Deadshot 2.0

Deadshot isn't all our favorite perks, as it didn't do much... Now there isn't even that big of a chance it will return with perma-deadshot... So how can we get this perk back? Easy: We upgrade it!

Here's what I purpose: Now instead of deadshot only making you aim for the head, it will also take pistols, shotguns,riffles and MGs and place them over your character's left arm, a bit like a tactical knife,and causing three more effects:

1: It will cause for less recoil (something all lmgs need now with the nerfing...).

2: Will make aiming in a lot faster.

3: It will allow a player to continue to sprint (as well as walk) while aiming in, allowing for increased mobility!

Note: RPGs ballistic knives, and snipers will all share the less recoil, sprinting while aiming, and aiming speed increase, but will not hold the weapon over their left hand... As it would be ridiculous to do that with an RPG, war machine, or sniper, and ballistic knives already require 2 hands...

I hope you all enjoy this perk idea!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you... I tried to get a video of the way I'd imagine the holding of weapons, but sadly the only thing close I could find is this scene from Arkham city..

XTa2Z1hhHt4

If you skip to 1:00, the point where penguin uses his shotgun-umbrella to drop the titan cage, thats CLOSE to how I imagine the gun being held... :D

Alright I'll try to give you the BEST visualization that I can...

Get a gun (or a stick, Probobly a stick it will cause less damage), and hold it NORMALY (no aim) and (assume its the AI-74u) quickly pull up to scope and fire... It takes about 1.4 seconds to do this (give or take).. Now if you take your left hand and place it Beneith the gun and rest it on your wrist, now aim your stick-gun, it SHOULD be easier to pull up, also you'll find yourself able to aim on a pivot less then just wildly... Now, aim NORMALY while running... See you just can't seem to focus your fire power as keen as if you rest it on your left wrist.... Try that... It should allow stedier aim while movement (given it stays on the wrist)

Basicly the perk gives you a kind of non-existing bracelet or cuff arround your wrist that holds your weapon firmly against it! When firing the bracelet reduces recoil and keeps the weapon steady, even while moving!

Hope that helped! If it didn't, I'm sorry I can't make it any more clear then that...

No duel wielding btw...

I love the ideas, but I feel like there might be a simpler / more realistic way to implement them than attaching it to your arm. They'd need all new animations and everything. Most perks don't have any logical explanation; they just do random magical stuff. Like PhD flopper for instance. They never say that a chemical reaction causes discharges of energy in response to large amounts of force / friction. No. With no explanation whatsoever you dive and blow up.

Why would we need something logical like an arm brace? Couldn't it just DO STUFF?

Just saying.

Because that's Boreing! A lazer sight? Who wants to waist a perk slot on that? If deadshot 2.0 worked the way I described it, it could have an attachment counterpart on multiplayer... The new attachment could be the "new multiplayer weapon"...

Look, if it just added a lazer site, it would just be SSSSOOOOO Boreing...

my idea for a deadshot 2.0 was that it would increase the damage that headshots did similar to DBT2,0 but just for heads, and make it so guns shot in a straight line rather than going all over the place, and make it so it has no kick. in addition to the effects it originally had.

Some people would argue that this is overpowered but honestly, its not that powerful and some would still say its a waste of money. what are your thoughts?

all is well with your ideas on 2.0. i like very much. i have loved this perk on COTD. if all was added but running while scoped. and you dont use your rist to balance a weapon while scoped. you use your hand. So loglicly this bounes that you want could in fact be if any gun possable that you packapunch 2wice, you automactily get a grip and reflex :D or a grip and fmj, or a grip and slect fire. ? :D ya mean?

• 1 month later...

A perk wouldn't work in a way where an attachment magically appears on your gun.

I agree it should also let you aim faster and move faster like the stock does.

Im not saying it would magically appear. im saying if you have deadshot as one of your perks, and you packapuch a gun for the attachments, it would auto give you a grip + a random attachment. a grip or a stock would be awesome.