Towers needed to control the zombies?

Jerzy777

When you think back to waw zombies, Richtofen and Maxis were both evil. Before the missiles were launched from the moon, the zombies were controlled by Samantha and her goal was to kill Richthofen and avenge her father. In bo2 zombies richtofen is using the new crew to complete tasks for him. So why would he be trying to kill them with the zombies? I believe that richtofen actually does not have control over them, I believe that they are infected and are trying to eat the survivors out of hunger alone. That is until the towers are back online. When maxis launched the rockets on moon (note there were three of them)people said they distributed 115 on earth. why would he want to make more zombies? I dont think that this was the purpose for the missles. I think that when maxis saw that Richtofen was going to be able to control the zombies he launched the 3 rockets at 3 broadcast towers so that richtofen's power would be limited. Back to the "they're both evil" thing, if the broadcast towers allow for control of the zombies why does maxis want them for himself? He wants the power. This would also explain why Richthofen wants the towers activated, so he can finally have control over the zombies.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat theory, but Maxis wasn't necessarily "evil." He was just a simple man employed under Nazi Germany to help win the war. It isn't clear if he shared the same views as the Nazis, but so far, it doesn't seem like he had any super-malicious intent of taking over the world with zombies. He only followed orders from his higher-ups.

If Richtofen is using the crew to complete tasks for him, why would he try to kill them with zombies? He wouldn't, this is why I believe that he is not in control of the zombies. When Sam was in control, her goal was to avenge her father by sending out the zombies to kill Edward. Richtofen goal: (as of now) activate towers. Why? Sam controlled the zombies when these towers were functioning. Since they are not Richtofen cannot control them. They are simply acting on instinct which is why they try to kill the survivors. Digging even deeper, I doubt maxis designed rockets to spread disease on earth. I think it is much more likely that the 3 rockets sent from moon were designed to wipe out these towers and prevent Richtofen from gaining control. So Richtofen is activating the towers so he can control the zombies, but what does maxis want to do with them? Only time will tell

• Administrators

I'm not sure what happened to your previous topic...but in the future, please avoid reposting the same topic all across the forum. :)

So you are saying that his power is actually not to part with what Samantha's was, and he is trying to solidify such power to control them? That's not a bad perspective to look from, friendo!

I think he does have large control over the zombies. He doesn't want to kill the N4 because he needs them to do complete his tasks. Rather, the zombies are motivation for them to do what he says; otherwise, death. If they fail, he simply resurrects them. This answers the age-old question "Couldn't Richtofen be successful in achieving his goal if he had such powers?". The answer is no - if the crew manages to survive, he cannot control what they do. He only has the tangible power of bringing them back to life.

But you are correct; the towers will increase the magnitude of his power tenfold. With the constant transmitting of energy, he could harness enough to rewrite time as he pleases, "mending the rift". But it's not to say that all his power was obtained purely through him. Another dark entity lies alongside him in the MPD, which might actually be using him as a puppet.

• Administrators

Do you agree that this is a much more sensible reason for maxis launching rockets at earth? I mean if it weren't for Samuel being able to hear Richtofen there is no way that he could reactivate the towers (gain power)

Sensible in the sense that it limits Richtofen's sphere of influence? Yes, because while the size and calculations of the rockets' blast radius nearly wiped-out the whole globe, Maxis succeeded in restricting Richtofen to a devastated planet. You could go into morals and ethics of whether this was the right choice to make, but it won't make a large difference considering that Maxis needed to stop him quickly.

Samuel is only the prime candidate for Richtofen. The audio transmission and Tranzit explains how Richtofen managed to speak to several people and Maxis the same. Richtofen can communicate with anyone, but what happened at Jackass Flats proved that he needed someone who would be more prone to doing his bidding without hesitation. Thus, Samuel became his spokesperson. So yes, Richtofen would not be able to restore the towers without Samuel as his tool.

Do you agree that this is a much more sensible reason for maxis launching rockets at earth? I mean if it weren't for Samuel being able to hear Richtofen there is no way that he could reactivate the towers (gain power)

Sensible in the sense that it limits Richtofen's sphere of influence? Yes, because while the size and calculations of the rockets' blast radius nearly wiped-out the whole globe, Maxis succeeded in restricting Richtofen to a devastated planet. You could go into morals and ethics of whether this was the right choice to make, but it won't make a large difference considering that Maxis needed to stop him quickly.

