When is the correct time to use Double Tap?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any and every time...It used to be in my opinion terrible as it wasted you ammunition faster than one could pull the trigger...but now it hase the ability to shoot two bullets for every one bullet...inevitably DOUBLING the strength of any gun...it is amazing and is an immensly benefricial perk to have honestly...my perk consumption in Die Rise- If all goes as planned is:

Juggernog

Double tap

Speed Cola

Quick Revive/Mule Kick(whichever seems more pertinent at the time)

Quick Revive/Mule Kick(whichever wasnt recieved earlier)

Whos Who

Any and every time...It used to be in my opinion terrible as it wasted you ammunition faster than one could pull the trigger...but now it hase the ability to shoot two bullets for every one bullet...inevitably DOUBLING the strength of any gun...it is amazing and is an immensly benefricial perk to have honestly...my perk consumption in Die Rise- If all goes as planned is:

Juggernog

Double tap

Speed Cola

Quick Revive/Mule Kick(whichever seems more pertinent at the time)

Quick Revive/Mule Kick(whichever wasnt recieved earlier)

Whos Who

I know its amazing, I'm not saying its terrible. I got double tap by round 14. I was depleted by 21. i couldn't make it to the jumping jack's round. which was 24. I died in round 23. with no ammo. so my question is when is the appropriate time to get double tap? Oh, I was running pap'd an-94(depleted), pap'd pdw 57(depleted), and a sliquifier(depleted). I'm pretty sure that if i wasnt running Double tap in such an early round i wouldn't have died and kept playing. :(

Note:What I'm trying to say is, when is the appropriate time to get Double Tap? In which round? Which round so i don't deplete my ammo in such low rounds, that is my dilemma.

DT2 doesn't use more ammo, it doesn't use 2 bullets per shot, it actually splits your 1 bullet into 2 as it comes out.

so for all intents and purposes, it doubles your ammo/damage capability.

to test buy a sniper rifle and ADS with DT2. shoot 1 bullet. you will have 1 less bullet but see 2 trails from the 1 bullet that left the rifle.

see the updated emblem for DT2.0

it actually splits the bullets.

DT2 doesn't use more ammo, it doesn't use 2 bullets per shot, it actually splits your 1 bullet into 2 as it comes out.

so for all intents and purposes, it doubles your ammo/damage capability.

to test buy a sniper rifle and ADS with DT2. shoot 1 bullet. you will have 1 less bullet but see 2 trails from the 1 bullet that left the rifle.

see the updated emblem for DT2.0

it actually splits the bullets.

I see, I see. But why does it feel like i'm wasting so much ammo in such little time? I mean in tranzit i always ran double tap but i never felt this depleted even with two weapons. even with a galil, and hamr i rarely ran out of ammo. but in die rise it happens to me often. I don't know maybe because i dont kite/train in die rise, and in tranzit i did, but uhhh... >.>

If i can continue asking questions what other two guns can i use besides the an-94 if i'm leaning towards a camping class? I would train/kite in the buddah room, but i just don't feel comfortable doing that. It's more of a fear that if i get down no one can come get me. How do i surpass this fear?

i am not a pro but...

play with people you have more confidence in.

get who's who, learn the mechanics of how it works.

just do it, the more your practice the more you learn and easier it gets.

the thing that helped me the most with learning to train is realizing that there can only ever be 24 zombies behind you at one time. idk why but this really helped me calm down and focus and not freak out lol.

you can camp with a big ammo weapon up in that no spawn corner, you better have speed cola at least cause you will need to reload fast. but camping alone will only get you so far, for me round 12-15 at max. then you are going to have to train if you're by yourself.*

as far as camping though, with speed cola, get a pap hamr, rdp, and an-94 and blow through that ammo, learn to put the trample steam on the broken pillar to fling yourself back up and grab an94 ammo between rounds. these things will help.

*depends on how many zombies you get as opposed to the other 3 players, you will have to train eventually though.

Depending on where you are trianing/camping is what gun I would go with.

