This is Black ops 2 Zombies...NOT Black ops 1.5 Zombies...

For those confused about the thread title:

This is soley about the guns

When they initially brought WaW zombies and then made BO 1 zombies they didn't even hesitate with having all new guns, whether it be on the wall, in the mystery box...EVERYWHERE...

But with Blacks ops 1 zombies being what brang Zombies over the top and to most peoples attention (most, not all, as I understand most still love the precursor that is WaW zombies) They decided to keep guns from Black ops 1 over to Black ops 2...WHY

I'm not talking about the zombie specific weapons such as the monkey bombs, ray gun...ect... I'm referring to the guns used in multiplayer and cam,paign alike...

Now at first I was furious and confused that tranzit had no new wall guns (aside from the remington) but then with the release of Die Rise I understood that this decision was because tranzit was in the past(I think) and therefore they kept the weapons from that time frame but in Die Rise, being in the future, they added guns such as the PDW, AN-94, and SVU to the wall...BUT the box guns and MANY other wall guns are still here...

Again...WHY

Why hasn't the mp5 become the mp7, why hasnt the Fal in the box become the new Fal from Black ops 2 multiplayer... I loved the Fal ever since they (unfortunatley) took out the G3 from MW 1 and introduced the Fal as the new single-shot semi-automatic gun...But the Black ops 1 Fal in my opinion was the most visually unnattractive iteration of the gun...The new Fal looks significantly better...and even if not...The new fal would be so much more fun...

The current Fal is great out of box, but PaP'ed its terrible as it changes the entire gun mechanics to a triple burst...causing an immense waste of ammunition and simply an unfavorable feel to a gun thats supposed to be a single shot...I would love to see the BO2 Fal in the box...when being PaP'ed remaining a single-shot(which is why I use it in the first place) with maybe attachments such as a possible, Holographic, Select-Fire, and whatever else may seem fitting...

I understand they kept the galil...But the ONLY reason people love the Galil is because IT'S the Galil...let me explain...the reason people love the Galil is because it was easily one of the strongest guns in multiplayer and in zombies...but if the Famas was the best gun in multiplayer(which some may argue, not me, but some) and the best in zombies then people would have wanted the famas to return in BO2 rather than the Galil(if say the galil had the ammo capacity and strength of the famas in zombies)...

They Kept old guns because people Loved, I loved, how great they were...but they can just as easily put a gun in the box and make it's shooting mechanics, fire rate, bullet spread pattern, and strength comparable to the galil and people would then LOVE that gun...Why try to keep remnants of what was just because it was good...There were great guns in WaW there were all discarded in the transition to BO1...so why has that not occured with BO2...I know I'm knitpicking with the galil...but I am sincerely upset with the Fal returning as the BO1 iteration and still being PaP'ed into a triple burst...

I can understand guns such as the olympia and M14 returning as they have no new iteration(updated design) in BO 2, but why have the older guns that do in fact have new iterations returned to BO2...

Please tell me how you feel...I know (and yes I really am upset with the Fal in particular haha) I would love that the Fal would become the new iteration...being able to be PaP'ed to a still single-shot and then having a select-fire on it...but thats just me...

Please share your opinions and(reasonable) wishes for change to old guns becoming existing BO2 guns as well...I would love for Treyarch to take note of this...

Thank You for any support...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay first of all id like to say hi! Second of all the weapons connect to the story in some way because in NTZ (nuketown zombies) it says when you are choosing the map "a place where the future and past collide"... i hope that helps ya!

okay first of all id like to say hi! Second of all the weapons connect to the story in some way because in NTZ (nuketown zombies) it says when you are choosing the map "a place where the future and past collide"... i hope that helps ya!

Certain weapons obviously are still viable...i.e. ballistic knives being needed for the die rise easter egg...but I'm not talking about changing all the weapons, just the ones that have new iterations...especially the Fal...

And Nuketown is referrring to the fact that the future characters i.e. Marelton was in the bunker when the missiles from Black Ops 1 hit the earth in the ending of Nuketown Zombies in Black ops 2...Showing that the new characters and the new saga of characters and story starts when collideing via the events of Black ops 1's easter egg which nukes the earth their on... The weapons in the box or the wall have no relevancy to the nuketown phrase before selecting the map...I believe...

