring hours/days where people train and get to round 100. Leaving me a decent player, thinking "I'm not impressed". Tbh I never even heard of training until I played Black Ops 2. And I started out playing in WaW(best call of duty game imo) and could never let that controller without this kinda thing, and had a blast. But haha that's just me. If it's in the game by all means use it to your advantage.

Tbh I never even heard of training until I played Black Ops 2. And I started out playing in WaW

That's pretty surprising considering it started in Shi No Numa. Of course, it didn't become a big thing until Black Ops 1, but even on Kino it wasn't that hard to find somebody running a train on the stage.

As for trains being too easy, it really just depends on the map. Ascension was easy because there were so many great, wide open training spots. Training on a map like Verrückt takes skill and practice.

I would just love a zombies map to contain variety and an element of surprise everytime you play. What would be different would be if they have a concept similar to borderlands 1's Mad moxxis (Or Maxis...get it ;)) Underdome where every 5 rounds a new random-ifier pops up I.E Zombies have double health, All bullets are tipped with dragons breath ect. . If you're confused to what I mean look up a let's play on it.

They have a "special zombies round" and the random box so it's not as if they don't have the technology, I just feel Zombies after a while gets tedious and boring... it would certainly "spice" things up.

I would love a stalker zombie or a weeping angel zombie...

A stalker zombie would constantly hide from a players sight and scare the livi hell out of a player who is coming around a corner! Brilliant!

And a weeping angel zombie is a zombie that can fallow the player as long as the CLOSEST player is not looking at it... If he looks at him, he freezes and his defence goes way up! But he can't hurt you...

I would love a stalker zombie or a weeping angel zombie...

A stalker zombie would constantly hide from a players sight and scare the livi hell out of a player who is coming around a corner! Brilliant!

And a weeping angel zombie is a zombie that can fallow the player as long as the CLOSEST player is not looking at it... If he looks at him, he freezes and his defence goes way up! But he can't hurt you...

Yess a stalker zombie would be brilliant.. You walk, turn the corner and blam! Zombie in your face and it makes you delay your gun animation or something.

The weeping zombie. Wasn't there one in Left 4 Dead? I haven't played that game in ages.

Oh, the zombie isn't actually weeping.. See the weeping angels from doctor who are what is known as "Quantum locked" meaning once they're seen, they become stone... Very interesting stuff.. Look it up... Very progitave..

Wow that is quite interesting.. my first comparison is medusa.. but that's a completely different type of thing.

So would that make them (weeping angels) a diversion or just a scare tactic to insert into a map?

Oh, the zombie isn't actually weeping.. See the weeping angels from doctor who are what is known as "Quantum locked" meaning once they're seen, they become stone... Very interesting stuff.. Look it up... Very progitave..

Wow that is quite interesting.. my first comparison is medusa.. but that's a completely different type of thing.

So would that make them (weeping angels) a diversion or just a scare tactic to insert into a map?

Both... Why yes it would be scary as hell to be pack a punching only to turn around to find a zombie, frozen by your gaze, it may as well also be a diversion, like say, the weeping angels work like a causmonaut and teleport you to another area of the map (Minus 1 perk) when your grabbed... 4 spawn in different areas of the map...

The way to TRUELY diffuse a weeping angel, is to have one statue look at another.. So if one team mate got one of the four to fallow him down one side of a hall and the other to fallow him down another, the two W-A-Zombies could look at each other and permanently freeze themselves... Acheivement Unlocked: DONT BLINK! 5Gs... Where as otherwise they could REALLY get in your way of training and cause many problems...

Both... Why yes it would be scary as hell to be pack a punching only to turn around to find a zombie, frozen by your gaze, it may as well also be a diversion, like say, the weeping angels work like a causmonaut and teleport you to another area of the map (Minus 1 perk) when your grabbed... 4 spawn in different areas of the map...

The way to TRUELY diffuse a weeping angel, is to have one statue look at another.. So if one team mate got one of the four to fallow him down one side of a hall and the other to fallow him down another, the two W-A-Zombies could look at each other and permanently freeze themselves... Acheivement Unlocked: DONT BLINK! 5Gs... Where as otherwise they could REALLY get in your way of training and cause many problems...

