Tips for elevators?

I started playing yesterday and this map is awesome. The only thing I find frustrating is the elevators. I died on my 2nd map attempt with jug trying to run in circles with the zombie in the elevator. I went red, tried to kill it quick, but too late. Fail. So I make like literally 15 crawlers, hop in the elevator and they all die and new round starts. Wow, what the hell? Next, I run away with the one running zombie and quickly hop in the elevator before he can get in. Now the motherf*cker respawns in the elevator with me. Okay at this point I'm ready to kill Treyarch. What am I suppose to do effectively to get around the map? I really really enjoy Die Rise but that quickly fading away. All Treyarch could have done was slow the zombie down like they did on bus on TranZit.

I eventually made it to round 39 on my 3rd overall attempt of the map. Could have went further but when I was revived, the elevators are just a pain and I can't get anywhere to rebuild myself.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I feel for you, friendo. Those elevators can be a real pain in the neck. After millions and millions of matches in Die Rise, I found some good pointers by others as well as myself that will aid you in mastering those horrid contraptions.

- Before riding the elevator, note which direction it is going based on the arrow sign up on top. Going down will mean that you will be on the elevator for a while, and going up means that you'll be making a quick stop to the ceiling soon.

- A bell will ring to signal the elevators reaching the ceiling. I'd advise to not wait for the signal to go off, but to get off immediately when on the top floor. It's better to get out early that to kiss the ceiling before you die.

- Who's Who + Death by ceiling = bad. You will spawn elsewhere with nothing but your M1911. If you aren't comfortable riding with the perk, then get out on all stops.

- Having a zombie on the elevator is a real pain, but you can do quick circles close to the edge (since you won't fall off). When the elevator is in motion, the zombies will stop but continue to revolve their arms in effort to reach you.

- Use the keys found in the shaft tunnel (where the lobby elevator drops to) for quick elevator access. It's a one-time deal, so use your key wisely to get whatever elevator you choose to you. There are a total of four keys in the shaft.

If you dislike elevators overall, just use the Trample Steam. You can get to any building with them, given that you place them in the correct positions. Precision is everything with that buildable.

The elevators are what make this map very tricky to navigate through.

Try to time your trips on the elevator so that they happen at the end of the round, when you only have one zombie left.

Make sure you don't damage the zombie at all!!! Or else you run the chance of a fresh round starting while you are on the elevator.

When inside the elevator, and joined by a raging zombie in this tight space, it's important to remain calm. It's okay to get hit once of twice. Don't freak out and do something stupid. However if you get red screened, your best move is to take out the zombie ASAP, and deal with the next round starting.

Hug the walls and run circles around the whole elevator shaft. Use the whole space to your advantage, and keep moving in a manner so you don't get trapped in the corners.

- Mix

My time to shine since I have a few good tips about elevators and how to use them effectively.

There are 8 total workable elevators, 7 if you count the main spawn elevator as an "escape pod"

4 on each of the right side up skyscrapers.

On the main ekyscraper there are 3 perks special to that skyscraper and quick revive will be in the main elevator that is on in solo by the m14. The one beside that will hold one of two perks, speed cola and who's who. This elevator also makes stops on all playable floors of the main skyscraper besides the hallway holding the keys which is only accessible by trample steam or the elevator in the spawn room.

The other elevator in the main skyscraper has the opposite perk. This one provides access to the trample steam floor and the pdw floor so for the most part it is faster traveling if you jump to the trample steam and won't to get to a higher floor if the quick revive elevator isn't already there.

The other skyscraper with power and the dragon on top will hold the other 3 perks (double tap, jug, and mule kick) plus the pack a punch. these 4 elevators are located: 2 in power room/sliquifier room, one by remington/mp5, and one by one of the other 2 box locations excluding spawn one.

The two power elevators will always be located by power when you first turn on power. The remington elevator will be located by the roof. and the last elevator by the mystery box is one of the worst elevators mainly because when you first go over to it there is another door you have to open if you can ride the elvator or 2 doors to open because it traps you when you get in there. So I usually call that the stupid elevator if other people are asking where the perks are.

Other tips for elevators are that they only proven way to speed them up without keys are to stand on top of it. This cuts the travel time in half from 15-20 seconds to 7-10 seconds.

Another tip is that they can be real money savers, especially in the beginning. You save a lot of money when trying to build the sliquifier if you just ride the elevators.

Another kind of useless tip is that keys seem to not be able to be placed on top of an elevator, if they are placed there they will float if the elevator moves down. (I'v noticed this when trying to move parts from spawn room to sliquifier bench while trying to keep a key)

And keys are very usefull when doing the easter egg panels because you can get the elevators to come to everybody at the same time and not risk a chance of being crushed.

