Die Rise needs to be fixed!

I liked Die Rise but the spawn system has destroyed it. I find it funny how on the boss round my friend and I sit there bored with nothing to kill while my other bro has 15 of those creatures chasing him somewhere else. Seriously?

Then with the zombies, 80% of them spawn on the roof area. If you're anywhere else, let's say by the first box spawn room, or the buddha room, you will get about 1 or 2 zombies every other minute. Maybe 5 of them if you're lucky!

Now we have the problem with the broken elevator shaft that leads to the AN-94 will sometimes kill you instantly no matter what state of health you are in.

See here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfgWFIxVj3s

And the slide of death

See here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du-laN2z2NU

Great map ruined by simple things. Come on Treyarch..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know why the AN slide killed that guy. It's because he went too fast. He wasn't finished healing when he hit the slide. Each one of those drops causes damage and you kind of have to take it slow. That's why I never go down it during a heavy zombie swarm. As far as the box slide, I've never seen that. But I'm on PS3 so maybe those glitches were fixed by the time they got to my console.

Oh and I don't know if you were being sarcastic with the title. "Die Rise needs fixed!" But the correct way to say it would be "Die Rise needs fixing" or "Die Rise needs to be fixed!" I'm not making fun in any way, I'm just a grammar nazi.

Die rise is one of my favorite maps and all of these spots that kill you are simply ridiculous. Besides theses two..

Now we have the problem with the broken elevator shaft that leads to the AN-94 will sometimes kill you instantly no matter what state of health you are in.

See here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfgWFIxVj3s

And the slide of death

See here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du-laN2z2NU

I've killed my self several times jumping between buildings because my guy stopped sprinting and didn't make the jump causing me to fall off the map. You shouldn't have to be scared just to travel around the map. I was shocked that they didn't patch both of the slide glitches in the recent updates.

As for the zombie spawn system, I completely agree. You have to base your own strategy on wherever your teammates are. From what I believe, the areas go about like this, from getting the most zombies, to the least....

- Spawn building, Roof and MP5 level, power, first box spawn level, then Buddha room -

Trey arc needs to make some changes.

I know why the AN slide killed that guy. It's because he went too fast. He wasn't finished healing when he hit the slide. Each one of those drops causes damage and you kind of have to take it slow. That's why I never go down it during a heavy zombie swarm. As far as the box slide, I've never seen that. But I'm on PS3 so maybe those glitches were fixed by the time they got to my console.

He was going quick but not too fast for the drop to kill him. As for my own experience I went super slow on each drop and despite that, I was still killed in the exact same spot.

Okay watch this guy's video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwbbtZ-HKw

and go to 1:18 seconds. You can't go any slower than that man. Map = Broke :(

I agree and disagree with this.

There is a general glitch in blops2 where two players can't occupy the same spot at the same time in certain situations. Little things like slides and ladders and things allow for players to "bump" into each other and go down. For example if you are on the roof of the diner by the ladder and someone climbs up at the same time often you will both go down. I've seen entire teams go down from this. If you hit a slide together or are at the bottom of a slide at the exact same time as someone comes down you both could be downed. If two people jump onto a trample steam together at the same time it can down you both as well. Just did this last night actually.

Many times someone has been complaining about going down for no reason in the elevator shaft it is because of 1 of two reasons. One is the above scenario where someone was following two close and they "bumped" on the slide, downing one or both players. The other reason is that even though your screen doesn't go red from one of the drops in the shaft, you essentially take a little damage. (like the difference between a swat from a zombie and a swat from a jumper-half a hit basically) It doesn't turn you red but if taken in succession with another light hit may turn you red. Sometimes people drop down a level and don't realize they have taken a "light" hit, drop down again and they're red. If the 2nd drop down happens to be a slide, you could slide down fast enough to take the next hit before the first one regenerated and down the player.

I'm not saying there aren't any falling glitches or bad game mechanic design by Treyarch, I'm just saying that a lot of peoples downs and complaints can be logically explained.

I could be wrong but in that last video the guy had a player coming down right behind him. They may have bumped and one if not both of them were downed when they hit the slide.

