Perma Jug in 15+ ? Perma PHD? What is it?

Tom852

Hi, I did some game today. I noticed, that explosions seemed to kinda do lower damage to myself then usual. In addition, there were several critical situations, that should have at least given me a red screen. For example, I shot twice with my mustang, then got a hit a bit later. Normally, this leads to a red screen, but didn't.

Well, to check what is going on, I just shot 3 times onto my feet with my M&S, getting no red screen. So, either it was Perma Jug or some kind of Perma PHD. I didn't wanna do further testing, cause the game was going good, and I didn't wanna mess with it.

After a later down (Down Type: Had WW and QR, didn't revive myself within 45s, so QR took place and I kept the perks), everything was back to normal.

I started the game with Perma Jug - *caugh* - but heard the sound of loosing it in round 15. I noticed neither an unexpected persistent upgrade gaining within the game, nor a lost of one after the mentioned down. But after that certain down, everything was back to normal.

Fortunately, I streamed, so the full game was recorded. Anyone got some idea?

See here:

http://www.twitch.tv/tomkzombies/b/374889353

2h 6min 30s: Two Shots M&S + Hit - no red screen

2h 7min 25s: 4 hits, 1s later another one, no red screen, no death

2h 10min 10s: 3 shots onto the ground with M&S - no red screen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how many downs you had. But lets go with the fact that you have not gone down at all. If you haven't gone down at all you would still have perm jug even though you heard the sound that triggers the lost of a permanent perk. My video proves that. So the ability to take 3 M&S shots is totally reasonable.

Lets say you go did go down after round 15 I still believe that you might be able to take 3 shots without going down even with just regular juggernaut. I played a lot of rank up quick strategy developed by everythingpiff and i can usually take 3 shots to the face with mustang and sally

Actually I think there is some implementation of PhD here after all. I randomly went into a TranZit game the other day, naded 2 zombies with one nade and took a lot of damage from it, then I got a green flash and I couldn't work out what it was, next time I ran over my semtex and it exploded I took no damage at all. I also tested with M&S and it seemed to have the same effect, I'll try to upload it from my fileshare soon.

quite a few? I am the only one that has said anything about it since I got my proof earlier this week. I kind of new it earlier but didn't test it for sure and if you look at my video with both form of jug you can take 5 hits till you go red screen and after I heard the sound I was still taking 5 hits. I go down, and when I get DOWNED (not death) then I lost my perm jug and was only taking 4 hits till I go down.

Does that mean you keep perma jug in 15, although you hear the loosing sound, until you die?

Worth testing perhaps? I do think others would be better at this than me. I go down more often in the early rounds than the later rounds...

Do you have me blocked or something mmx? I posted that video a good three times of me showing that you still have perm jug past round 15.

here it is again.....

In the vid you see you can take the exact amount of damage before round 15 and after round 15 and when i down myself you take less damage.

I saw your post. However, a good scientist gets someone to confirm his results.

What are you talking about?

What do you mean what is he talking about? He's talking about getting supporting evidence rather than the word from one person. It's easier to see if there are anomalies in the game.

why would i lie about this? im a new channel im not gonna start spreading stupid rumors. Iv seen too many channels fall and are just view whoring by posting half ass vids or lies or misnaming titles. And I have posted 2 vids of being hit 4+times after hearing the jug go off. i feal offended when you say you don't trust me.

• Administrators

why would i lie about this? im a new channel im not gonna start spreading stupid rumors. Iv seen too many channels fall and are just view whoring by posting half ass vids or lies or misnaming titles. And I have posted 2 vids of being hit 4+times after hearing the jug go off. i feal offended when you say you don't trust me.

It's not that he doesn't trust you; it's just the reassurance that the said method has been duplicated by others so it's 100% confirmed by the majority. It doesn't mean that you are an unreliable source. The more that a certain instance can be recreated, the better.

One thing I would check is in a public match. I'm not sure it would differ at all. Also, do you lose permanent jug prior to round 15 if you go down? I only obtained perma jug once but didn't see the point in it if I lost it every game.

no you can go down as many times as you would like prior to round 15. and it can be very helpful and very harming at the same time. it can be greatly beneficial to the greatest zombie players because they can survive an extra hit when training till they go down which is usually in the high 60s and even later. and it helps the smaller guy so he can get past the first few rounds consistently so he can experience other stuff to help him in the long run. but its also harmful, try playing a week straight with perm jug and then try playing a survival game and your whole perception of your strength is kind of askew. and after going 60+ rounds with perm jug you might get cocky and after you go down you might go down sooner than later because you were used to the extra hits.

I saw your post. However, a good scientist gets someone to confirm his results.

What are you talking about?

Your tests seem conclusive. You did multiple tries and came up with a conclusion. Usually, when someone makes a claim, I then go and test it myself. However, not going down in the first 15 Rounds is not easy for me. I'm not a terrible player, but I almost always go down in the early Rounds when playing co-op, and I haven't played Solo much lately. Therefore I ask for someone ELSE to confirm the results, because I cannot at the moment. I'd also like to repeat what others have said; it is best to get your results confirmed by someone else. It doesn't mean you lied. Newton's theories were tested repeatedly until they were proved to be laws. Newton was still the one who came up with them, but his theories were confirmed by other people.

So the sound we hear at 15 is the sound of us not being able to retain perma jug after a down, not necessarily meaning it just vanishes. Therefore pointless for me during pub matches that usually only last until 30, but beneficial to solo where you can justify the 2+ downs getting perma jug where you'll get a lot more kills. Thus, keeping your k/d at a reasonable level.

So the sound we hear at 15 is the sound of us not being able to retain perma jug after a down, not necessarily meaning it just vanishes. Therefore pointless for me during pub matches that usually only last until 30, but beneficial to solo where you can justify the 2+ downs getting perma jug where you'll get a lot more kills. Thus, keeping your k/d at a reasonable level.

pretty much yea.

At no point did we say we didn't trust you, you implied that yourself. As a community we just test things out before giving definitive answers on things.

Maybe it's not perma jug we are losing? At round 15 i've often lost steel barricades and carpenter pro randomly. I can't think what else it is because I rarely use perma-jug but I always hear the sound.