Thank you for sharing though, and Hello :)

• Administrators

I really want to say it's because of the nostalgia factor. You had conditioning weapons such as the Galil, MP5, and Ak74-u that are very effective if you know how to use them adequately. Then you have beginner weapons like the Olympia and M14 that make good starting guns. To say why didn't they apply this with World at War guns with Black Ops, it may or may not have to do with us getting the revamped classic maps as a part of the Hardened Edition/Rezzurection DLC.

My favorite wall gun from BO:1 did not return. The MP40. That is a bummer.

However, the new guns are pretty much just revamped clones, if you ask me. Take the LMGs for example. In BO:1 we had the HK21 and the RPK, among others, but for argument's sake we'll just compare these two. In BO:2 we have the HAMR and the RPD. This is a no brainer. HK21=HAMR, RPK=RPD. They are only cosmetically different, to me.

I find myself in love with the LSAT in NTZ, starting to really enjoy the AN-94, but absolutely loving the MP5 + M16 combination in Green Run. That's probably the greatest thing about the new guns...I have learned to appreciate guns I overlooked in BO:1, the M16 especially.

Did you ever play World at War? I'm guessing the reason the MP40 isn't in the BO2 maps because that would have made three separate game appearances. Knowing the CoD community, many people would argue about this, saying Treyarch has no originality, no talent, etc.

Anyway, on-topic. I think the reason we have both kinds of weapons is perhaps story related. Green Run and Nuketown had a mix of both, whereas Great Leap Forward has more "future" weapons, like the PDW and AN-94. The farther we get into the maps, the further we get in the time periods, and eventually, perhaps, there won't be any more Black Ops weapons.

It's a pretty loose theory, but it's really the only explanation I have.

I really want to say it's because of the nostalgia factor. You had conditioning weapons such as the Galil, MP5, and Ak74-u that are very effective if you know how to use them adequately. Then you have beginner weapons like the Olympia and M14 that make good starting guns. To say why didn't they apply this with World at War guns with Black Ops, it may or may not have to do with us getting the revamped classic maps as a part of the Hardened Edition/Rezzurection DLC.

Yeah I understand the fundamentals of having certain guns for certain skill levels...and honestlu I dont advocate changing guns such as the olympia or m14...and I do understand that there is a level of nostalgia to keep...but some guns the nostalgia was relatviley, unpleasurable...i.e. the fal(yes I am mainly upset with the fal but also do wish for other guns to be updated as well) being PaP'ed into a triple shot which ruins the gun as the sole purpose of wanting to use it is being able to shoot it as its fundamental mechanics are meant to be used... and also I do believe that the Black ops 1 iteration of many guns were the worst in visual appeal...

@Flammenwerfer

Yeah I'm wondering if there is some correlation or some relevancy to keeping old guns once more maps come out...and I love how they added more futuristic guns in die rise...but what I dont get is if theyre going to implement new weapons on the wall and in the box...shouldnt it follow the time period i.e. why isnt the mp5 the mp7...its the newer iteration and fits with that time period...so why hasn't it been updated... I don't know if it's laziness or intentional... but I'm slightly tired of making excuses for why some things are and aren't in Die Rise and varying zombie maps...

However, the new guns are pretty much just revamped clones, if you ask me. Take the LMGs for example. In BO:1 we had the HK21 and the RPK, among others, but for argument's sake we'll just compare these two. In BO:2 we have the HAMR and the RPD. This is a no brainer. HK21=HAMR, RPK=RPD. They are only cosmetically different, to me.

I find myself in love with the LSAT in NTZ, starting to really enjoy the AN-94, but absolutely loving the MP5 + M16 combination in Green Run. That's probably the greatest thing about the new guns...I have learned to appreciate guns I overlooked in BO:1, the M16 especially.

While some are revamped and re-skinned versions of guns with the same exact shooting mechanics as their precursor, I would argue that some guns arent the exact same as their potential counter-part in BO1 zombies...

and also if most guns are simply revamped versions, why haven't older guns been revamped and skinned yet others have...such as the fal not being the new fal in BO2 multiplayer, as all they would have to do is simply change the skin not re-design an entire new one as it's already in the game, or the mp5 which should be the mp7...

