How did you find out about Zombies Mode?

Wow.....That was, what, 3 years ago?

It all began on the week of an event we call "Street Scenes" at a school. It was the student night when a lot of teens from different schools came. Anyway, it was my friend birthday and we planned to go to the party and sleepover at his house. At the time, i was absolutely trash at zombies and COD in general. But i saw all my friends crowded around the TV. They were playing Ascension. I was really captured by the game. I tried it.....And was immediately downed from the DoD (Dildo of Death). I was screamin' revive me i need help! So after MANY failed attempts, i finally handed over the controller. Then when it was my turn again i went down from the 2 hit. I was liike "DAFUQ? I had like no life!" Then my friend explained and i was like "well F this."

Then later on when i got better, i got the item that would forever seal my fate to this game. I was at the mystery box and pulled out my first Wonderweapon: the Thundergun. I was freaking out askin what it was then they said aim down and shoot. I aim at one zombie who gets blasted to high hell. Im freaking out and my friend just look at me like im stupid. "Dude. you just wasted a shot at one zombie. YOUR SUPPOSED TO WAIT UNTIL YOU GET ALOT!" Anyway, I soon discovered jug, etc, etc.

When i went home I literally ran over to my friends house next door to play. It was so exzilerating (whatever). I never owned an xbox and was graduating that year so i asked my parents for an xbox JUST TO GET ZOMBIES CALL OF THE DEAD. I was literally addicted. I researched my heart out on the game. I wrote a short story in my english class for it (got a B but hey i like it). I became a fanatic.

And that is how i got started into not only Zombies but videogames in general.

All this thanks to that one night. I never forgot it because (sadly) a lot of my current lifestyle is due to that moment.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was around the time when Black Ops was maybe 2 or 3 weeks old. I was looking up Resident Evil 5 walkthroughs on YouTube and a match of the zombie map Five came up in the related part. First time I've seen Zombies Mode anything. It looked very interesting to me.

My first Zombies experience was Nacht, after beating the campaign on WaW. I actually bought the game for my fiancé, but decided to give the campaign a try after watching him play it a bit. I beat it before him, found zombies, and fell in love. I remember pulling the Ray Gun out of the box for the first time. I thought to myself, "Dafuq is this alien weaponry?!" - Good times indeed.

It's become somewhat of an obsession and I've had tons of fun playing it with my fiancé and friends. I'm proud to say I've been playing it with the same three guys since the very beginning, and it's been a blast. We've become so tuned into each other, lol.. makes playing even more fun.

Killing zombies brings me joy.

My best friend was CoD fan (Didn't have a Gen 7 console at the time), so when he invited me over, we played CoD 4 and WaW MP. Than we had a go at Nacht, and I thought "Oh yeah this is kinda cool", but I wouldn't let myself become to attached because I'd have no way to play it anywhere else.

Anyway sometime later, when I was visiting another time, we played Der Riese. And I distinctively remember hearing Tank Dempsey talking, and just thinking what a f**khead and douche he is. A typical American stereotype.

2 years later, I grabbed my first CoD, Black Ops. I played Zombies sparingly, but I remember hearing Tank in that, and thinking "hang on I've heard this guy before". Somehow I'd forgotten that the game he was in before was a CoD game, but I just remembered his voice still.

Anyway, after discovering 115 by Elena, I started getting into it. I think it was a month or so before Ascension.

Ah, the good 'ol days...

I simply found out after the ending of WaW, when it suddenly did the infamous cutscene that started it all. I barely lasted several rounds, and immediately told my friends about it. The more we played, the more we got into it. I was both a WW fan and a zombies/horror fan, and the two just blended together wonderfully.

i first ever played zombies at the end of black ops 1 & wont lie i thought "what is this crap" but then my friend was like "lets play zombies kino" & tbh i only played cus she asked me to, but after playin over & over again i started learning farley quickly what everything was & what i needed to do to survive & now its my number 1 played game on ps3 lol & play more then my original friend who kinda introduced me lol

The first time i played was back in 2009, when I went over to a friends house. He loaded up WaW, and he asked me if i wanted to play with him. I said sure. I thought he was going to load up a game of multiplayer or something. But when it started loading, i saw the NDT cut scene. I looked at him with a confused look on my face and he started laughing. The game started and like that i was hooked. Of course i had no clue what i was supposed do do. That was probably the thing that got me addicted was the mystery when I first played.

I hate the stupid flame thrower...

Hey man, don't need to start calling names here.

My favorite in Der Riese. I recall holding the window in the flytrap hall with it. I had 6 total, full, pap'd weapons on round 30 something when everyone else ran out of ammo.... (If you never camped the flytrap hallway, do it. Now.).

My tale: just before Shi No Numa came out, my friend started talking about this house where zombies break in and you have nowhere to go. Just stand your ground. Sounds boring. He makes me play it. It is boring. After forcing me to play a few times, it clicked; we were getting close to making round 10! (Ndu).

So I say dangit, I guess I have to go buy this now. He pulled out an extra copy given to him and said that I could have it. I dl'd zombie verruckt and loved it. Snn came out and I had taught another friend to play (he hadn't played video games since Atari 2600), he became hooked, then Der Riese came out and made us worship it. All hail Der Riese!

Bo was a big change and I loved them well enough, except moon (way too glitchy and annoying except nml), but bo2 is a great leap forward from bo.

Die Rise is the first map since Der Riese to give me that 4-man camp feeling.

I worked (briefly) on Nazi Zombies for WaW. Heh. Was very, very hard to keep my mouth shut after the game released and not tell anyone about it. I really don't think Treyarch knew what they were sitting on as far as a successful game mode it would be. I was hooked.

Teammate that was housing me in Utah was playing World at War. After two hours of all of us taking turns on multiplayer he busts out zombies and lets me play Veruckkt. First box get is a ray gun. we made it maybe 10 rounds.

Someone bought me Black ops and Kino really hooked me in. Took me so many games to finally get used to the whole system.