Not Another NavCard Theory

I was thinking to myself last night about the whole navcard conspiracy and Im not sure if this was ever considered. It probably was but after searching a bit I could not find anything of the sort. My apologies if it has been said.

But I'm thinking the navcards will affect one thing on each zombie map (that has a NavCard table, so exclude Nuketown). The first thing that popped into my head for TranZit was that it would change the part of day that it was, open up a new route (this part I know is widely assumed) but it would also remove all of the fog from the map, including the denizens.

I'm curious as to what you all think about this? And theories about what might happen on Die Rise? Access to PHD Flopper? Perhaps it would fix the broken building and turn it right-side up?

I'd like to see what you are all thinking.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with this for a simple reason. The towers appear to be a major part of the new zombies storyline. They must do something huge, perhaps "mend the rift" for Richtofen, or open the entrance for Maxis. The rift was actually created back at Ascension by the Cassimeir (I think that's how you spell it) Mechanism. Richtofen says when you free Gersch from the Aether, "Fascinating. A Dimensional Rift!" It appears as though us freeing him created an opening between our dimension to the Aether. Considering Richtofen's main goal appears to be to mend this rift and secure his power, I just assume that's what the towers' purpose would be. Perhaps when we do our last tower, we can access something more on the final map, and see a cutscene or some epic ending.

I'd love to see the fog disappear, but I'm positive it's there for rendering reasons. It's the same when you look up one of the elevator shafts in GLF. You can see a white fog that moves upwards as the elevator does. However, opening the map some more would be awesome!

• Administrators

I agree with bagel. The NavCard is situated with the towers, and those towers only. Notice how you'll only find the card tables directly underneath the towers, and even hooked up to them. Besides, I can't quite fathom putting a card into a machine that will open new ways throughout the map or remove/add particular concepts like the fog or creatures.

I disagree because of die rise, we already linked it's nav card table and nothing happened, now it may be that we have to link it to the 3rd map before it does something, but I'm fairly certain linking it ended it...

What I think is that after you link all the spires we will gain some kind of reward, Weither it be a new map, a new mode. Or even a new advantage...

The draw-spawn system in TranZit necessitates the fog. The game would literally not work right if you took the fog out.

Ya know, now that you guys mentioned that I think I heard that somewhere before. Oh well. It was a nice thought. Haha. It would have resparked some interest in playing Green Run again. Since most of it is gone nowadays.

I'm thinking once all DLC is released, all NAV tables built, and all Nav cards inserted correctly, perhaps conditional upon activating the final tower, as well, we'll receive a permanent buff whenever we enter a game. What this buff could be I can only speculate...

Maybe we'd get the option to teleport from map to map in the middle of a match. This could be done as long as at least one player has the buff, then all players would teleport when the option was selected.

Maybe the buff is more like a new perk or permanently having all six perks respective to the map. (Probably the most awesome idea)

Maybe we spawn with more points.

Maybe we'll have the ability to transfer funds from GR's bank to other maps via the NAV Tables, so we withdraw in GR, deposit into the NAV table, then when we go into another map with a NAV table we can withdraw. This could explain the extremely high bank account cap. 250k is a lot for just one map. (Most likely scenario, IMO)

We won't know for sure until all DLC is released, but it's fun to speculate in the meanwhile.

With no factual basis, I have always assumed that we would travel between maps (it is a navigation card).

So, every map gets the bank, i just hope that buildables can be taken along...

It would be pretty neat to bring the jet gun to die rise. And maybe fling some zombies around Green Run =P

Taking along buildables could be a big hint at some grand multi-map encompassing EE we all dream about.

i.e.

Go to GR, build Electric Trap, drop ET somewhere in DR, build TS, go to DLC 3, use TS to access some hidden spot, build ???, return to GR for a Turbine, return to DLC 3, access hidden area, place Turbine, go to DLC 4, etc..

Would be super complicated, but also fun. I just hope that if they do make some super complex, multi-map hopper EE, they allow us to do it Solo. Getting others (randoms especially) to assist with the EE is hard enough on one map.

With no factual basis, I have always assumed that we would travel between maps (it is a navigation card).

So, every map gets the bank, i just hope that buildables can be taken along...

It would be pretty neat to bring the jet gun to die rise. And maybe fling some zombies around Green Run =P

Yeah, are there spots to get to in Tranzit with the flinger? Is there a use for the otherwise pointless tranzit buildables?

I mean a suicide turret seems pointless anywhere, but maybe if you are on the dragon roof, put it one level down or aim up the ramp or something more useful than any Tranzit application. They should take away the friendly fire on that thing...seriously.

I think the turret would work well in the tight hallways of GLF, say the Remington hall, you watch the elevator and the window, let the turret spray down the hall, get on the elevator if you get overrun.

In the power plant on GR, there's an inaccessible doorway on one side of that center rotunda/main room where Avogadro spawns. I'm wondering if the TS could get you there. Of course, the no clippers have probably already explored that door and it most likely leads nowhere.

How about the Sliquifier out front of the farm? Or at Diner?

Flight with the Jet Gun in GLF for that extra bit of leap...Would be cool.

Anyone else fear that the navcard readers will just be part of the useless easter egg/side quest?

I have expected something useful out of them, like travel between maps or something else worthwhile, yet I can't help but feel it will be more of the annoying easter egg crap. I mean if it is ee crap, yet does something cool and viable, that is one thing, but if not...

What should be a cool wrap-up could instead be like the end of Lost (ultimate fail mode activation).

(Shudders at thought)

Don't mention Lost! I don't think I can take another let down of that magnitude! Why JJ Abrams?! WHY?!?!? :cry:

I know. I am not a tv watcher, but I ended up catching a huge percentage of that show with my sweet.

The day it started, I said that it would end exactly as it did, but eventually it became clear that they wouldn't poop on their audience in the end...but then, there it was; bare ass, facing our direction, brown coming down...

It was sickening...

I was hoping that the nav cards would open up some other part of a map when you used them - like gaining access to PhD on Die Rise, or using a nav card on Green Run to gain access to the (rumored) second route.

Totally off topic, but I went to check the wiki for Die Rise and noticed that it's gone. I was going to look into the nav card a bit more (since a nav card can go into the reader on Die Rise, right? I don't know a whole ton about BO2 yet).