Storyline Timeline Issue (Maxis?)

ETEl2NAL407

I'm only a novice with the knowledge and grasp of the storyline, but I am understanding that there seems to be a cult, "The Flesh" where Stuhlinger hails. This bit of info combined with things showing up in GLF, like the Chinese sign that translates to "International Zombies Center", causes me to believe there is some history on this Earth of human living with Zombies.

From what I understand, Richtofen gained control of the Zombies on Earth since Moon, so my question is: Where does Maxis fit in?

If BO:2 is set some time in the future from the events on Moon, which based off the clues that lead me to believe there is a substantial amount of time that Earth has been dealing with the Zombies, why are Richtofen and Maxis just NOW starting to interfere?

What has transpired between these two "demi-gods"? Is there just something special about Stu and our N4 and our two "demi-gods" are battling for this target of opportunity?

If Maxis launched the rockets to try and destroy the Earth that Richtofen had inherited control of the Zombies with, why doesn't he just continue this trend? Why enlist help from anyone? ...And why does Richtofen need any further assistance?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Maxis is actually in the form of an AI right now, so he really can't do much of whatever he is trying to accomplish on his own. That is why we can only hear him via electrical device, so I wouldn't necessarily call him a demi-god. There has always been conflict between Maxis and Richtofen, considering Richtofen attempted to kill Maxis and Samantha by locking them in a room with Fluffy, the first hellhound, at Der Riese, then stole the omnipotent power Samantha had in the Aether. My guess is Maxis is trying to accomplish something more than kill the zombies and take the power away from Richtofen right now, taking into consideration that he hasn't asked us to launch more missiles. Perhaps he plans on stealing the power, or maybe getting Samantha's soul back into the Aether? We have no way of actually knowing yet. One thing we can infer is that we are being asked to power the towers from the two simply because they cannot accomplish the task on their own. Maxis can only do stuff at Moon and communicate on the Earth through electrical devices, and Richtofen can only control the zombies, presumably with one command; Consume all that opposes. So, they call on our N4 to do the tasks for them. Why not the O4? Who knows. Maybe they're dead, maybe they are already helping Maxis, maybe neither.

Also, as per why it happens later after the missiles hit, we actually have no way of knowing how long it's been. Perhaps they were in the shelter we see around Green Run when the missiles hit, and came out directly after. One thing we can know is that our N4 are not the first to be contacted by Richtofen/Maxis. The Green Run TV audio sounds like the people at Jackass Flats were contacted, too. We can actually see the tower that was supposed to be powered in the distance at Nuketown. Maybe it was just the location of the N4, maybe there are other groups like them. Again, we have no way of knowing yet. All of these questions are only answered by theory and ideas. Good questions though, friend! :)

Before the events of Moon the U.S., Russian and German amd apparently the chinese governments were all aware of zombies. The germans were harvesting 115 first, but the U.S. quickly began its own recon and recovery of tech and 115 to begin its own advanced teleportation, weaponry, energy, and super solidar programs. This is hinted at in the map "Five" in BO when the Castro and kennedy are negotiating terms and suddenly a zombie outbreak happens. Notice none of them (in the intro scene) panic for one second. In fact they press a button and a wall of very big guns flips around and they arm themselves. We can come to the conclusion that yes, they were aware of the zombies and the possibility that an outbreak could occur at the facility and were prepared. Aside from that initial judgement we see advanced teleporters that are superior to the german's MTDs. I say advanced because they are able to be left on with no recharge time and zombies can travel through them too.

Maxis destroyed the earth to try and limit the power that Richtofen might hold and wield against humanity. As we get more Maxis journal updates through the online screen, I honestly believe 100% that it will detail his own plans to stop Richtofen as he can clearly see that Richtofen is losing all loyalty to his superiors and his government and is becoming a mad scientist. The entire earth wasnt meant to be destroyed, but only damage key locations. i can't say what he was actually aiming for though. If we look at the destroyed earth map it seems to me that there are a few locations where the lava and cracks are bigger and worse and perhaps where they all hit.

• 1 month later...

Do we know exactly when the zombies actually took over the earth? I was always under the impression that pre-Black Ops II maps were all localized outbreaks. If this is the case, what caused the outbreak to go worldwide between Moon and TranZit? The rockets weren't infused with 115, where they?

Depending on the answers to these questions (I'm admittedly no expert on the storyline, though I am familiar with it), I kind of had a wild theory.

What if the origin of the 155 meteors is... Earth itself? Let me explain... with MotD we are given an entirely new source/controller of zombies; Lucifer. So let's say Maxis launching the rockets caused an apocalypse in quite a biblical sense. The missiles hitting Earth are the catalyst for Judgment Day, creating a rift between Hell and Earth, the dead walk, etc. Now, in Die Rise we can look in the sky and see pieces of the Earth floating in space and meteors coming down... presumably all contaminated with whatever it is that happened to this planet. Now, what if when we finish this big Easter egg and activate the towers, "mending the rift" between Hell and Earth, we somehow create a new rift. A rift in time. And all these meteors are shot back through time itself, falling to an earlier version of Earth... only to be found and experimented on by Nazi and US scientists and dubbed as "Element 115"?

