Sounds like a paradise

BuscusBros

I just saw Jimmy Zielinski's tweet about life on mars sounding like a paradise.

CNN wrote: Life on Mars was once possible, says NASA (from CNNLightYears): http://on.cnn.com/X46ZnW

then someone else posted something else then Jimmy posted

@assyriannuni @CNN @KSherwoodOPS sounds like paradise!

(Sorry I couldn't get a picture of it :( I uploaded it to google but something screwed up

BAM! right there! Shangri-La is meant to be a paradise... But recent disscusion has proved that Shangri-La could be on mars! This just proves that Shangri-La is on Mars!

Does this mean that Shangri-La is on Mars?! Comment! :mrgreen:

P.S Thanks I GRILL I, Infest Lithium and Flammenwerfer for bringing up this post in the podcast! :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Welp, looks like the secret it out. Thanks Zielinksi, always showing up to the party almost two years later. :P

I'll believe him 95% of the way. He may even be teasing us since Tac did a fantastic job of connecting Mars to Shangri-la. How the ancient area ended up on a different planet with zombies Asian-tribal descent while you can maintain contact with two British explorers using switches to be sent back in time really does interest me.

Could the whole biosystem be uprooted via teleportation of some kind - perhaps by ripping the fabric of time and space prior to the map - and sent to Mars? This may explain the vortex on the loading screen. [Props to GRILL for feeding this information.]

Welp, looks like the secret it out. Thanks Zielinksi, always showing up to the party almost two years later. :P

I'll believe him 95% of the way. He may even be teasing us since Tac did a fantastic job of connecting Mars to Shangri-la. How the ancient area ended up on a different planet with zombies Asian-tribal descent while you can maintain contact with two British explorers using switches to be sent back in time really does interest me.

Could the whole biosystem be uprooted via teleportation of some kind - perhaps by ripping the fabric of time and space prior to the map - and sent to Mars? This may explain the vortex on the loading screen. [Props to GRILL for feeding this information.]

It is more likely, that the explorers entered Shangri La, when it was on Earth, but, upon activating the switches, they travelled back in time, to a period where the temple was still on Mars. This is where we find the explorers after all... in the past.

My guess is that the temple was moved to Earth at somepoint by the Vril, possibly, as you said, by uplifting a large part of the biosystem.

I reckon it is a stargate that is used by the Vril to travel between Mars and Earth. The time machine aspect is probably to allow them to return to Mars at point in time, where the planet was still livable, with an active atmosphere.

Either way, Jimmy's tweet has all but confirmed that Shangri La is on Mars, but it is information that changes nothing. We still don't know why it's set on Mars, or whether it changes anything.

Probably not.

Unfortunately his tweet proves nothing. It might be hinting at Shangri La, but we can't say it actually confirms anything. His tweet may have simply been poking fun at the old discussions about Shangri La being on Mars. Or he may have just been joking. The problem is his post can be interpreted multiple ways, so it really does nothing for us as far as confirmation goes.

I'm still open to the Mars theory, just as much as I was when Tac first posted it. But until we actually get more of a solid confirmation, Im not gonna say either way. There's too many unanswered questions with the Mars theory to accept it.

One more tweet from him, even more evidence.

I see him doing this as a call for someone to say, "We've already been..." Everyone needs to keep in mind that we actually create half the storyline. He could've just said it's only the Himalayas, but then decided to change it based on the community's ideas. Or should I say Tac's ideas.

Jimmy makes tweets not to prove here nor there on the storyline. He simply tweets to provoke us, to make us think. For the most part, I think people OVERthink it. However, with his Mars tweets, it gave us just enough to make the conclusion about Mars. It was Tac's ingenuity to come up with it. He just needed some prodding. :P

One more tweet from him, even more evidence.

I see him doing this as a call for someone to say, "We've already been..." Everyone needs to keep in mind that we actually create half the storyline. He could've just said it's only the Himalayas, but then decided to change it based on the community's ideas. Or should I say Tac's ideas.