Spawn zones are really annoying. Some of the best training/camping spots on the map are boring because the people training/camping on the roof get floods of zombies while you get to kill one every 10 seconds. I don't know why the roof is such a hotspot for zombie activity.

every time I see someone die to this glitch, its cus they went straight down the middle

Spawn zones are really annoying. Some of the best training/camping spots on the map are boring because the people training/camping on the roof get floods of zombies while you get to kill one every 10 seconds. I don't know why the roof is such a hotspot for zombie activity.

its because the roof has so many spawn points

every time I see someone die to this glitch, its cus they went straight down the middle

its because the roof has so many spawn points

True, but I'd imagine that the game would still try to spawn a number of zombies in a given area relative to the number of players in that area. It doesn't make sense for 90% of the zombies to spawn near one player and only have 10% spawn near another. If the game simply works by activating spawn points near a player and not distributing the number of zombies spawned by that area relative to distance from the player and how many players are withing range of that spawn point, that should be changed.

I stick to the right and take my time. It is a glitch.

On spawns: if I do the Buddha room, while my friend goes to the roof, I get just under 1/3 of the zombies (math after several rounds), he gets just over 2/3.

Take out the elevator zombies spawn and the 'stand around windmilling' zombie glitch also, please.

Also, at the end of a jumper round, both of our (dragon roof) trample steams vanished. When we went to get new ones, it said already got one. Never found where they went. Once, my friend set his down up there, it launched over behind the ramp/debris by the gun elevator.

my team was paying with a random the other night. he was very good, he was white player, he stayed onroof till around 28.

I was in cafe area, mates we re at Buddha and hole in ground.

he had1500 kills. I had 700, the other had around 300ish each.

that is wrong...lol

Guess I was wrong when I said it was because of how fast you went down it. I just never had that problem. I'm on PS3. I'm not sure if this glitch exists on PS3 though. But I'm sure there are the same amount of problems on all consoles. This game is MIGHTY broken. But who can complain when you get 3 games for the price of one?

But I do hope that glitch gets fixed. I'd be pissed if I had just bought the galvaknuckles and went down that slide, only to die. There's a lot that needs fixing in this game.

Guess I was wrong when I said it was because of how fast you went down it. I just never had that problem. I'm on PS3. I'm not sure if this glitch exists on PS3 though.

It does. I've been fortunate to never have the game kill me there (though I have been killed by the box slide), but I've watched it happen to friends.

Many issues with Who's who. Sometimes the song keeps playing even after you die or are revived. Sometimes it will glitch where you only have the ability to use one gun. Can't cycle, can't use claymores or tramplesteam. The only way we found to fix it is to pack or repack your gun.

I've sat trample steams down and had them bounce across the screen.

Something triggers elevators to move floors super quick, almost instantly.

(ex: I'm riding the power elevator down to the siliquifier, when it arrives buddy jumps on it and it takes off immediately.) Most times it takes 5-6 seconds if you're standing on it.

I've gotten the Tranzit sound glitch twice now since the latest update. Never got it on Die Rise before that.

Not to mention all the connectivity problems, inability to create lobby's.. etc..

Zombie spawns as mentioned above. There is always at least one person with 2-3 times more kills than everyone else in the lobby and my team is pretty even skill wise.

There are some definite issues with this game. Hopefully Treyarch fixes some of this stuff, according to the twitter response above it looks like they're listening so thats good.

Many issues with Who's who. Sometimes the song keeps playing even after you die or are revived. Sometimes it will glitch where you only have the ability to use one gun. Can't cycle, can't use claymores or tramplesteam. The only way we found to fix it is to pack or repack your gun.

I've had this glitch twice before, but it seems as though it goes away if you reacquire Who's Who. You'll be able to cycle weapons and use claymore/semtex/trample steams again. Still really annoying if you have 5 or 6 perks and go down because then you have to wait for the next minion round to reacquire Who's Who.

spawn thing is annoying! i was in the room with the whole in the middle, my mate was in the budha room, he was getin alot of zombies why i was only getting a few :/ now we both train in the room with the whole in middle, he will train in the downstairs part and ill train in the upstairs part, then we jst swap every round lol can get a lil crowded at times but aslong as u dnt go in any corners or nothing its managable xD