Buddah - use the AN94 use the tramposteam to jump up and reload your ammo

Dragon room- use the PDW or sniper on the wall

Power/Sliquifier area - use the AK74U

Roof top/Sweat shop- use the MP5

Room with hole in the floor- you could argue using the M16 on the wall by the OG box location

Typically you want to run a wall gun so you can always get more ammo.

I tend to use my wall gun in killing the slow ones while training up, then use the M&S and or Sliquifier to kill the train.

Hope this helps.

i am not a pro but...

play with people you have more confidence in.

get who's who, learn the mechanics of how it works.

just do it, the more your practice the more you learn and easier it gets.

the thing that helped me the most with learning to train is realizing that there can only ever be 24 zombies behind you at one time. idk why but this really helped me calm down and focus and not freak out lol.

you can camp with a big ammo weapon up in that no spawn corner, you better have speed cola at least cause you will need to reload fast. but camping alone will only get you so far, for me round 12-15 at max. then you are going to have to train if you're by yourself.*

as far as camping though, with speed cola, get a pap hamr, rdp, and an-94 and blow through that ammo, learn to put the trample steam on the broken pillar to fling yourself back up and grab an94 ammo between rounds. these things will help.

*depends on how many zombies you get as opposed to the other 3 players, you will have to train eventually though.

With a packed AN94 & Double Tap, ONLY going for headshots you can camp in the no spawn corner of the buddah room going into the low 20's on solo and I did it going into the high 20's on multiplayer (with all other players alive) before I started to train.

good points matt, my preferred setup is...

jugg, mule kick, double tap, who's who.

pap'd PDW - i run the dragon room, i always have ammo.

pap'd an-94 - awesome ammo capacity.

pap'd hamr - in a perfect world i get this from the box, crazy ammo and decent reload time.

strategy, use the an-94 and hamr first, always, leaving the PDW as a last resort should i run out of ammo. if i do, i use the pdw and get ammo if needed, this doesnt happen a lot.

awesome players use the ray gun and mustang and sally, im not awesome, splash damage scares me lol, so i dont use them.

if you run the buddha room you dont have a wall gun so you need to learn to use that trample steam to get up there and buy ammo....it sucks. :P

With a packed AN94 & Double Tap, ONLY going for headshots you can camp in the no spawn corner of the buddah room going into the low 20's on solo and I did it going into the high 20's on multiplayer (with all other players alive) before I started to train.

well pin a rose on your nose....heheh

lol, really though, i don't think i have ever sat up there with a PAP's anything, ever. sounds doable though.

Double-Tap Root Beer is a great Perk. Double-Tap Root Beer II is an amazing Perk. I always get II. However, there are circumstances where you actually would be better off without it. For example, if you are in the extremely high rounds, using a Wonder Weapon or a Special Weapon, bullets won't matter to you. You should consider getting something instead of Double Tap II since you won't be using it very much. For example, the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 is the main source of killing in the reeeeally high Rounds in TranZit. There's no need for Double Tap II then. However, I say get it when possible UNLESS in a situation such as that.

Also Double Tap with the m870 is fucking beast

Without it the shotgun stops 1hit killing at like level 7 then when you get the perk it 1hkills again until like 12 and then when you p-a-p it you get 1hkills again until 21 and with speed cola it's even better.

• Administrators

Double Tap II is essential no matter what style you are into, unless you have Wonder Weapons has previously stated. If you're focusing on headshots, I can guarantee you that you won't have to really worry about ammo consumption. I even use it with the MP5 will training in the sweatshop. It's a lifesaver when you need that extra damage counter to get out of sticky horde situations.

Honestly like I said earlier it's a near essential perk for anyone and everyone...there really is no "good" time to grab it...there are definitely times in which you "shouldnt" grab it...but none come to mind where I would say...What the FUDGESTICKS you havent got Double Tap...

Honeslty if your running through your ammo before you can make it to the boss round then your probably not conserving ammunition adequatley, that or your on a ridiculously high round, but that doesnt seem to be the case as youve stated...dont take it personal everyone has had this problem at one point...the best way to defend against wasting ammunition is honestly to go for headshots whenever and however possible(not sure the exact damage modifier but in rounds 30 plus there are guns that will take half an entire magazinge to kill a zombie to the body but still only 3 bullets or so to the head...)...