Honestly to me it just seems like theyd rather keep certain guns and their(relativley poor)PaP'ed versions and old shotty attachments simply because it's easier then having to design new attachments for the mp"7" and the fal, even if easier is simply not having to take several seconds to re-skin them...

And obviously I realize I'm knitpicking at insignificant stuff in relation to all that is BO zombies... and that as a whole I'd say zombies is still immensly fun...but still we pay for a new game, I feel it should have the "new" versions and mechanics of whatever is in that game, rather than just being lazy and keeping old guns/skins/mechanics simply to save minscule amounts of time and money...

Keeping the weapons in was intentional, and not a form of laziness. The MP5 was not in Black Ops, the MP5k was instead. It has a different model than the MP5 of Black Ops II, making it more time-consuming to put that in than putting in the model from the previous game.

Also, it wouldn't be hard to add the MP7 in place of the MP5. There's a reason as to why they haven't, but it sure isn't laziness.

I can only speak of the differences between Zombies games, as, in my experience, the MP guns and the Z guns have never been strictly related, only loosely.

Oh, how I craved to use the MP40 in MP BO:1, but I digress.

I see what you are saying and I agree, but I don't think the (lack of) updated weaponry is a hint at all to storyline timeframes, with the exception of a few guns here and there, i.e. LSAT, SVU... I think it's more just the Zombies devs trying to establish some game staples, or being lazy.

Off-topic:

You really bash the FAL, my 3rd favorite box gun...It's always been 3 burst PaPed, even in BO:1. Why do you hate it so much? I think it's awesome, especially when you aim strictly for head shots. The burst in higher rounds almost ensures a headshot kill, whereas non PaPed you still have to spam the trigger and end up shooting 3-4 bullets anyways...

I just got the motivation for a more in-depth reply to this post. Let me say outright: I do not agree.

For those confused about the thread title:

This is soley about the guns

When they initially brought WaW zombies and then made BO 1 zombies they didn't even hesitate with having all new guns, whether it be on the wall, in the mystery box...EVERYWHERE...

Not true. The Classic Maps had old guns and new guns. For those of us that got the game promptly, we had a mix of WaW and BO guns.

But with Blacks ops 1 zombies being what brang Zombies over the top and to most peoples attention (most, not all, as I understand most still love the precursor that is WaW zombies) They decided to keep guns from Black ops 1 over to Black ops 2...WHY

Now EVERYONE can have a mix of BO and BOII guns. Isn't that what so many people wanted? Equality?

I'm not talking about the zombie specific weapons such as the monkey bombs, ray gun...ect... I'm referring to the guns used in multiplayer and cam,paign alike...

Okay...

Now at first I was furious and confused that tranzit had no new wall guns (aside from the remington) but then with the release of Die Rise I understood that this decision was because tranzit was in the past(I think) and therefore they kept the weapons from that time frame but in Die Rise, being in the future, they added guns such as the PDW, AN-94, and SVU to the wall...BUT the box guns and MANY other wall guns are still here...

Again...WHY

Well it wasn't in the past, but it definitely had a '60's feel. There is logic to it. Box guns typically stay the same from map to map. Of course there are exceptions. You could get the Type 100 in Der Riese even though the Type 100 is from Japan. You could get the AK74u in Kino der Toten even though the gun hadn't been invented yet. General but not specifics are best when dealing with the logic of guns.

Why hasn't the mp5 become the mp7, why hasnt the Fal in the box become the new Fal from Black ops 2 multiplayer... I loved the Fal ever since they (unfortunatley) took out the G3 from MW 1 and introduced the Fal as the new single-shot semi-automatic gun...But the Black ops 1 Fal in my opinion was the most visually unnattractive iteration of the gun...The new Fal looks significantly better...and even if not...The new fal would be so much more fun...

That is simply your opinion. Some people like the gun they have. Some don't. Who are you to say what everyone SHOULD have? I like variety, so I would like both, but it didn't happen. Oh well.