That is a great idea.

What if you buy pack a punch, and say one time the pack a punch doesn't work? Like at random, and you hear nothing for a couple seconds. Then you start to hear a screaming lady then it starts to pop up in front of you, like transporting around and stuff. And you'd have to avoid seeing her face/eyes. I think it would add an element to the game because you'd have to turn your player in an awkward position to avoid her. While trying to avoid the zombies. Then if you see the lady you get frozen and it takes away your life.(maybe takes 5 seconds to get you down?)Then you'd have to have a teammate kill her for you to get out of it. Maybe the only way to kill her is with a grenade? Semtex would then become a little more useful.

Oh this is great!

Let's say it's triggered by perk machines... Not every perk machine but SOMETIMES! (Pap as well)

(solo for best effect)

"Reach for juggernog toniaaaaaaa..... " ------? What the heck is... SCRREEEEAAACCCHH (Purhpas the songbird jingle from bioshock infinite will play) Then a shadow flashes on a wall... Of a hunched-over evil looking girl... Now you run... As you run, the shadow keeps appearing on the walls getting closer and closer... And if you dare make a 180 turn... You see HER! Now your stuck... You can't run, you can't look away... All you can do is BEG god you have the resourses nessisary to kill this b-t¢#... If you do, kill it without looking away and move on... If not.., youll have to run... Because if you A:get too close... It will scratch all over you constantly, making so up you can't control your player... Then It starts biting you... Three bites and it takes away your least valuable perk... Leaving you in red screen, with or without jug... Then it just stands there... And returns to stone... If you look away, things get a HELLA lot worce... It will fallow you at blinding speeds, pray your visual is fast enough to keep up with it... For if you turn away and it manages to grab you... Your dead... Visious mauling to peices...

In co op... Something similar would happen:

A player would buy a perk and similar effects would occur... Shadows on walls... But this time, players who didn't buy the perk can assist in taking down the monster... They can't physically harm it.. But they can keep track of where it is and where it's trying to find you... If you see the creature by accident, it will freeze and your teammates can then open fire at it! It has about the same amount of health as a napalm zombie...

That would freak me all kinds of the fudge out!

Oh this is great!

Let's say it's triggered by perk machines... Not every perk machine but SOMETIMES! (Pap as well)

(solo for best effect)

"Reach for juggernog toniaaaaaaa..... " ------? What the heck is... SCRREEEEAAACCCHH (Purhpas the songbird jingle from bioshock infinite will play) Then a shadow flashes on a wall... Of a hunched-over evil looking girl... Now you run... As you run, the shadow keeps appearing on the walls getting closer and closer... And if you dare make a 180 turn... You see HER! Now your stuck... You can't run, you can't look away... All you can do is BEG god you have the resourses nessisary to kill this b-t¢#... If you do, kill it without looking away and move on... If not.., youll have to run... Because if you A:get too close... It will scratch all over you constantly, making so up you can't control your player... Then It starts biting you... Three bites and it takes away your least valuable perk... Leaving you in red screen, with or without jug... Then it just stands there... And returns to stone... If you look away, things get a HELLA lot worce... It will fallow you at blinding speeds, pray your visual is fast enough to keep up with it... For if you turn away and it manages to grab you... Your dead... Visious mauling to peices...

In co op... Something similar would happen:

A player would buy a perk and similar effects would occur... Shadows on walls... But this time, players who didn't buy the perk can assist in taking down the monster... They can't physically harm it.. But they can keep track of where it is and where it's trying to find you... If you see the creature by accident, it will freeze and your teammates can then open fire at it! It has about the same amount of health as a napalm zombie...

That would freak me all kinds of the fudge out!

Hahaha what a great picture to put in my mind. :twisted:

I think kiting/trains are a good survival tactic, but it's so much more fun and gratifying to get some badass weapons and systematically smash zombies.

I actually prefer to hold down one spot with my team. It seems to be the best way to get far and help each other out.

Loving the great ideas I see above, everyone. Now, if only a few of these wonderful ideas were somehow implemented into our favorite game... 3arc.. you bastards.