Question.....getting back in the game?

Caddyman

There was a thread a while ago about keeping randoms in the game by reviving and using strategy to keep them happy and in the game, of course I can't find it, more to the point though I would like to focus on Multi-Player Die Rise Recovery Strategy.

My team and I are decent, we love Die Rise, but it always happens, we are close to or at round 30 in a 3-4 player match and someone goes down, usually me lol, and I need to get back in the game.

I run dragon room, team mate 1 runs buddha room, team mate 2 runs hole in the floor, team mate 3 / random runs somewhere else.

If i go down and die in dragon room, what are some of you guys suggestions for me getting back in the game past say round 30 where i just can't "wing it"?

if i dont have points i need to make points

i need to survive the round i spawn into

if i survive and have points then it's easy, just hold a zomb and get set back up.

we have tried a few things, if i spawn in the buddha room sit up in the no spawn corner, but inevitably i get a few zombs come up there, i have to drop down and run a loop, while my team mate has a full horde running after him below.

in the hole in the floor area, i have no idea lol.

thoughts? suggestions? tips? tricks? SPILL IT!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm used to recovering at high rounds or helping people do so.

There are two main strategies that have helped me with moderately good success. It really depends on if there's a teammate willing to help or not.

First off, always (no matter what) have a trample steam set up to fling people from the top of the Escher building (upside down building) to the power building. You can either set it up so you fling to the "lonely corner" or to the room near the MP5. This trample steam is useful for both of my strategies.

Try to start the round with the highest port player (the one who people spawn closest to) sitting right next to Jug. This is vital! Make sure you get Jug immediately. If possible, have the person who went down go with someone to the room with a hole in the floor (top of the Escher building). Since he has no guns worth speaking of, he should grab a B23R on the way for points building. He can then run a train on the floor below the hole, and his friend can run right above (to kill the zombies and help keep him alive). Stay alive till the end of the round, then go buy whatever.

The other strategy if you're alone is to pretty much do the same thing, but alone. Use the trample steam to return to the power building so you can do the loop and buy ammo, returning to your spot once you do.

If you can't do these, you'll have to wing it. Try and stay near a wall weapon if you can, something you can grab ammo for, and keep it calm throughout the round.

Proper use of Who's Who can save you a lot of pain, so I do recommend it. Going to the China Cafe isn't a bad idea if you feel comfortable using the SVU and Who's Who, so that's another option.

yeah i prefer the china cafe and am good with who's who, but it almost always happens that i go down on a high round and WW spawns me behind the counter where the box spawns. so i have to go down the slide and can't revive myself.

thanks for the ideas

If you're round 30ish when you first go down, I'd say 99.99% of the time you'll have at least 5-10k in points. So, step one is make sure you're re-spawned by PaP and Jugg, in that order. The respawning order is simple, you respawn with whoever is still up and is highest in order according to the scores.

Step two is PaP your M1911, buy Jugg. If you can't do both in time, PaP the M1911 and forego Jugg. You'll need your teammate to change up their tactics a bit for you in this round. They're going to have to babysit you, especially if you can't acquire Jugg.

Step three is get a Tramplesteam. If you're on the roof, which is most likely since PaP/Jugg always spawn there just in different elevators, get back to the roof by the dragon signs. Again, you'll need your babysitter to sacrifice their TS so the both of you can get back, you'll need to retain yours.

Step four is camp the roof by the dragon sign. Have the babysitter down below by the NAV table, they'll need to watch that window since they have no TS, but also keep the oncoming horde at bay, but your sole function is to keep your babysitter alive by offering air support with your Mustang & Sally. Your TS should be behind you on the ramp to keep your back safe. Your babysitter must be vigilante not to allow zombies onto your ramp, as you won't have an escape route unless you pick up your TS.

Use your ammo sparingly, especially in the higher rounds. Another way to do this is to have your babysitter train the horde on the roof, but that can be risky as it increases the chances of zombies straying onto your ramp and decreases the availability of your babysitter to kill those strayers. Of course, training is the best ammo conservation technique because you can fire two or three quick M&S shots into the horde to bring them down.

This is a pretty complicated process, but it's only one round. Have your other teammates leave a zombie or two at the end of this round, so you can re-acquire your lost perks and everyone get back to their respective places. If done correctly you'll have only spent one round getting set back up, but if you are short on points, just follow this strategy for another round, or bring a third player to the roof to ensure survival for more rounds.

I actually got this from RelaxingEnd...

But this worked for about 5 rounds with an afk guy and he had no downs afterwards. It works best if you're white, just because you can attract most of the zombies.

In the cafe room you can have the newly revived guy stand in the corner by the hole(where you can see the trample steam room.) set your trample in front of him and begin running a crescent moon type pattern and no zombies will reach him. You may get one or two per round but your trample steam will deflect them. I've done this up to round 34 with no problems. If he has enough time to get a PDW he can rack up about 5-10k just firing into the horde. Works well. If you set your trample steam up where he spawns at, you can shoot him into the corner if he's afk. Saves downs for sure.

I'll put a different spin on this. In my opinion it's madness to have people spawning up by the Jugg lifts. It can lead to all going down, or sometimes at best lead to another round out of the game.

I think that you should get your teammates to put a couple of trample steams in the corner of the china room/restaurant whatever you call it, and then have the downed player spawned there with the white player.

The downed player sits behind the trample steamers, and the white player and other players get all the zombies spawned in, either all in this area or where the other 2 players are running....all that matters is all zombies are spawned in.

Now you hold.

Downed player has at least a pistol and 1500 points, 40 bullets at 30 points when each one goes into 3 zombies makes enough to buy Jugg. Couple of nades added and you should be able to build enough to get Jugg.

You can then leave and get your stuff done, while everyone holds their zombies.

Much better to spend 5 minutes like this, especially if you have enough points to get fully setup.

You are then free to do what you want at the Dragon area without worrying about zombies appearing.

• Administrators

I agree with Chopper on this one. Try to avoid spawning them next to the Juggernog elevator if you're not timing it well and use Trample Steams as a defense barrier for the newly spawned while you help rack up zombies for them to score points on.

If I ever go down on a high round just to be spawned with nothing - not even points - I grab my own Trample Steam and place it in front of the barrier on the dragon rooftops. Usually, my team will be on the front lines doing most of the killing, so I'll lob a few grenades here and there to get just enough for some Claymores/Semtexes. A 'nade that is timed correctly can feed you as little as 500 points.

Also, headshots can be a big bonus with the Colt M1911. As Chopper said, the bullets will penetrate through and give you triple your score output for every correctly placed bullet.

Recovering in die rise is pretty simple: Say you start on round 12 on the roof, quickly run across the building top to the tramplesteam room, grab one, then jump across the building to the upside down area, from there fall down (up?) the shaft to the epic wall weapon that I can never for the life of me remember the name of... Get that! Then simply hold off in the budda room until the round is over, then save a zombie and get whatever you prefer!

If you spawn on a minion round simply stay with the group: If they're smart they would already have tramplesteams, then you can just run around one, get the perk drop, and then your already starting off with a lead! (and an extra 2000 points! )

Chopper is right, you should spawn into a different player's training area and camp a claymore corner with tramps while the other players hoard all the zombies before attempting to get anything.

If you have points you can go once all the zombie are accounted for. Otherwise just build points with what you got then go.

The buddha room is good for this and probably easier for both players than the china room although both work. If you are white, I'd definitely go for buddha room. I've done color ranking strategies in the china room before and they don't work well if white is the camper.

Either way collecting zombies before doing anything is a fundamental high round strategy and is definitely the easiest way of getting set up after a down/die.