Samuel is only the prime candidate for Richtofen. The audio transmission and Tranzit explains how Richtofen managed to speak to several people and Maxis the same. Richtofen can communicate with anyone, but what happened at Jackass Flats proved that he needed someone who would be more prone to doing his bidding without hesitation. Thus, Samuel became his spokesperson. So yes, Richtofen would not be able to restore the towers without Samuel as his tool.

I was under the impression that only people who ate "the flesh" could hear Richtofen? Thanks for the response, I'll be sure to brainstorm some more. I wonder what maxis wants with the towers

• Administrators

Those who were part of The Flesh grew closer to Richtofen. They developed symptoms of paranoia, disillusion, schizophrenia, and so on. It just so happened that Samuel fell directly into that category and became a prime suspect of an ex-Flesh cultist. He eventually left them, but the side-effects stayed with him.

Maxis wants power, definitely. Without electrical power, he cannot something as simple as communicate with the crew. Eventually, he will be able to move physical objects and stop Richtofen in some form. What else he is using the towers for, is unknown at the time.

And no problem, friendo. :) Keep 'em coming.

Those who were part of The Flesh grew closer to Richtofen. They developed symptoms of paranoia, disillusion, schizophrenia, and so on. It just so happened that Samuel fell directly into that category and became a prime suspect of an ex-Flesh cultist. He eventually left them, but the side-effects stayed with him.

Maxis wants power, definitely. Without electrical power, he cannot something as simple as communicate with the crew. Eventually, he will be able to move physical objects and stop Richtofen in some form. What else he is using the towers for, is unknown at the time.

Do you have any idea where maxis is? I know Richtofen is in the mpd and I'd imagine that's why he can utilize the towers but I don't know how maxis is capable of using them

Do you have any idea where maxis is? I know Richtofen is in the mpd and I'd imagine that's why he can utilize the towers but I don't know how maxis is capable of using them

Also, since maxis no longer needs the power turned on to communicate in die rise, do you think the story line is advancing on the maxis side of the easter eggs? I cant think of any way that Richtofen has gotten stronger, unless activating the tower in tranzit allowed him the power to teleport the crew. Its kind of odd how no matter what easter egg was completed in transit the results in die rise are exactly the same

This is some awesome thoughts, I was thinking the same thing really. However, there's one big thing that's left out here: a quote from Moon that directly tells us what launching the rockets would accomplish in the first place! After playing Samantha Says thrice, Maxis will say:

"Good. Now that I am in control of the station, we'll have one last chance to sever Edward's link with Earth. Retrieve the artifact, and take it to the launch platform."

Okay, so by launching the rockets, we would be severing the link between Earth and the zombie population there, and the Aether, Richtofen's location. So now it seems as though maybe these polarization towers actually strengthen or amplify the connection with Aether and the zombie army on Earth? If this is the case, it seems to be the reason why Maxis launched the rockets aimed at the tower locations: he wanted to destroy them, and cripple Edward's ties with the zombies, "lessening the damage he could cause". But considering the calculations were off, and the rockets hit NEAR the locations of said towers (i.e. Nuketown), Maxis' Plan B is to activate them himself, commandeer control of the zombies, and then...well, that's all we really know of his plan as of right now.

Maxis is not "evil".

If anything he is a Nazi, and that doesn't make him "evil" in the true sense of the word.

Also the "evil" laugh from moon was put in there in place of a quote from Maxis saying "well I've done all that I can, I only hope my calculations were correct". Something along those lines, but he says it solemnly.

If Richtofen is using the crew to complete tasks for him, why would he try to kill them with zombies? He wouldn't, this is why I believe that he is not in control of the zombies. When Sam was in control, her goal was to avenge her father by sending out the zombies to kill Edward. Richtofen goal: (as of now) activate towers. Why? Sam controlled the zombies when these towers were functioning. Since they are not Richtofen cannot control them. They are simply acting on instinct which is why they try to kill the survivors. Digging even deeper, I doubt maxis designed rockets to spread disease on earth. I think it is much more likely that the 3 rockets sent from moon were designed to wipe out these towers and prevent Richtofen from gaining control. So Richtofen is activating the towers so he can control the zombies, but what does maxis want to do with them? Only time will tell

Actully Samantha's Qoutes when shes in rictofhens body on moon often say not to kill more zombies as it only makes him stronger she would know cause well she knows thats what happened with her.