The current Fal is great out of box, but PaP'ed its terrible as it changes the entire gun mechanics to a triple burst...causing an immense waste of ammunition and simply an unfavorable feel to a gun thats supposed to be a single shot...I would love to see the BO2 Fal in the box...when being PaP'ed remaining a single-shot(which is why I use it in the first place) with maybe attachments such as a possible, Holographic, Select-Fire, and whatever else may seem fitting...

The FAL is the same as it was in Black Ops. Literally the only thing changed was the prefix of the name.

I understand they kept the galil...But the ONLY reason people love the Galil is because IT'S the Galil...let me explain...the reason people love the Galil is because it was easily one of the strongest guns in multiplayer and in zombies...but if the Famas was the best gun in multiplayer(which some may argue, not me, but some) and the best in zombies then people would have wanted the famas to return in BO2 rather than the Galil(if say the galil had the ammo capacity and strength of the famas in zombies)...

Of course. What exactly is the problem? The Galil stayed because it had been the best bullet gun thus far ever. So Treyarch let us keep it. However, it has met its match with the futuristic weaponry.

They Kept old guns because people Loved, I loved, how great they were...but they can just as easily put a gun in the box and make it's shooting mechanics, fire rate, bullet spread pattern, and strength comparable to the galil and people would then LOVE that gun...Why try to keep remnants of what was just because it was good...There were great guns in WaW there were all discarded in the transition to BO1...so why has that not occured with BO2...I know I'm knitpicking with the galil...but I am sincerely upset with the Fal returning as the BO1 iteration and still being PaP'ed into a triple burst...

Stats aren't as simple as that. You can't just add in numbers willy-nilly. It loses balance when you do it. They have to go through a screening process of how many of which guns to use. Notice that there are never more than three LMGs in a level?

I can understand guns such as the olympia and M14 returning as they have no new iteration(updated design) in BO 2, but why have the older guns that do in fact have new iterations returned to BO2...

Actually they do. The Hades is different than it was before, and the M14 has a new model.

Please tell me how you feel...I know (and yes I really am upset with the Fal in particular haha) I would love that the Fal would become the new iteration...being able to be PaP'ed to a still single-shot and then having a select-fire on it...but thats just me...

Please share your opinions and(reasonable) wishes for change to old guns becoming existing BO2 guns as well...I would love for Treyarch to take note of this...

Thank You for any support...

I am a fan of variety. I want AS MANY weapons as possible. I want lots and lots. It's so fun to have variety. You're looking at the glass half empty. You see it as the choice to include old weapons took the place of having more new weapons. You don't know that it. The actual choice may have been to have only new weapons versus having them as well as some old ones. They may have been NICE in giving you something, but you just want more. It's understandable, we all want more. But there's no reason to get all upset about it.

Nice post MMX, I mostly agree with you and I also can see where the OP is coming from.

I think changing more of the wall weapons would have been nice. I'm glad Die Rise added the new ones they did. I'm not too concerned either way; I'm sure they will continue to add plenty of new weapons. And the other drastic changes that have been made mean this is definitely Black Ops 2, not 1.5 .

Just to point out quickly, he was saying that he wished the FAL was the BO II multiplayer version; rather than them bringing back BO I version. Which I agree has a pretty ugly skin.

Doubt that would have changed how the gun or it's PaP'd version perform though.

Has anyone entertained the possibility that they plan on adding several new wall weapons with every DLC as initiative to buy them, for this very reason? You not only pay for the normal new features with DLC (new map and wonder weapon) but for the first time an arsenal of kick-ass new normal weapons. As has been stated this is what lots of us wanted after the initial disappointment (I personally wasn't disappointed at all but speaking for others) of several returning weapons instead of new ones. It creates another selling point.

In not betraying treyarch; I was going to buy all the DLC anyway (season pass woot woot) and now I get even MORE STUFF! YAY STUFF!

Those are my thoughts.

So much text from you all... tl;dr :mrgreen:

You got the point in the OP ;) We love the old guns and without them, we would be disappointed. On the other hand, when they show up again, people say it's BO 1.5. People always grumble.

Treyarch managed that perfectly. A perfect mix between new and old stuff - not only in the gun section, also in other sections of the game.