No we don't make the story line, they have had the storyline cooked up since the first DLC pack for WaW. Even our next zombie location is pre determined from long before we opened BOII. The only thing that his "tweets" really do for us is confuse us further. Believe me when I say, that the Devs for Treyarch do visit this site more than any of us know, and they mess with us to get followers to pay attention to their twitter pages. All they intend to do is string us along and make sure we buy the next DLC and remain interested in Treyarch zombies. Kind of like how a movie star will go on jay leno and tease us about what happens in their new movie, they ambiguously hint and use double sided phrasing to entice us into paying to see the movie asap. Consider it viral marketing.

I mean look at the impact his 180 characters or less have on this community. He says a few words and there are instantly 30 posts about possible new theories just based off of a tweet. Maybe he is hinting at something. Either way I am positive what i have mentioned is also the case.

No we don't make the story line, they have had the storyline cooked up since the first DLC pack for WaW.

Just a thought, but you may want to rethink that and look into it further. Treyarch has said multiple times, even on film during CoD XP and other interviews with the Devs, that we help build zombies, and this includes the Storyline of Zombies.

Also, if you look closely at the storyline, you'll quickly notice the drastic change in story from W@W to BO. The earliest they would have had an established storyline was after Ascension, and even then I doubt that. They would much rather watch us write the story for them.

BO2 however might have more of a developed and planned out storyline from what I've seen thus far.

If it is on Mars, give me a way that it got there. You can't transport an entire civilization, including a waterfall AND its water source, to another planet. It's just not how it works. And how would the O4 breath on Mars?

I'm not saying that's not where it is. But there's way too many questions just to assume still. I don't care about Jimmy's Anyone? tweet. He could be asking what people think.

I just would really like some evidence of how this could work in game besides something that was found after file diving. I thought it was commonly agreed upon that file diving did not make it canon.

And Shooter, I think this has all been planned out for a good while. Possibly since making Black Ops. I don't think they knew locations and such, but I believe they had ideas. And I believe by the release of Moon they knew exactly what they wanted to do with Black Ops II.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

How? Why? When? Vril-Ya.

How can they breathe? We know Brock and Gary TREKKED there previous to the map. Therefore, Shangri-La is NO LONGER in Mars. People talk about how it was in Mars, but in actuality the evidence, should you choose to believe it, dictates Shangri-La WAS on Mars, not is.

No we don't make the story line, they have had the storyline cooked up since the first DLC pack for WaW.

Just a thought, but you may want to rethink that and look into it further. Treyarch has said multiple times, even on film during CoD XP and other interviews with the Devs, that we help build zombies, and this includes the Storyline of Zombies.

Also, if you look closely at the storyline, you'll quickly notice the drastic change in story from W@W to BO. The earliest they would have had an established storyline was after Ascension, and even then I doubt that. They would much rather watch us write the story for them.

BO2 however might have more of a developed and planned out storyline from what I've seen thus far.

Agree to disagree. Treyarch is a misleading bunch. I have seen/heard the quotes and always got the impression they meant we mold the gameplay. I will gladly rethink if you can give me a few examples.

Agree to disagree. Treyarch is a misleading bunch. I have seen/heard the quotes and always got the impression they meant we mold the gameplay. I will gladly rethink if you can give me a few examples.

Well it's all in the quotes, but it's pretty clear if you think about it. Think about what the radios and quotes are about in W@W: WW2, Nazis, Zombies, Peter, Illuminati, teleportation. And then we had Ascension, where the story changed to focusing on the Moon, Aether, Sam, Gersch, Casimir Mechanism, Richtofen's grand scheme, all that good stuff. Kino is considered to be a W@W map, continuing with the original Nazi theme, but once Ascension hit the story changed drastically.

It just my personal opinion, but that's why I say the earliest Treyarch developed a storyline was Ascension. But who knows.

Back on topic:

I agree it was on mars but was teleported back by the Vril-Ya maybe. There has been evidence to prove this!

I suppose anything's possible.

@Shooter - I see where your coming from there, but I don't think that reflects how our input changed the game. I was watching videos from Der Reise earlier and there is mentions of the Aether and Teddy is a Liar written on the walls. This was WaW playthegamecentral (I believe but not certain)

Im not trying to be argumentative or derail the subject but this has genuinely peaked my interest. I have always been led to believe that this all is already written in some form and developed from there. I am not closed minded about it, I just haven't seen any real evidence of the contrary.

