Maxis Easter Egg Conflict- "REINCARNATION IS KEY"

Kurasaki

So I've been trying tirelessly to do Maxis' side and it seems that everytime we get to the reincarnation part it fails to allow us to move past the step...

We get the ballistic knife and PAP it and shoot it at the buddhas, the floor, each other...but no dice...I know some people say theres different mean to do this...but was that maybe a glitch that was patched and now it has to be done a certain way...?...

Could someone shed light as far as what they have done (prefferably after the patch) for the reincarnation step...

Much Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been disproved as it was confirmed that you could just shoot the knife in the room...but that was before the patch as maybe it was a glitch and they fixed it...regardless though we tried having Russman go down with whos who and reviving him with ballistics but no dice, the dude who shot it wasnt Samuel but I thought that renacting the cutscene was unecessary...just curious to see what has worked for people recently...prefferably after the patch...

i have done it after patch (feb 20th patch) im pretty sure and we got it. a trick is to either have 2 or atleast 1 person leave when your charging up zombie kills for maxis in the buddha room. we failed like twice only because we all ended up going down for silly reasons but the third time was key and it only took like 2-3 roounds to charge up the kills and boom next round we kept a crawler shot the knives did the last few steps and boom done. i can maybe help you tonight if you want after about 8:30pm UTC-05:00 (us and canada)

Got the achievement after the patch. What we did was have Russman buy Who's Who and down himself in the Buddha room (When we were at the reincarnation step) Samuel had the Pap'd Ballistic Knife. When Russman hit the ground, Samuel revived him with the upgraded Ballistic Knife. The odd part, however, is the FIRST time Samuel shot, he MISSED Russman, and it still allowed us to continue with the EE. We eventually revived him with the next shot, but after watching theater mode a couple times, I am certain the first shot missed Russman, and simply hit the floor. So, I have no idea what the step officially is...

• Administrators

Hm, some new ideas on how to accomplish the step that I've never heard of. Very nice. :)

I found that you'll need to make sure that you hear Maxis correctly when his quotes are triggered. I've heard him say "Reincarnation is key" prior to even mentioning "the enlightened one". When you kill a zombie or two in the Buddha Room, he will tell you to kill even more. Eventually (which is several rounds of killing), he will tell you to stop and repeat his reincarnation quote.

This part gets tricky, but is fairly reasonable. You can accomplish it with any character, so long as the player who goes downed does so by a zombie and they are revived via Krauss Refibrillator. Do this a few times until you hear the next quote.

• Administrators

No one needs to go down. Just check the other steps. Make sure you aren't getting ahead of yourself. Sometimes the quote can be said prematurely.

Even if it is said prior to the actual timing of the trigger, the step cannot advance until it is actually done. I've just done the Side Quest for Maxis three nights ago, and we got the reincarnation quote prematurely. We were stuck inside the Buddha Room until Maxis repeated himself before we could advance to the orbs.

I am not ashamed to say I have failed on this Easter Egg several times.

Once during last step with knuckles.

And all other times (>15) it was in Buddha room.

You don't have to sacrifice any one. Just shoot PAP ballistics or Krauss Refribilator in Buddha room.

I always get stuck by the part where we need to kill zombies. Maxis says he needs more kills. All 4 of us stayed in that room for several rounds (more than 10 rounds once) and nothing happened.

Someone said here that try having few Players Outside the room. That is just brilliant. Will try that.

But I can assure you don't need to sacrifice any players. Once you hear Maxis says enough with zombie kills shoot the knife and you are done with that step.

Hope that helps.

Yea this step is actually pretty easy if you have teammates listening to you. First set of teammates I tried it with camped up next to the teddy bear and wouldn't kill next to the statues. You have to kill them next to the statues.

And yes the quote can be glitched and said before you even kill a zombie. We heard it and was like wtf, we haven't even killed any zombies yet. Procedded to wait till the last zombie walked over to the statue, killed him and got the quote saying we need more blood. Got to round 7 got the reincarnation is key quote the second time and pap the balistic knife and shot the statue in its nipple and got the quote saying next step.

I've also had trouble with this step. Me and my friends have tried the easter egg several times and have gotten stuck on this step twice. We killed zombies in the buddah room for about 4 rounds until Maxis says his reincarnation quote. Then while playing as Marlton I hit the box only twice and got the ballistic knives and then immediately Pack a Punched them. I then shot all the Buddahs, all the walls, the floor, the ceiling, and revived every player with and without who's who all downed by their own grenades and then by zombies. Not a single thing worked and I honestly couldn't understand what went wrong. I later realized that Maxis was supposed to say a quote when PaPing the ballistic knife and he didn't when I did it for some reason. My group is still going to give it a few more goes but I seriously believe that much like the rest of Die Rise it is just really glitchy.