Yes there are 4 keys on the map, but if you use one key another will respawn.

I hope this helps you and I hope I didn't leave anything out.

whenever i get on a elevator i jump as much as i can, idk if it speeds it up but in my mind it does lol

rounds 1-12ish i stack points in the dragon room, then leave and get setup.

when i do this, i keep a bunch of zombies alive and unharmed to ensure they dont die off while im running around. by a few i mean like 3 full health zombies at least.

also, as far as zombies dieing and such, the crawlers/jumping jacks will not die if you run away, so kill all but one and run all you want, they will just follow you.

whenever i get on a elevator i jump as much as i can, idk if it speeds it up but in my mind it does lol

rounds 1-12ish i stack points in the dragon room, then leave and get setup.

when i do this, i keep a bunch of zombies alive and unharmed to ensure they dont die off while im running around. by a few i mean like 3 full health zombies at least.

also, as far as zombies dieing and such, the crawlers/jumping jacks will not die if you run away, so kill all but one and run all you want, they will just follow you.

You don't really need to jump, but yes being on top of an elevator cuts the time in half.

There's a reason for everything that happened.

I started playing yesterday and this map is awesome. The only thing I find frustrating is the elevators. I died on my 2nd map attempt with jug trying to run in circles with the zombie in the elevator. I went red, tried to kill it quick, but too late. Fail.

When running a zombie while on top of an elevator, what you have to do is run in a square. That's right, square. Not circle. If you run as fast as you can around the edge of the elevator, you will survive. I guarantee you this will work if done correctly when you have Juggernog or Juggernog Pro. It may be harder without those, though. Also note that this is best done with one zombie. It can be done with two. Doing it with three or more is asking for trouble.

So I make like literally 15 crawlers, hop in the elevator and they all die and new round starts. Wow, what the hell?

In TranZit and Die Rise, if you go too far away from a crawler, it will die.

Next, I run away with the one running zombie and quickly hop in the elevator before he can get in. Now the motherf*cker respawns in the elevator with me.

In most of the last zombie levels, if you run too far away from an undamaged zombie, it will respawn. It usually isn't a problem if you can get the hang of running in the elevator with it.

Okay at this point I'm ready to kill Treyarch. What am I suppose to do effectively to get around the map? I really really enjoy Die Rise but that quickly fading away. All Treyarch could have done was slow the zombie down like they did on bus on TranZit.

Some of these things you've mentioned have been in zombies since Green Run, since Call of the Dead, since Kino der Toten.

Thanks for the replies. I thought you could fall off the elevator at first but there's an invisible wall to keep you on top. I still think it's glitched though. When the elevator is moving, somtimes the zombie will stay still and other times he will be running full speed.

Another question: If I have a full horde of zombies and I hop on top of the elevator, will they all follow me on there? How am I suppose to get from the power station to the roof with 9843519813 zombies trailing me? lol

Thanks for the replies. I thought you could fall off the elevator at first but there's an invisible wall to keep you on top. I still think it's glitched though. When the elevator is moving, somtimes the zombie will stay still and other times he will be running full speed.

Eh. Kinda. You could excuse that by saying the elevators are moving and causing un-stability, making the zombie not be able to run. As for falling off, it is a small visible gap, so I think it makes sense that you can't fall.

Another question: If I have a full horde of zombies and I hop on top of the elevator, will they all follow me on there? How am I suppose to get from the power station to the roof with 9843519813 zombies trailing me? lol

Yes and no. They will TRY to follow you. However, if the elevator you're on goes up before they catch up to you, you'll get a breather from them.

If you are in the Power area and trying to get up, it will be difficult. It is one of the hardest translocations in the level. What you want to try to do is to horde up all the zombies behind you. This can be difficult to do. I suggest trying to do it in the room directly above the Remington. That is the largest room in the Power area, and it is possible to run a circle, albeit very difficult. You may have to utilize that hallway. Once you've got all of them chasing you, just wait until the elevator goes down and is about to go up. Be patient as you run in circles repeatedly. You want to wait long enough so you can get on but the zombies can't. You can also run the zombies out far into the hallway to increase the lag between you jumping on the elevator and them jumping on the elevator. It's quite tricky, but it can be done. That's really your best bet unless you're able to kill all those zombies repeatedly in that awful area...

Note that turning on power automatically sets one in a ready to go position, so fight until ready, run the lone zombie away, hit power, wait until elevator is about to go, jump on.

Edit: also, when everyone is in the buddha room, if you jump across by the ak74u and make lefts until you get to the sliq room, one always seems to be ready to go if you get there a.s.a.p.

(Zombie elevators is tongue in cheek humor... Remember zombie elevators in Der Riese?)

