"Randoms"

I think that's what you call 'em, right? Randoms. Where you search for a game over matchmaking, having no idea who you'll get paired up with. Most pro slayers that I know of tend to stick with just a few friends of theirs and play until they get to the higher rounds.

I don't quite have that privilege, so instead I pair up with randoms. Sure, you don't know the guys, and sometimes they get downed often. Sometimes they can even mess up the game. But don't you like that challenge? I enjoy playing with randoms because I have no idea how well the players are going to perform (aside from whatever the leaderboards can tell me). I could jump in with somebody who's playing a map for the first time, or I could join a match with a guy that can hold his own and then some.

I guess what I'm getting at is, why don't you guys like randoms? Or, why do you guys prefer to play with randoms? I like the challenge and mystery associated with playing games with people that I have no idea about. Then again, I've only ever played with randoms (and some split-screen, but my friend is quick to get bored and he starts trying to find ways to down me), so I don't have a full opinion.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not enjoy playing with Randumbs one bit. It wasn't so bad in black ops 1 but in this where if someone leaves there goes your round leaderboard its not even fun.

Oh what's that you've gone down 10+ times before round 7 and its my fault? Yes this actually happened before, the kid had 17 downs at round 4 and he was blaming the rest of us. He claimed "Man I got round 60+ on ascension in black ops 1". If he got to round 60 he was being carried and probably had close to 100 downs or more.

In the end, the kid quit at round 14 with 42 downs.

I will admit there are very very very rare instances where you get a random instead of a randumb, but most of the time its a randumb.

I don't play with randoms unless I'm doing some harmless silent trolling, or going for a lot of revives.

If I was 10 years younger and had more time, I would for sure. My time is limited and so I only play with a very small group of friends. Don't want to waste the time I have playing pointless games.

Playing with randoms can be frustrating - but thats what to expect if theres

-no communication

-a lack of respect for the team

-general unfairness when it comes to the box and doors etc

But like others have said, i play with randoms for shits and giggles.

Got a game the other day with 2 downs and 60 revives (thinking of uploading a montage) and was very surprised none of them left the game.

Normally comes wave 10 -16 ive picked you up every time you've gone down - but you're gonna quit anyway! so frustrating.

But i have made some good friends and met some good players playing with randoms too - its pot luck when you find a lobby i guess.

I love playing with randoms, personally that is what gives zombies its' uniqueness! You never know who you are going to get from one game to another, some games will be small and others will be huge, you can never tell which is what I LOVE about playing with randomly chosen players. Some will/won't revive, some will die etc.

It also gives a great challenge to the game, no one game is ever the same whereas if you play with friends then I can imagine it would get very same-y after a while + I don't have the time to connect to other people, I'll just hop into an online game, see what happens then stop. I'm lucky if I can get any sort of game in ATM :roll: At least Easter holidays is coming up, I'll do some extra work then ULTIMATE ZOMBIE SLAYING WEEK! :D

my team doesnt have a regular 4th yet so we play 4p with randoms a lot.

we do a short, quick, screening with randoms.

do they have a mic? no, new lobby.

do they have a mic? yes, are they talking and seem ok? no, new lobby.

do they have a mic? yes, are they talking and seem ok? YES, ok let's go.

"seem ok" we define as like, a normal person, not a screaming kid who thinks they are awesome, not someone that sounds drunk, not someone cursing or yelling, etc....a normal person.

also we will tell them we will take them to round 50 in they hang in (lol), in a attempt to screen out the rage quitter/non-serious players.

sounds like a lot but i usually do the talking and it takes like 6 seconds, 10 tops to figure out "who" that random is...

lastly, it's never fool proof lol.