nuke 2025 free for everyone + microtransaction.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another stab in the back for Hardened/Care Package buyers (Regarding Nuketown)

I really should've expected that though. The same thing happened for Nuketown Zombies, which I at least thought would be limited exclusivity till DLC 4. But 2025 I thought was actually exlcusive.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Just another stab in the back for Hardened/Care Package buyers (Regarding Nuketown)

I really should've expected that though. The same thing happened for Nuketown Zombies, which I at least thought would be limited exclusivity till DLC 4. But 2025 I thought was actually exlcusive.

At least Nuketown 2025 wasn't announced for release the day after the game came out. >: (

i share all of your grievances. but nuketown 2025 was part of a carefully worded pre-order promotion wherein a pre-order was the only way to 'guarantee' you received a nuketown code. the reality is that the entire first pressing of blops 2 physical copies shipped with a nuketown download key. so if you bought a retail copy of the game anytime on or around launch nuketown was there regardless of pre-order, or special edition.

looks like the problem wasn't people having access to the codes, but in many cases simply getting them to work...hence this new round of system updates.

all issues aside, i'm just sick of putting a disc in to play and being greeted by a 15 minute mandatory title update.

activision has some gall to focus on microtransactions and other flagrant cash grabs when their game itself is quite visibly still an unstable work in progress.

The gamestop I baught my game at was selling copies that had nuketown 2025 included in it days after the game was already released. I was surprised because I thought that this was a pre-order reward or something for the people who bought the hardened edition. I didn't ask too many questions though ha. I was just grateful.

N yes... they are some f - ing tricky b - ards. I remember on MW3 they made us pay for the "Elite" service to get the dlcs and the extra "content" for Elite App. The extra content was cancelled or just crappy and useless, then I find out that for BOII the service is free... that felt like a slap in the face.

They are already getting ready to drop a modern warfare 4. Im gettin 3 back and jammin that tho!

I just want to point out that they never directly said "Nuketown 2025 is a pre-order bonus." Rather, they said "Pre-order now to get the Nuketown 2025 bonus map." Although it SOUNDS like it'd be a pre-order bonus, in actuality, they just meant that if you pre-ordered the game, you were guaranteed the bonus map. This is because all launch copies had the map already with it. Their logic was that if, somehow, all copies of BOII were pre-ordered, then everyone who didn't manage to pre-order would not get the map. Hence, they encouraged you to pre-order for the GUARANTEE of getting the bonus map.

Seems sly if you ask me.

I just want to point out that they never directly said "Nuketown 2025 is a pre-order bonus." Rather, they said "Pre-order now to get the Nuketown 2025 bonus map." Although it SOUNDS like it'd be a pre-order bonus, in actuality, they just meant that if you pre-ordered the game, you were guaranteed the bonus map. This is because all launch copies had the map already with it. Their logic was that if, somehow, all copies of BOII were pre-ordered, then everyone who didn't manage to pre-order would not get the map. Hence, they encouraged you to pre-order for the GUARANTEE of getting the bonus map.

Seems sly if you ask me.

haha. did we just have a 'moment'? i'm glad someone else is on the same page

i share all of your grievances. but nuketown 2025 was part of a carefully worded pre-order promotion wherein a pre-order was the only way to 'guarantee' you received a nuketown code. the reality is that the entire first pressing of blops 2 physical copies shipped with a nuketown download key. so if you bought a retail copy of the game anytime on or around launch nuketown was there regardless of pre-order, or special edition.

looks like the problem wasn't people having access to the codes, but in many cases simply getting them to work...hence this new round of system updates.

please keep this thread going, i love hearing opinions on this subject. and its important because even if they're not listening, there is always the chance that the intended eyes might at least be watching.

for or against, its important to voice an opinion on the games as final product vs. games as ongoing service arrangement. with each new release we're seeing much more of the latter, fluffing us up for what seems to be prelude to a tectonic shift in the definition of what purchasing a 'game' means for console gamers as we approach the next gen.

Next Wednesday nuke 2025 will become free for everyone, nuke zombies can be purchased as standalone pack. And Bo 2 will get micro transactions including camo packs, callsing packs and extra CaC slots etc.

What do you think?

i think it's awesome! hopefully they will add nuketown 2025 to the regular playlist rotation! the micro transactions or whatever also seem cool, depending on price i could see myself muying some customizations and stuff... and having NT zombs for purchase makes sense too... add some new players to the mix hopefully

nuketown 2025 wasnt exclusive for hardened/care package. it came with 100% of preorders... no need to be mad about this one.

Wait...Micro transactions for Calling Cards?

LoL, they just don't care anymore. All about that money.

"Don't earn these Cards with lots of playtime," they say, "just empty your pockets."

i think they provided moree than sufficient amount of calling card challenges that you can earn with playtime. have you earned them all? if so then kudos to you because that is effing difficult. i dont see any problem with offering extra content and personalization for a cost. guess what? if you don't want to pay extra for it, then don't buy it.

i think it's awesome! hopefully they will add nuketown 2025 to the regular playlist rotation! the micro transactions or whatever also seem cool, depending on price i could see myself muying some customizations and stuff... and having NT zombs for purchase makes sense too... add some new players to the mix hopefully

Custom Reticles, Camo, Playercard Pack = 160 MSP each

10 Extra Custom Classes, Extra Custom Emblem Slots, Extra Theater Mode Space = 160 MSP

Country Playercards (by region) = 80 MSP each

And yet one more reason getting the Hardened edition was pointless... they better freaking make the map available for ALL modes by that point at least. I only play hardcore, and they didn't have any hardcore "Bonus" modes...

I believe they said they would incorporate Nuketown 2025 into the regular playlists once it became available for everyone. So yeah, leaning towards a "Yes" for you, mate. ;)

It's not like other games don't do this. Plenty of games offer these types of purchasing options. I have no problem with it.

But ya know what does frustrate me? That Season Pass owners don't get all of this for free. Look at Borderlands. If you buy Season Pass, you get all DLC, including skins and customization. Same should be said here.

And don't get me started on Nuketown Zombies...