Throughout Black Ops II zombies we are again and again given references to time loops and repetition. So what if the entire Zombies storyline is, essentially, a massive time loop?

Just a thought I had.... call me crazy.

Do we know exactly when the zombies actually took over the earth? I was always under the impression that pre-Black Ops II maps were all localized outbreaks. If this is the case, what caused the outbreak to go worldwide between Moon and TranZit? The rockets weren't infused with 115, where they?

Depending on the answers to these questions (I'm admittedly no expert on the storyline, though I am familiar with it), I kind of had a wild theory.

What if the origin of the 155 meteors is... Earth itself? Let me explain... with MotD we are given an entirely new source/controller of zombies; Lucifer. So let's say Maxis launching the rockets caused an apocalypse in quite a biblical sense. The missiles hitting Earth are the catalyst for Judgment Day, creating a rift between Hell and Earth, the dead walk, etc. Now, in Die Rise we can look in the sky and see pieces of the Earth floating in space and meteors coming down... presumably all contaminated with whatever it is that happened to this planet. Now, what if when we finish this big Easter egg and activate the towers, "mending the rift" between Hell and Earth, we somehow create a new rift. A rift in time. And all these meteors are shot back through time itself, falling to an earlier version of Earth... only to be found and experimented on by Nazi and US scientists and dubbed as "Element 115"?

Throughout Black Ops II zombies we are again and again given references to time loops and repetition. So what if the entire Zombies storyline is, essentially, a massive time loop?

Just a thought I had.... call me crazy.

That makes lots of sense in a nice neat way. I can see how Treyarch is trying to explain the repetetive nature of Zombies gameplay through a time-loop storyline. Resurrection in Die Rise, the Cycle in MotD... What you're suggesting eliminates any paradoxes and seems most plausible given what Treyarch has been doing thus far in BO:2, so I have to agree.

How could I have not seen this post?

I'm only a novice with the knowledge and grasp of the storyline, but I am understanding that there seems to be a cult, "The Flesh" where Stuhlinger hails. This bit of info combined with things showing up in GLF, like the Chinese sign that translates to "International Zombies Center", causes me to believe there is some history on this Earth of human living with Zombies.

We have zombie paraphernalia in real life. That doesn't mean zombies are real. An International Zombies Center I think is just a corporation built upon zombie survival skills that are popularized today by the media. It doesn't mean the zombies were an everyday occurrence in the future.

From what I understand, Richtofen gained control of the Zombies on Earth since Moon, so my question is: Where does Maxis fit in?

If BO:2 is set some time in the future from the events on Moon, which based off the clues that lead me to believe there is a substantial amount of time that Earth has been dealing with the Zombies, why are Richtofen and Maxis just NOW starting to interfere?

The answer is that they aren't. Richtofen and Maxis have been trying this for at least 20 years now. We know this from their failed run in Jack*ss Flats and from the hinted Broken Arrow as well as the crying girl we heard in Shanghai.

What has transpired between these two "demi-gods"? Is there just something special about Stu and our N4 and our two "demi-gods" are battling for this target of opportunity?

Stuhlanger and Co. are just the first successful group.

If Maxis launched the rockets to try and destroy the Earth that Richtofen had inherited control of the Zombies with, why doesn't he just continue this trend? Why enlist help from anyone? ...And why does Richtofen need any further assistance?

Maxis inhibited Richtofen's power. Richtofen doesn't have a world of people to torture, just zombies. Meanwhile, I think Lucifer is slowly eating away at Richtofen; he can't handle it. As for Maxis's goals, that's a mystery, but they will supposedly save the world.

That makes lots of sense in a nice neat way. I can see how Treyarch is trying to explain the repetetive nature of Zombies gameplay through a time-loop storyline. Resurrection in Die Rise, the Cycle in MotD... What you're suggesting eliminates any paradoxes and seems most plausible given what Treyarch has been doing thus far in BO:2, so I have to agree.

I've done a bit more thinking on this since I posted it. In the Die Rise intro there is that "other" voice that some thought was just Richtofen and others thought was an unknown character. Perhaps that voice is Lucifer, as some have theorized before. If so, why would Lucifer and Richtofen both want to mend the rift between Hell and Earth? Well, because the current state of affairs does not benefit either of them. The apocalypse happened and Hell has been unleashed on Earth, but Lucifer has no control over the zombies and presumably cannot claim the souls of all the people that were killed because Richtofen is in the NPD. Richtofen, on the other hand, has control over the zombies and basically the world... but the world is broken and destroyed so he basically rules nothing. Perhaps there is some kind of power struggle between the two of them, but they can both agree that the way things are currently is no good to either party.