@MurderMachineX

I find it amusing that you completely disregarded and overlooked every post,statement, and sentence I made that wouldn't fit me into your quick assumption, but I'll try my best not to do the same of you... and if you could refrain from over-insinuating you'd realize that I said I was upset with the fal and alot of things, but not once did I say that I was upset at treyarch, or with treyarch...I could say I'm upset at a drunk for having consumed an entire bottle of peach vodka, you would be quick to assume that I'm upset that he allowed himself to drink a whole bottle, while I could just as easily be upset because he simply didn't offer me a dagum drink...but nonetheless

First of all:

Kurasaki wrote:Why hasn't the mp5 become the mp7, why hasnt the Fal in the box become the new Fal from Black ops 2 multiplayer... I loved the Fal ever since they (unfortunatley) took out the G3 from MW 1 and introduced the Fal as the new single-shot semi-automatic gun...But the Black ops 1 Fal in my opinion was the most visually unnattractive iteration of the gun...The new Fal looks significantly better...and even if not...The new fal would be so much more fun...

That is simply your opinion. Some people like the gun they have. Some don't. Who are you to say what everyone SHOULD have? I like variety, so I would like both, but it didn't happen. Oh well.

I literally said that it was my opinion and my opinion alone but thank you for completely overlooking that and reiterating exactley what I had said...and no I never said people should have to like it my way...

Secondly:

Kurasaki wrote:The current Fal is great out of box, but PaP'ed its terrible as it changes the entire gun mechanics to a triple burst...causing an immense waste of ammunition and simply an unfavorable feel to a gun thats supposed to be a single shot...I would love to see the BO2 Fal in the box...when being PaP'ed remaining a single-shot(which is why I use it in the first place) with maybe attachments such as a possible, Holographic, Select-Fire, and whatever else may seem fitting...

The FAL is the same as it was in Black Ops. Literally the only thing changed was the prefix of the name.

You completely misunderstood every single comment that I was trying to address...I realize the Fal is the exact same in relation to it's mechanics...that why I love it, before it's PaP'ed, but PaP'ed I was stating I would prefer for it to be a single shot still which would indeed be something "different" that I would be looking for and would enjoy but with the current state of the way guns change attachment wise, the new fal would have to be implemented, when I said I would like the fal to be the black ops 2 fal I meant aesthetically, but obviously you missed the mark on that as well...

Thirdly:

Kurasaki wrote:I understand they kept the galil...But the ONLY reason people love the Galil is because IT'S the Galil...let me explain...the reason people love the Galil is because it was easily one of the strongest guns in multiplayer and in zombies...but if the Famas was the best gun in multiplayer(which some may argue, not me, but some) and the best in zombies then people would have wanted the famas to return in BO2 rather than the Galil(if say the galil had the ammo capacity and strength of the famas in zombies)...

Of course. What exactly is the problem? The Galil stayed because it had been the best bullet gun thus far ever. So Treyarch let us keep it. However, it has met its match with the futuristic weaponry.

I'm saying the want of returning weapons such as the Galil is because of how powerful it was...but if they used a new gun with the exact same shooting mechanics then it wouldnt be missed...

Fourthly:

Kurasaki wrote:They Kept old guns because people Loved, I loved, how great they were...but they can just as easily put a gun in the box and make it's shooting mechanics, fire rate, bullet spread pattern, and strength comparable to the galil and people would then LOVE that gun...Why try to keep remnants of what was just because it was good...There were great guns in WaW there were all discarded in the transition to BO1...so why has that not occured with BO2...I know I'm knitpicking with the galil...but I am sincerely upset with the Fal returning as the BO1 iteration and still being PaP'ed into a triple burst...

Stats aren't as simple as that. You can't just add in numbers willy-nilly. It loses balance when you do it. They have to go through a screening process of how many of which guns to use. Notice that there are never more than three LMGs in a level?

How difficult would it be to use the gun mechanics of the galil, fal, mp 7, anything and then re-skin it with another gun aesthetic...modders do it all the time...it's horrendously easy...and if a billion dollar grossing company cant find employees that can do what modders do for "fun" I feel there is a problem...

Fifthly:

Kurasaki wrote:I can understand guns such as the olympia and M14 returning as they have no new iteration(updated design) in BO 2, but why have the older guns that do in fact have new iterations returned to BO2...

