Riencarnation is Key- WHAT THE F***

Kurasaki

Aight so me and several friends...along with several randoms another time...along with several randoms and a friend...along with every which dagum way possible to do the easter egg Maxis side has to no avail failed...

Every time we get to the 4 Step:

Riencarnation is key...IT WONT LET US COMPLETE THE STEP...

Heres a run through of what we do during the games...we turn on power, do the elevator pads...do the chinese misc. pads...snipe the balls (no specific character as several different people have done it each game)...then we proceed to kill...alot...for 10 rounds(which I believe is the max number you have to wait)

then we hear "RIENCARNATION WILL REVEAL THE WAY FORWARD" yet it never allows us to pass this step...we tried shooting the floor with PaP'ed knives...shooting the buddhas...shooting every which character whos who and no whos who...self sacrifice, and accidental death...stulingher using the knives everytime... and IT NEVER WORKS...

Are we supposed to grab the dragon artifacts (spheres)...not grab the the spheres...weve done it both ways... but the odd part is that he never says..."THATS IT,ENOUGH" or whatever hes supposed to say...and he never makes note of the Ballistic Knives imortance after being PaP'ed ...yet I've seen him make note of this for people who havent dont any steps of the easter egg...

Are there some overlooked prerequisites...having done the tranzit easter egg...having havong done the Richtofen before the Maxis easter egg...?... are there any circumstances in which people are having the same trouble...

Is the Easter Egg simply as glitchy as the map itself...what is it...

Please Help

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted in the other recent thread about this saying the same thing. I too have done everything until that point and can't get past that step for some reason. So far there are only two things that I can think of....

1. Maybe there is a specific character that has to get the PAP ballistic knives each game. Like the Mahjong tiles maybe it changes each game.

2. It's glitched up like the rest of the map.

Maybe there is another reason but the more I die from the slide and elevator shaft the more I lean on #2 as the culprit.

I've seen this once before when I was doing the EE with some people that were trying to get it. I can't say what exactly causes it, but I can tell you how I've done the steps until that point.

So first, make sure the NaV table is created. If it isn't, you can't progress. Simple.

Second, do the first two steps with standing on the chinese symbols. After that, buy the sniper off the wall and shoot the balls out of the dragon's mouth.

Now whether you pick up the balls at this point or later, doesn't matter. But what I've always made sure of was that only the person that picked up one can use the upgraded ballistic knife. It's just to make sure, really.

This is also what I do for the step in the Buddha's room and kill zombies; I play in a custom game. I let one or two people leave the game so this step can be done faster (trust me, the difference is notable...) and let them join back once we've finished it.

Oh and for the record, the people that stay in the game are the ones that pick up the balls. And that is how I've done the Maxi's EE a couple of times already. Hope this helps you out somewhere!

Well, for some reason, the only times we can get it to work, it has always been a different character that has the Ballistic Knifes from Samuel, and it never seems to work when Stulinger has them.

My guess though, is that it is glitched out, as they ToB's also suffer from glitches. Take the step where you Kill the Avogadro under the pylon. It always say's "Nein, the portable energy systems are drained, you must repeat a step", yet, when we get out into the road, we hear him say "Yes... but we need more energy"!?!

Not sure why they are in such a mess right now, but since the last patch, we have only managed to do Maxis once, out of four attempts. We cannot seem to get the "Enlightenment" quote anymore. :?:

I was only able to surpass that step of killing zombies only 2 times out of possible 30 attempts. Literally 30 + attempts.

Every time We are in the room to kill zombies, he says oh yes more blood and he randomly says re-incarnation is the key instead of saying "Yes, That's it."

I mean I have surpassed that step before. And he then asks us to do the step with enlightened one and reincarnation is the key where we shoot ballistics in the ground.

SO it is not that it has to be right person. We even tried with sam and Stu.

We tried to do Trample steam but that did not work either.

We tried with or without picking up the balls from Lions paw, that did not make any difference.

After seeing some comments about how people approached this step I am surprised. Because that is not how the original EE videos showed. So This is what I have to try.

As soon as one of us shoots the balls from Dragons mouth, one player starts killing zombies right away in Buddha room and the other players stay somewhere else.

Thanks for all the replies...not sure what im gonna do though as there seems to be no definitive fix for this...

Think I'mma try and re-download the dlc...maybe some script got incorrectly placed or some s***...considering I'm the only one of my friends to die on the elvator slide and mystery box slide and I've died doing so in every which fashion...I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with the dlc itself...gonna re-download and see what occurs...

Honestly though...Def feeling as though this is simply a result of all the glitches that are Black Ops 2 zombies...I love zombies and the new developments with this game...but Black Ops 2 is easily the glitchiest game I've ever played...and thats next to Skyrim and Fallout...as those games glitches never impeded my quest progress or even more so KILLED me...will post results...

I think you just need to kill more with explosives... But I wouldn't know, I'm a richtofen slave... Did it in one try! It was epic!

Not to be rude but please dont post potential fixes if you havnet attempted the Maxis easter egg...Richtofen and Maxis' steps differ and the step in question doesn't pertain to Richtofen...Also the reason people fail the Maxis easter egg more often than not is due to inability to pass a certain bugged step, not inability to survive...

I think you just need to kill more with explosives... But I wouldn't know, I'm a richtofen slave... Did it in one try! It was epic!

