Are the free perks really rewarded for 100% accuracy?

I just got done playing a game of Die Rise and during a boss round I was waiting for some of the jumping jacks to come my way. Impatiently I started swinging my galvaknuckles in the air and it made me wonder is it truly 100% accuracy that rewards the free perks? If I'm swinging my knuckles around in the air, waiting for jumping jacks (while another teammate is fighting a few, so they are already spawned and out), how can it be 100%? I'm swinging and missing. It shouldn't be any different than shooting and missing imo.

Yeah I guess im trying to be that annoying guy to poke holes... giggity.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Basically what jinro said. Accuracy can only be maintained if you are shooting. This method is most preferable with the Mustang & Sally. Using the Galvaknuckles is considered meleeing, so all you'd need to do is melee and not take a single shot throughout the whole boss round.

Voila - free perks galore!

I think the only way you can kill them by shooting and getting the free perk is with a "single" shot. Making contact with them of course. I remember shooting one of them square on and I was holding down the trigger (pdw). And we still didn't get the free perk. I also remember shooting one of them once with a an94 (I think) when we were standing behind the trample steams as one got past them. I single shotted by accident and luckly we got the perk. I don't have any proof I know but it could be something to look into.

Maybe one of us could test this out. It is a great question man :mrgreen:

Ya to the best of my knowledge, if you miss you lose the perk, Same with bonus I think.

You can melee them i.e. use Bowie, Knuckles, knife.

You can grenade them.

You can use claymores.

You can also shoot regular guns but if you miss even a single bullet then you don't get it.You can use Mustang and sallys given you must kill at least 1 with 1 shot.

Also It is a rumor that if you are downed during the Boss round and you fail a a knife or simply knife you don't get the perk. Best thing to do is let the others revive you or wait until you bleed out, finish the round, wait for you to spawn and then grab the perk. This way you still get the free perk but you won't get the bonus.

Hope this helps.

I was curious about the nades. I knew that claymores would yield the bonus, but claymores are almost always 100% bcause they only trigger when they have something to kill. As for nades, you can miss with poor timing or a bad throw. So, how do the explosive rounds count ammo? Is it like one bullet that has to at least do damage? Or does it have to be lethal? If no one has tested this I may have to because I would love to just spam nades in these rounds if I have no TS or am otherwise in a bad spot.

As long as you are up when the last Jumper is killed and there has been 100% accuracy (easily accomplished by having 0 shots fired) the Jumper will drop a Max Ammo, perk bottle, and your score will show +2000.

Great news about the semtex miss and still getting the bonus. If you can miss with Semtex and still get it, you should be able to miss with a frag and get it as well.

Oh snap, so you can just galva/knife/stabbie them all to death and you get it? What if a tramplesteam kills them all?

That's the most accepted way to do it. Either line up a few TS and hide behind them or drop two with a space in between them in some wide area (like the rooftop) and run a tight figure eight between them (may want Jugg for this).

There's a few camp spots that work OK, but I prefer the figure eight method. Here are the camp spots that work:

1) The shack on the rooftop with two entrances, in between the dragon signs and the double elevator perks. (place two TS in each entrance and camp inside)

2) The corner in the TS room by the B23R (place 2-3 TS in front of the corner and one at the edge by the roof or one facing the drop to the pink mattresses and sit in the corner)

3) The NAV table corner on the rooftop. (place all your TS across that corner from the generator box to the wall and sit underneath that ramp leading to the radio tower)

Again, I prefer the figure eight method because while camping you have no escape route should one of those crazy buggers get past the TS.

My usual stradegy involves building the tramposteam in round 1 and getting galvaknuckles pretty early. So if I do not have galvaknuckles the first round of crawlers I use one tramposteam in the middle of the floor and run tight circles aorund it. Once you get galvaknuckles its way easier to kill them using the knucks then a tramposteam until it becomes more than one hit to kill them then back to using tramposteam.

I usually go early bowie and get the steam a little later on, since i won't get any points for the kills. Always typically try and get all my perks right away so that when/if the leapers drop one it'll be a bonus and not something that i don't want in my 4 priority slots.

7 total in this map, right?

I usually go early bowie and get the steam a little later on, since i won't get any points for the kills. Always typically try and get all my perks right away so that when/if the leapers drop one it'll be a bonus and not something that i don't want in my 4 priority slots.

7 total in this map, right?

There is 6 perks in this map, in solo as long as you have 4 perks by the second crawler round you should have all 6 perks by the time you really need them (Round 20ish)

The 2000 points is for 100% accuracy.

As is the free perk, no?

Dunno.. I always use the trample steams to kill them. I have gotten the perk and NO bonus, not sure why.. I know if no shots are fired, only killing them with trample steams / claymore, then I always get the bonus 2000.

• Administrators

I don't believe this whole 100% accuracy thing. I think it is made up. I've tried getting it while using the Ray Gun to no avail. Missing with melees doesn't affect it. Missing grenades doesn't affect it.

Mustang & Sally will do the trick nicely. It has a larger blast radius, and will guarantee splash damage that has the power to wipeout other Jumping Jacks nearby. I'd suggest taking each one out instead of doing collective groups to ensure the 100% shot accuracy.

Being in an outside environment really helps, since Jumping Jacks can only attach to objects on their sides rather than the additional ceiling (making it harder to shoot). Otherwise, Trample Steams galore with Galvaknuckles/Bowie Knife.

i ahve tried and failed with M&S but it does work 100% if done right, one of syndicates runs on die rise i saw him do it....which is what tempted me to try.

in a 4 player match once i tried it with M&S, i missed one shot and thought i screwed the pooch. next shot i got 2 with 1 shot. im almost positive that is exactly what happened (heat of the moment), and we still got the perk.