Atlantis Anyone?

As we all know Die Rise has brought us a brand new and wonderful perk known as Who's Who. I believe this perk has more to do with the next map than we know. Who's Who enables our characters, once they go down to be revived in a saturated, watery dimension. We are then able to revive our real self.

The reason I say watery is because our screen looks as if we are constantly underwater, waves and bubbles distort our screen as well as the saturated colors. Take a look at this image here to see what I am talking about.

Now then to the perk machine itself. Notice how it resembles a deep sea diver suit. Bluish green topped with a glass head-bowl for air. Inside of the head-bowl is an aquatic figure of a man, possibly the Vril-Ya. The machine is also surrounded by a life preserver. Look at the image for yourself.

If this doesn't scream 'water' then I don't know what does. Here is a video from PTG explaining the theory in more detail. I came up with the theory before watching the video, but all credit goes to them for finding it first.

Hope you enjoyed my theory, please leave any feedback or comments you may have.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I can remember is Russman character "Keith Szarabajka" was in movie Atlantis: The lost Empire. He doesn't play a big Heroic role there (cook) but still good to see the character and voice actor in the movie. The movie talks about the great source of power that the world is after just like 115. This could very well be our next zombie map. Not necessarily the map should be underwater.

Samuel also quotes of Atlantis in Tranzit.

High quality image:

http://impawards.com/2001/posters/atlan ... 3_xxlg.jpg

Russman as Cook

uCxWUkaar5k

dje47HG7c90

Finally there is a mention of Tower of Babel in this movie. *Ding* *Ding* *Ding*

Here is some more information I found on the 'Vril-Ya' in general, most of it saying that they had extraordinary powers of revival and healing. Sounds similar to Who's Who. Also the narrator says they live in subterranean habitats. This doesn't necessarily mean in tunnels and such, it could also be underwater.

History

The Coming Race was originally published anonymously in late 1871 but Bulwer-Lytton was known to be the author. Samuel Butler's Erewhon was also published anonymously, in March 1872, and Butler suspected that its initial success was due to it being taken by many as a sequel by Bulwer-Lytton to The Coming Race. When it was revealed on the 25 May 1872 edition of the Athenaeum that Butler was the author, sales dropped by 90 percent because he was unknown at the time.

Plot summary

The novel centers on a young, independently wealthy traveler (the narrator), who accidentally finds his way into a subterranean world occupied by beings who seem to resemble angels and call themselves Vril-ya.

The hero soon discovers that the Vril-ya are descendants of an antediluvian civilization who live in networks of subterranean caverns linked by tunnels. It is a technologically supported Utopia, chief among their tools being the "all-permeating fluid" called "Vril", a latent source of energy which its spiritually elevated hosts are able to master through training of their will, to a degree which depends upon their hereditary constitution, giving them access to an extraordinary force that can be controlled at will. The powers of the will include the ability to heal, change, and destroy beings and things; the destructive powers in particular are awesomely powerful, allowing a few young Vril-ya children to wipe out entire cities if necessary. It is also suggested that the Vril-ya are fully telepathic.

The narrator states that in time, the Vril-ya will run out of habitable spaces underground and start claiming the surface of the Earth, destroying mankind in the process if necessary.

Vril in the novel

The uses of Vril in the novel, the Vril-ya vary from an agent of destruction to a healing substance. According to Zee, the daughter of the narrator's host, Vril can be changed into the mightiest agency over all types of matter, both animate and inanimate. It can destroy like lightning or replenish life, heal, or cure. It is used to rend ways through solid matter. Its light is said to be steadier, softer and healthier than that from any flammable material. It can also be used as a power source for animating mechanisms. Vril can be harnessed by use of the Vril staff or mental concentration.

A Vril staff is an object in the shape of a wand or a staff which is used as a channel for Vril. The narrator describes it as hollow with 'stops', 'keys', or 'springs' in which Vril can be altered, modified or directed to either destroy or heal. The staff is about the size of a walking stick but can be lengthened or shortened according to the user's preferences. The appearance and function of the Vril staff differs according to gender, age, etc. Some staves are more potent for destruction, others for healing. The staves of children are said to be much simpler than those of sages; in those of wives and mothers the destructive part is removed while the healing aspects are emphasized.

EDIT: Amazing information Way, and I do find it interesting how the same voice actor from the movie dealing with Atlantis happens to be playing Russman, who in fact is dealing with all kinds of supernatural situations. This can very well be the connection between zombies and Atlantis :)

Very much like what you're talking about here. And ever since I first laid eyes on Who's Who I said to myself "It kinds looks like a fish bowl." I tried discussing Atlantis in my post but everyone just ignored it for no real reason. What I was saying was that following the trends of the map locations for the Black Ops 1 Zombies maps Atlantis or something like it would make sense for the third map pack. And honestly I can't really think of somewhere I'd like to see more than the Treyarch Zombies version of Atlantis. But aside from Who's Who there really isn't much evidence to an underwater stage. At least not from what I can see. Very observant though.

Actually now that I think about it there was almost no allusion to Shangri-la for Black Ops aside from a few small things in Call of the Dead. And even then the only thing that really gave you any clues to it was the achievement description for the easter egg there. But that was the second map pack, so maybe in order to really know what's in our future we just gotta wait for this next one.