ZFFS: The Farm - A detailed view

KeredNomrah69

The Farm

An indepth look into a secret organizations facility.

Contributions and special thanks:

ENG EpicczDiddy (images)

RequixEclipse (gameplay/research)

DueceCostello (discussion/conspirator)

Om Blitz (discussion/conspirator)

movotes (your lightbulb article was my inspiration)

The Farm: A look into the past

In the small town of Hanford, WA we find a small group of survivors on the brink of human extinction during a zombie, nuclear, and chemical apocalypse on a planet wide scale. These four fighters and hardened veterans of combat have proven themselves some of the toughest people in human existence due to there perseverance and resourcefulness to be alive in such an intense environment.

Upon there quest through the wasteland of what is left of earth, our heroes arrive at a simple bus depot which then leads them to many new locations. One such stop has been dubbed "The Farm".

We now take a step into the past, before the bombs, before the hungry hordes of flesh eating zombies. Back to a place of peace and order, but not all was as it seemed. From an outsiders perspective the farm was a prosperous household filled with equipment, facilities and crops enough to supply the family and happy workers that must have been living the American dream.

Nearby the Town offered social gatherings and distractions from the routines of daily farm life. Business seemed very substantial as shipments were seen leaving continuously and prosperity was had by all. Soon after though, it all began to change. What was once a cover of epic proportions being pulled off by the American government, soon started losing its family appeal as upkeep started to slip.

Even though some of the farm elements were seen to be slipping, general maintenance was continued. Use of the local lawnmower and tools scattered around supplied enough equipment for the basics of work needing to be done for the cover.

Unfortunately this would only lead to further sabotage there image. As large amounts of equipment laid dormant and more trucks were brought in, soon even the tractor sheds were blocked with equipment needing to transport there shipments.

It came to a point that any visitor to this location would automatically notice differences from your typical farmers house upon arrival. Sandbag reinforcements, weapon crates, and the lack of animals all had its toll. Closer inspection of the house would show a fridge converted to a weapons armory, LMG's with Ammo laying about and a siren that was installed into the sleeping quarters. This siren was then connected to the main facilities in the laboratory for precautions.

Many workers and security could be seen leaving and entering this house as it was used for sleeping mainly and brief entertainment by form of a t.v.

As time passed, the "farm family" were aware of the progress being made in near by underground facilities by the appearance of shipping crates. Advancements in a previously acquired perk-a-cola technology had made leaps and bounds producing two new creations "Double Tap Root Beer" and "Tombstone". Also new weapons were now being introduced into Government facilities via "Pack-a-Punch" machines which were now being manufactured. These large crates required additional pulleys and chains to be installed into the barn so that shipment from the farm facility would be possible.

As the success of the laboratory increased, other government facilities started incorporating these technologies and styles into there own. A visit to a secret location under the pentagon will reveal equipment and security that was sent all the way from this very same farm. While although certain technologies weren't available for the "Five" incident, the advancements at the time were adequate defenses for even a handful of fighters to use.

All good things must come to an end though. It could be said that the last days at the farm before the apocalypse were some of the best it had ever seen. Shipments were at an all time high, which could be easily seen by the number of semi-trucks populating the surrounding area. Weaponry and mass production of there newest cola's were in full steam and ready for delivery. Experiments in biological and electrical evolution were taking drastic turns with the creation of Denizen's and "Him".

It is unsure who the last occupants of the farm really were when the apocalypse finally came to bare. It could be said that there determination and quick wit are the last markers of there existence. In the midst of world wide volcanic eruptions, reanimated corpses and there own experiments unleashed they continued to fight. Evident by many refortified windows and doors these souls would not leave easily, using every tool at there disposal they quickly unpackaged crates and began there inevitable decent into hell.

In the end it wasn't enough. As was told for many stories in that period, all was lost. Only relics exist now in a place that was once full of activity. The story that was has now become unwritten, ready for the moment it's needed. From the irony of the past, we can smile in the future at that which was right in front of us the entire time. These element 115 "weapons of mass destruction".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The former piece was compiled for many different reasons. A lot of it, especially the narrative parts, were basic decoration. In searching I have discovered many things from questioning everything. One of these things were the crates and what was housed inside of them thus leading me to what was just written.

As was stated in that sections title it was purely a look into its possible past and the going-on's of the location. What is just as important as its history is its present. I encourage you to take time at every location and enjoy the details. As they say, "smell the digital roses".

To further dive into the subject I present ongoing cases and threads that all involve the farm. Anyone that makes a new thread or has an old one that's been overlooked please let me know so I can include it.

CallofDutyZombies.com Threads

Farm Lightbulbs

Is ALL TranZit radios in Farm TV? (Can't hear 2 of them)

Go outside the back of farm after DLC?