• Administrators

Treyarch does have their plot scripted from the get-go. That is, they already have a well-thought out layout for the next map, what new things will be installed on their, and how it integrates itself into the storyline. Usually, we usually our comments, theories, and ideas come along at least 2-3 maps ahead of time if we're lucky. It's not like they'd do a complete 180 just for us lovely friendos. :P

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

How? Why? When? Vril-Ya.

How can they breathe? We know Brock and Gary TREKKED there previous to the map. Therefore, Shangri-La is NO LONGER in Mars. People talk about how it was in Mars, but in actuality the evidence, should you choose to believe it, dictates Shangri-La WAS on Mars, not is.

This is true. If we were to assume that Shangri-la was on Mars at one point, we'd have to propose that the original location of it was Earth, then transported to Mars. Or, you could say that it originated from Mars, but then moved to Earth. If you move a whole biosphere - or perhaps an ecosystem - then you can make everything work to a given instance. Thing of it like a small hamster ball in the middle of a desert. The only things that are occurring are within that said ball, and not around it.

Then again, one could argue that it never did truly occur. Treyarch could just be teasing us for claiming that Shangri-la happens on Mars when the O4 come into play.

@Shooter - I see where your coming from there, but I don't think that reflects how our input changed the game. I was watching videos from Der Reise earlier and there is mentions of the Aether and Teddy is a Liar written on the walls. This was WaW playthegamecentral (I believe but not certain)

Im not trying to be argumentative or derail the subject but this has genuinely peaked my interest. I have always been led to believe that this all is already written in some form and developed from there. I am not closed minded about it, I just haven't seen any real evidence of the contrary.

@zombo

Again I'd just like to quickly reiterate fan feedback has a direct effect on the storyline, has since Day 1 when someone thought a zombie said the word "Sam" and made a post out of it. Time to go off topic...

Years ago, Alpha made a post long before Moon about a Zombie Base being on the Moon. Did he predict a future map in the already developed storyline by Treyarch, or did Treyarch read his posts and the feedback people gave about it, liked what they saw, and made a Moon map that would fit into the open ended story? Well, we know Treyarch has admitted they were planning to do Paris for the last map (another big fan request) but decided to change it. With one set storyline from the get go, Treyarch would have already known what map they would make for last DLC, and would not have been able to make such drastic changes in venue. The story is extremely complex and contradictory at times, and the reason for this is because they hadn't thought out all parts of the story ahead of time.

And Shooter, I think this has all been planned out for a good while. Possibly since making Black Ops. I don't think they knew locations and such, but I believe they had ideas. And I believe by the release of Moon they knew exactly what they wanted to do with Black Ops II.

Agreed, they had ideas, at best, until Moon. Throughout BO, we saw a new story begin to develop (Moon, Ed taking over the Earth), and I believe Treyarch has spent alot more time this go 'round developing a complex story to go with the continuation from BO. I do believe this time that they do have all maps and story plotted out in advance.

My point is, fan feedback has directly effected the storyline of zombies leading up to BO2. Treyarch may indeed have a very rough draft, at best, of the events of BO (and I really hope they do), but they have left it to us as a community to piece it together for ourselves, and that's what makes it so fun. Some theorists may recognize a saying when talking about Richtofen's behavior in SNN, Der Riese, and Kino: "Richtofen was just playing dumb". This is another way of saying the old story in W@W doesn't line up with events of the story described in BO. Hell, even Richtofen's introduction on Kino Der Toten contradicts itself lol. It is not until Ascension that we begin to see a thoughtout story develop. BO2 will continue that story with what I'm sure is a more developed timeline of events.

I apologize for going off topic here everyone :oops:

As for the Vril Ya teleporting it from or to Earth, I don't want to entertain the idea of invisble biodomes or how Brock and Gary managed to get there without any sort of evidence that suggest such things actually happened.

Also if it was teleported from Mars to Earth before Gary, Brock, and the gang all get there, what significance does it serve, if any?