Try this as this helped me significantly: TURN OFF AIM-ASSIST...I never realized how detrimental it was till I really paid close attention and realized that aim-assist not only occasionally aims you at a zombie that you werent trying to kill, but it also aims you right directly below their neck...greatly hindering the ability to damage said zombie...

After that simply learn when and when not to shoot your gun(yes there are times that it is advised not to waste ammunition)

As far as learning to train...play solo, go to tranzit, and run trains at the farm where the bus stops...theres an Immense amount of wiggle room to use and essentially no obstacles(just note where the "actual" fog starts and ends)...which allows one to learn how to effectivley train...

And as far as camping...with a good team, or even on solo die rise...I've managed to camp out till roughly round 34ish before I feel its a good time to train...I like to camp to run through the low rounds then I LOVE training once the flesh starts spilling...

Thats my advice hope it helps...and dont worry about asking if you need clarification

Also learn to shoot in bursts...or simply to ease off holding the trigger down when shooting automatics...there are only rare occasions that I ever hold the trigger down i.e. if I'm about to be demolished and overrun, but as long as the hoard/zombie/zombies seem managable try shooting short consecutive bursts to the head...to get a feel for the gun and how it shoots...rather than just spraying at them aimlessly

agreed bobane.

when camping the remington room, its nice to have it there in case someone needs anothe gun mid round. pap with dt2 and speed it is a monster.

how do you get dt2??

dt2= double tap 2.0 which is what the perk in transit/ die rise is actually called.

agreed bobane.

when camping the remington room, its nice to have it there in case someone needs anothe gun mid round. pap with dt2 and speed it is a monster.

how do you get dt2??

dt² is "with respect to time" however t is squared, that is to say the second derivative with respect to time. You would use it when dealing with differential calculus in higher time derivatives.

Here is my advice.

Firstly get perma-jug. That will help you out when I explain in a sec.

I suggest you take others' advice about mastering some trains. however if you choose to continue camping...

For a player like me who runs trains I could honestly buy it before juggernog. If for example it is right next to the power switch in die rise and jug is nowhere to be found I will go ahead and buy it. then I will have a decent weapon (PDW or AN as per my strategy) which can one hit kill to the head. Then even if I'm backed into a corner (as per YOUR camping strategy) they can't touch me.

Then once you get jug you're set. What I mean is that you should seriously buy it as soon as possible.

Now, if you are in a situation where it is just as easy to buy one or the other I would suggest you buy jug. If you are uncertain in your ability to survive without jug then prioritize it. If you have perma jug like I said then you should have no problem choosing between the two. Go ahead and reach for the root beer shelf.

As for your ammo dilemma, there is no reason why it should be depleting ammo so much more quickly. Using a train strategy with a PDW unupgraded on round 15-20 with double tap can clear an entire train of 24 zombies with one magazine. True story. With camping you would feel obligated to go for a three or four round burst to the chest / head, which would almost double the average amount of bullets per kill compared to camping.

So yeah.

Trains = great

Double-tap II = awesome

Trains + Double-tap II = epic winning

I think the main points were said ;)

Be aware how much damage you really do with Double Tap. Especially when you combine it with Headpopper, your damage goes crazy. There is no need to shoot with an automatic weapon for 2 second in Round 15. One or Two bullets, shot in 0.2 seconds, pwn the zombs. I think that is the reason why your ammo depletes so fast - you still shoot although the zombie is dead.

Hitting multiple zombies (doing trains) at once will also save tons of ammo (just guessing, but i'd say up to 80%), since you hit multiple ones. Always also make sure to aim for the head.

If you like to camp, there is a row of intersting guns that work well. However, they don't work for trains ;) Check e.g. the Python upgraded, M14 upgraded, Voice of Justice, Olympia - all do massive damage against one zombo [make sure to have headpopper and dt2 though]. E.g. the Python oneshots up to R33 approx.

Trains + Double-tap II = epic winning

This, + headpopper though for the epicness :)