Classic Maps 2.0

So I was thinking the other day as cool as it would be to have ALL available maps into one central game, I certainly do not feel like purchasing the same old maps for like the 5th time now.... So, what if instead, they introduced the classic maps (WaW to Blops), Blops 2 style? Obviously it would mainly be just for fun, but I think it would be pretty cool if they did a Tranzit style mash up for a WaW and Blops "map pack". Have the "Main" mode where you can relive all of the zombies maps in one go by having the ability to teleport between sections of each of the maps, or, play it the way you remember it and play each map individually on Survival. Hell, spice things up and see how well a Grief match would work out. Split in teams of 4 on Verruckt? F*ck yes! How about some serious close quarters "Turned" on NDU? Just a completely Blops 2 remastered classic bundle in two separate packs; The WaW bundle, and the Blops bundle. Tune up the old maps we know and love to fit some of Blops 2 new modes and just have fun with zombies in familar settings we remember most. I would definitely be willing to purchase something like that instead myself. ;)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly... I've played the WoW maps to death. I would love them as Grief maps, but I think it would make more sense that they release the best of the Black Ops 1 maps.

That includes Kino der Toten, Moon, Ascension, Call of the Dead and maybe just Der Rise along that. I would definitely want to see Call of the Dead on BO2 engine.

Frankly... I've played the WoW maps to death. I would love them as Grief maps, but I think it would make more sense that they release the best of the Black Ops 1 maps.

That includes Kino der Toten, Moon, Ascension, Call of the Dead and maybe just Der Rise along that. I would definitely want to see Call of the Dead on BO2 engine.

Oh dear god! Wtf?!? Is it die rise or der reise? I can't judge the typo!!!! Lol...

But for the best maps returning? Nah... Think about it they'd either be the exact same maps without the Easter eggs, or the same maps and nothing else because trayarch would be working their butts off re-building the Easter eggs from the previous maps...

What I would like 3Arc to do with the Classic maps is make a "Tranzit" like mode with the old maps and have the mode of transportation be teleporters.

Imagine being able to teleport from Kino to Der Reise to Moon and then to Five after STARTING in NML (basically any map with a teleporter)

The reason I say "Tranzit" style is so the maps could be broken down into their original parts in separate survival/Grief/Turned/Whatever modes significantly raising the map options for us.

The core map though would have it's own easter egg and Navcard reader and unique boss rounds.

Of course the O4 should make their debut on this map :)

I understand how hard that may be to pull off on technical level, but man that would be awesome

If they don't go that route then they should only bring over a few and completely change them.

IE; New areas, new wall weapons, bosses, add stuff that wasn't in the originals and take out stuff that was...

To me the most disappointing aspect of the Blops1 Classic ports was the lack of any change to the gameplay and level design.

What I would like 3Arc to do with the Classic maps is make a "Tranzit" like mode with the old maps and have the mode of transportation be teleporters.

Imagine being able to teleport from Kino to Der Reise to Moon and then to Five after STARTING in NML (basically any map with a teleporter)

The reason I say "Tranzit" style is so the maps could be broken down into their original parts in separate survival/Grief/Turned/Whatever modes significantly raising the map options for us.

The core map though would have it's own easter egg and Navcard reader and unique boss rounds.

I understand how hard that may be to pull off on technical level, but man that would be awesome

If they don't go that route then they should only bring over a few and completely change them.

IE; New areas, new wall weapons, bosses, add stuff that wasn't in the originals and take out stuff that was...

To me the most disappointing aspect of the Blops1 Classic ports was the lack of any change to the gameplay and level design.

\

gameplay is quite different except for der riee,only 24 a round in waw :)

But the same basic strategies still apply if you played Der Riese in W@W then you know just what to expect on Blops1.

Same with every other map.

Now, what if the remake map had the catwalk broken down, the bridge blocked and Maxis' office opened up with a few other differences, then its a whole new ball game.

Same thing open up the courtyards in Nacht and Veruct, add PaP and perks etc...

But the same basic strategies still apply if you played Der Riese in W@W then you know just what to expect on Blops1.

Same with every other map.

Now, what if the remake map had the catwalk broken down, the bridge blocked and Maxis' office opened up with a few other differences, then its a whole new ball game.

Same thing open up the courtyards in Nacht and Veruct, add PaP and perks etc...

hmm that would be cool,id like it if there was a hole in the catwalk you had to jump to hit the box there,also the nridge broken would be cool :)

• Moderators

+1

It kinda reminds me of the idea of having every single GTA city in one GTA game.

Too good to be true.

But if it could work I would love that. :3

Especially starting on NML. ^.^

That is the best idea I've heard in a while! I MAY make a map prediction about that... Is that ok with you all?

That is the best idea I've heard in a while! I MAY make a map prediction about that... Is that ok with you all?

please do