Helpful tip: if you need to go down one level and the elevator is coming down at you, back as far as you safely can into the shaft; the elevator will hit you and drag you down. When it stops, it will release you, push forward to go into the level below. Quite safe once you have done it once or twice.

If I am waiting for an elevator with one zombie, I'll usually run him in circles and wait for my "Ding, Ding" cue, then leave the zombie on one side of the room and dart into the elevator. The elevators make two beep sounds maybe 10-15 seonds before they move, but this can be tricky to time if you're near two elevators as it will be tough to distinguish which one is moving next, though usually I wait for them to come up/down first before I wait to enter, so I can usually tell which one moves first. Do not mistake this "ding, ding" with the annoying, "Riiiiiiinnggg/Buuuuzzzzz" sound, as that means the elevator is about to go into the ceiling and if you jump in, you die.

If the zombie happens to get into your elevator, run him in a circle, but don't just run. Run and pause. Run to the farthest corner of the elevator and wait for him to take 1-2 steps that way, then race around him to the other end. This will happen quickly, especially if he's running, so it's more or less going to seem like you're constantly moving, but the real trick is giving the zombie that extra step, so he just stays out of reach when you move to the other side. I usually accomplish this by strafing around him, hold right or left on the left stick and just adjust the right stick to keep an eye on the zombie. When he seems to get real close, adjust the right stick away from him to give yourself an extra bit of speed by changing your strafe into a direct run momentarily.

Thanks for the replies again :)

I wish we could just call the elevator with no keys like on Five if I remember right. Which leads me to another question. lol After we pick up the key and use it, is it gone forever or does it respawn in the same spot?

Someone above said that they respawn. I have never checked.

Just wanted to update what I've recently been seeing...

I've noticed that zombies whom get on your elevator while you're travelling, now will chase you at first, but once the elevator starts moving they stop and act like they are stunned. They stop chasing and just kinda waver while standing still. Is this due to a recent patch?

Anyone else noticing this?

ive seen it

you get on

they get on

they chase

they swipe

then at a certain spacing or angle or whatever, they take a swipe at you and kind stand there for up to 7 seconds or so i have seen them stand still just waving. eventually though they will start moving/chasing again though.

might be a glitch, probably. if they literally stand there forever definetly a glitch.

the game is glitchy, i have went into god mode before where a zombie is zeroed in and chasing me but doesnt hit me, doesnt try to hit me, just tries to run through me, i can stand there and he keeps running right in my face.

• Administrators

Just wanted to update what I've recently been seeing...

I've noticed that zombies whom get on your elevator while you're travelling, now will chase you at first, but once the elevator starts moving they stop and act like they are stunned. They stop chasing and just kinda waver while standing still. Is this due to a recent patch?

Anyone else noticing this?

I believe this has been going for for quite a while now. You could say that elevators in motion cause zombies to be at standstill; otherwise, they will move at whatever speed they began with. Once the elevator starts to move, you can have two things occur:

- the zombies will stutter-step from time to time while attempting to swing their arms at you

- the zombies will remain still and look at the purty lights until the ride stops

It isn't just on the elevators, I get them standing around windmilling everywhere around power/sliq.

They wave their arms for a few seconds, run at you but as you move to the side, they stop moving. Repeat as needed to get past them.

Sometimes i'll come down an elevator, find a clump of arm-wavers waiting, they stumble onto the elevator, sometimes trapping me.

Ever since the feb update. I can't wait to see what this update ruined...(3.12.2013).

In the power room I check to see that an elevator is below. Then I run the zombie in front of the power switch until the red down arrow changes to up and then I run straight for it. The elevator will be moving fast enough that you can jump on and the zombie doesn't. I've got the timing down on this pretty consistently.

I never wait for the elevator on the roof by the box location. If it's not up then I drop down and hit it there. Open the 2 doors and jump onto one of the other 2 elevators to go back to roof.

If you are at the area by the big hole in the floor, you can put a trampoline down at the edge and jump over to the other building and then run past mp5 up to the roof to save someone who is down. (Zombies won't follow you on this jump because the gap is too big)

The only tip I haven't seen here yet is when a perk is on the same floor as you (when you can buy it) and you use a key it actually just drops it on the floor in front of the elevator. I leave keys laying so that anyone who needs it quickly can pick it up and use it. (not recommended with randoms)

General strat among my group is at start one guy grabs a part and we all drop down in the big elevator. 3 of us grab a key and hop on the elevator again. Buddy with the part sends us up, grabs his part again, turns power on and catches the first elevator to the roof. He meets the rest of us at the trampoline table. Build it and have the PDW and Claymores by the 1st Jumping Jack round. Kill the Jacks with the Trampolines for a free perk and move on to whatever desired strategy we are trying at that time.