ZFFS: Give me your Fog Horn! (Clear Debris Sound)

tranzit pyramid found next to farm

YouTube Videos:

[Tutorial]Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit Buildables and parts Guide: Farm

Tranzit Easter Egg/Breakdown Step 33: NEW Audio from the Farm Television! [black Ops 2 Zombies]

Black Ops 2 Zombies - TranZit Storyline! New Farm TV Easter Egg Quotes! The Voices' Plots! - Part 1

Black Ops 2 Zombies: TRANZIT FARM GUIDE/STRATEGY (BO2 Zombies Tutorial)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many things I hope to investigate further and update this thread with in the future as I will do with all my past threads.

Other things to take into consideration:

Power Lines - Where do they go behind barn? Both Farm and Nacht (prototype) lead into the same direction away from any power lines or the power house.

Back Door of The House - The only non-boarded part of the house, did the occupants escape deeper into the facilities behind?

Tractor - Not sure what to make of this, lettering is backwards (international) and has weird almost Arabic lettering below

As we can see there's more to this farm then just it deserving a ride by on the bus. Every detail they put in is a clue. The story's there, we just have to find it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work here Mr Kered.

I really liked the personalised narrative you included. Great way to tell the chapter of the Farm for Green Run.

The going's on at the Farm really need to be investigated & uncovered.

There is Russian Writing all over Green Run.

- On one of the Silo's at the Farm

- On the Fuel pumps at the Diner

- On the crates in the Pack-a-Punch hallway. (Nearly everything in this hallway is the same as FIVE aswell, so there another link to the overall story)

The Russian writing is also found on the Moon (see link below)

Though I don't have a lot to contribute, here are some threads which you might be able to get something out of.

Russian Writing on Farm Silo

Green Run & Chernobyl

Russian Involvement at Griffin Station

Denizens started off as an Experiment

One other thing I have noticed is that in a lot of maps there are 'No Smoking' signs, these signs are all in different languages & different countries? I always thought that was strange.

I won't be very active for the next month, but I'll see what else I can dig up.

Great work once again, thank you.

Take the time to watch this please. Let me know if you see familiar places and see things start to unravel.

This is Taryn Simon..

http://www.ted.com/talks/taryn_simon_ph ... sites.html

Well I'll be a sonuvvagun, looking at the picture of the nuclear storage facility from the Hanford site, I was reminded of the supposed braille from Die Rise. Maybe this is in fact not braille but instead a reference to some sort of nuclear waste disposal facility.

Great work here Mr Kered.

I really liked the personalised narrative you included. Great way to tell the chapter of the Farm for Green Run.

The going's on at the Farm really need to be investigated & uncovered.

There is Russian Writing all over Green Run.

- On one of the Silo's at the Farm

- On the Fuel pumps at the Diner

- On the crates in the Pack-a-Punch hallway. (Nearly everything in this hallway is the same as FIVE aswell, so there another link to the overall story)

The Russian writing is also found on the Moon (see link below)

Though I don't have a lot to contribute, here are some threads which you might be able to get something out of.

Russian Writing on Farm Silo

Green Run & Chernobyl

Russian Involvement at Griffin Station

Denizens started off as an Experiment

One other thing I have noticed is that in a lot of maps there are 'No Smoking' signs, these signs are all in different languages & different countries? I always thought that was strange.

I won't be very active for the next month, but I'll see what else I can dig up.

Great work once again, thank you.

We have seen some of this before. On ascension, there was writing in Ukrainian that translated to infected, similar to contaminated, there was writing about a dosimeter, and there was writing talking about a baby, much like there is writing about a child on the silo.

• 2 weeks later...

More research for you KeredNomrah69! I remember walking through this with you and talking about international.

Well Lanoitanrenti led to Viacom. Well Viacom owns all broadcasting stations and had a dispute with YouTube resently on copy right violations. Viacom Also owns Activison Inc. and Activison Blizzard Inc. and they own Treyarch.

With that I believe that is the reason why that text is presented.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

These are only textures reused since Ascension and the multiplayer indicating this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_Exclusion_Zone

Thank you. Is there a change that besides the Chernobyl signs, something else somewhere is said? Because I remember reading somewhere that there is something said about a child too. It could have been just someone rambling a few words, without any real information, though.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

We know both TranZit and Moon take place in the (near) future. Maybe the Hanford Site station and Moon base included Russian scientists, working for the US after the rise of the SDC in their country. That might explain the Russian signs in these locations.

On top of this I would like to add that I think the Russians knew of Griffin Station earlier, maybe due to Richthofen's diary that was in the hands of Yuri. It might be the cause of the entire space race between the Soviet Union and United States. The Soviets were working on the rocket in Ascension, and not for no reason the word 'LUNA' is part of the Ascension Easter egg. But while they were the first in space, the Americans were the first on the moon. Maybe with the help of Group 935: 

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/183891-is-broken-arrow-the-continuation-of-group-935

Maybe with something else than a rocket:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/183956-the-moon-landing/

Archived