Actually they do. The Hades is different than it was before, and the M14 has a new model.

Obviously the olympia and m14 have different models than the previous BO1...dag the fal has a different model then BO1, obviously they have a different model as they had to slightly re-texture the guns for them to fit in a new or simply re-vamped engine, but thank you for stating the obvious...

Finally:

I am a fan of variety. I want AS MANY weapons as possible. I want lots and lots. It's so fun to have variety. You're looking at the glass half empty. You see it as the choice to include old weapons took the place of having more new weapons. You don't know that it. The actual choice may have been to have only new weapons versus having them as well as some old ones. They may have been NICE in giving you something, but you just want more. It's understandable, we all want more. But there's no reason to get all upset about it.

Why are you not thanking Treyarch for keeping some old guns rather than berating them? I wish they had kept the MP40. It would've then been the only bullet gun to be in all three games. (The M1911 doesn't really count since the Colt M1911 Pack-A-Punched into something different.) I like it.

And obviously I realize I'm knitpicking at insignificant stuff in relation to all that is BO zombies... and that as a whole I'd say zombies is still immensly fun...

I literally said I love black ops zombies...or rather immensly enjoy it... and I stated I'm obviously knitpicking yet as a whole (glass half full if it helps you understand) enjoy the experience that is zombies...I'm not berating treyarch...and if u believe I am you seriously need to step off the white-knight act and realize I'm simply talking about what I would enjoy, and to some extent should have been done fal-wise(my opinion thank you), within the game...but I at no point called out treyarch saying I'm upset with them, I made shotty statements as to whether or not their being lazy or intentional, but they were sincere inquirys that I(whether I'm leaning towards one of the other) have not concluded upon either...

But thank you, thank you for portraying a perfect embodiment of how the media abuses and mis-quotes transcripts to their own liking and assumptions...that was a great experience...

I'm not gonna lie...you made an amazing thread on the potential history of zombies and I commend you for that...but as far as the way in which you reply to threads I must say it's relativley off-putting...but that's just my opinion...though I'm sure you will help me understand and reiterate that it is indeed my opinion...OBVIOUSLY I dont need to tell you, to tell me, to tell..u..about...somebody...telling things about opinions...yeah...

Just to point out quickly, he was saying that he wished the FAL was the BO II multiplayer version; rather than them bringing back BO I version. Which I agree has a pretty ugly skin.

Doubt that would have changed how the gun or it's PaP'd version perform though.

Thank you for being the only one who understood any of what I was attempting to say in regards to the fal...sincerely...I'm glad someone at least understood what I was attemtping to convey, agreement or no

I didn't read a good majority of the posts in this thread. As Tom said, tl;dr.

In all honesty, I feel they just made futuristic equivalents to the Black Ops guns and threw them in the box.

Commando --> MTAR

Spas --> S12

L96A1 --> DSR

HK21 --> RPD

I could go on forever.

That beings said, though, there are a couple of truly new additions to the box (the Executioner comes to mind).

So, yeah. I don't have much to add on this debate. Guns are guns—as long as we can kill zombies efficiently and creatively, I am happy.

I hate to be that guy but.... The box weapons are based on one thing and one thing only.... THE CAMPAIGN!!! Thats the reason the Galil is there as well as the FAL, Python, Barret, RPD, etc. The Barret and RPD weren't even in the original Black Ops they are only in the box because they were in the BO2 campaign. Why they used the BO1 FAL instead of the BO2 FAL? I have no idea. Maybe they just want to switch up what guns you can get between each map like the m27 and Lsat only being in Nuketown, and the PDW and AN-94 being only in Die Rise. Regardless, if it isn't in the BO2 campaign you probably wont see it (Not counting wonder weapons of course).

I like the both the old and new guns, but my only issue is with the horrible ADS on the SMR, Mtar and Type 25. You can be standing a foot from a wall and ADS and the bullets do not even hit anywhere close to where your sight is aiming. It is like a constant hip fire and in turn makes those 3 guns pretty weak.(SMR especially).

I am not sure if this is a bug or if 3arc did this on purpose because they felt they were too overpowered. When you PAP, they shoot straight again so my guess is that it was not intentional.