Not to be rude but please dont post potential fixes if you havnet attempted the Maxis easter egg...Richtofen and Maxis' steps differ and the step in question doesn't pertain to Richtofen...Also the reason people fail the Maxis easter egg more often than not is due to inability to pass a certain bugged step, not inability to survive...

Oh I know, I can't tell you how many times I failed the tranzit Easter egg because no one could figure out what step we were on because the game before bugged out on us... Anyways, just trying to help...

• Administrators

After some reading on here, it's apparent that people have different options to solving this issue. If I may, here is something that I have personally encountered in a special manner.

The first time I attempted the Maxis side, we could not get past the reincarnation step just like everyone else. Our team eventually gave up and decided to hold out on the dragon rooftops. A teammate and myself went to the drop corner (where you can't get back up), and I had gotten downed. The other teammate who was with me revived my character with his PaP'ed Ballistic Knife, lo and behold - it triggered the succession of the reincarnation step.

I know many people have already said that you do not actually need to revive anyone, but I feel that is also due to the glitch itself. Reincarnation isn't mean to mean shooting the Krauss Refibrillator at the ground or inanimate object. If the revival aspect is the biggest instance of not passing this portion of the Side Quest, may I suggest having three people up on the catwalk with the sacrificial lamb running trains down below. The moment they go down, revive them. Keep doing this and the quote should trigger in due time.

I tried doing this side of the easter egg 3 times and had success each time (as far as the easter egg was going), but failed twice due to my team going down.

I passed the step of the quest (the reincarnation one) both times I reached it simply by shooting the Buddha on the wall (the left one) with the Krauss Refibrillator, on the first try. Not sure what you guys are doing wrong or if it's an actual glitch.

The whole team I was with did each step at a time, without rushing too much. No one went to the Buddha room until the balls had been shot from the Dragon mouths. People tried taking the balls with us, and without, in each time the Easter Egg kept going. So yeah. Just keep trying, and make sure to do the steps in order (use NGT Zombies for the basic step guide, though I don't recommend downing anyone in the Reincarnation step, just do that the way I did).

After some reading on here, it's apparent that people have different options to solving this issue. If I may, here is something that I have personally encountered in a special manner.

The first time I attempted the Maxis side, we could not get past the reincarnation step just like everyone else. Our team eventually gave up and decided to hold out on the dragon rooftops. A teammate and myself went to the drop corner (where you can't get back up), and I had gotten downed. The other teammate who was with me revived my character with his PaP'ed Ballistic Knife, lo and behold - it triggered the succession of the reincarnation step.

I know many people have already said that you do not actually need to revive anyone, but I feel that is also due to the glitch itself. Reincarnation isn't mean to mean shooting the Krauss Refibrillator at the ground or inanimate object. If the revival aspect is the biggest instance of not passing this portion of the Side Quest, may I suggest having three people up on the catwalk with the sacrificial lamb running trains down below. The moment they go down, revive them. Keep doing this and the quote should trigger in due time.

Yes, but how many people want to down themselves 100+ times in order to test whether it is a glitch or not? Maybe Treyarch should just pull their fingers out, and actually fix the Easter Egg steps. After all, the Tranzit ones have been buggy since the day of the launch.

3 months later...

reincarnation i wonder what is a weapon that when shot revives them :\

What there weapons that revive people...HOLY DAG...I had no dagum idea...no wonder we've been failing this ste...yeah okayI'm done...obviously you neglected to read every single post in this thread...we know what the weapon is...what to do with it...and even though people will always deny the existence of something that "hasn't happened to me" I assure you I have done every step to the exact necessary requirements...

What there weapons that revive people...HOLY DAG...I had no dagum idea...no wonder we've been failing this ste...yeah okayI'm done...obviously you neglected to read every single post in this thread...we know what the weapon is...what to do with it...and even though people will always deny the existence of something that "hasn't happened to me" I assure you I have done every step to the exact necessary requirements...

Calm down Nicolas cage... He ment nothing but help...

Calm down Nicolas cage... He ment nothing but help...

It was hardly a helpful comment though, was it? It was already established in this post, that the Ballistic Knifes may or may not be used in this step. Yes, it seems obvious that we are supposed to use them, but thousand have tried and failed with this step, so how was his comment helpful in any way? He is telling us to use the Ballistic in this step... and we are.

Result = Still not working

Tried last night with some randoms. I only knew roughly what was involved, but was following orders as this was my first attempt. The randoms had completed Richtofen and we were doing maxis. Elevators were simple, we made Stu get the Ballistic Knife, Russman get Who's Who. Shot the balls, collected the balls, made our way to the Buddha Room.

I had PaP M16 (Skullcrusher), Russman, Stu, and I (Misty) sat on the catwalk, they kept the catwalk clear while I watched for Marlton's train to bunch up, then blast with a few nades from the Skullcrusher. 2-3 rounds of this and we heard the voice cue. Then Russman jumped down and commited suicide by cooked nade and was revived via BK by Stu. Got the next cue on first attempt.

Then we began searching out the Mahjonng Tiles (hardest part IMO), finally got the order straight and everyone starts going down before we can place the TS's...So, we didn't complete the EE, but we flew through the step that everyone is having trouble with. Hope we didn't just get lucky.