Upcoming Maps: What you might think and my hopes and dreams.

From what I've gathered about the next map, meaning the upcoming second map pack for Black Ops 2, the next map is going to be set in Germany, which makes sense since that's where all of it really started, and is going to combine the verticality of skyscrapers like in Die Rise with the expanse of a free roam like TranZit with different sections and stuff. Makes sense as the third installment of the saga for this game. But my question is where do we go from there? Like, we've already went everywhere. We've been to Siberia, Shangri-La, the Moon, I mean where else do you go that can keep me saying "Wow, what are they gunna think of next?" Cause to be honest I'm not particularly thrilled with TranZit or Die Rise although I've had my fair share of fun on both. Nuketown is fun, like really fun. But I just wanna know where you guys think were gunna go next and if there's any truth to the rumor of eventually going to Atlantis. I mean if were gunna keep with the trends of Black Ops 1 the third map pack would involve some sort of mythic place and it's not as if they couldn't twist the story to make characters end up there. Personally I would love to get Treyarchs take on Atlantis as a 935 facility since I absolutely loved what they did with Shangri-La, as that is my favorite map on Black Ops. But here's an idea I had for Atlantis. God forbid they really tried.

Since I also LOVED Call of the Dead, and am still wondering what became of the cast I want them to make a comeback for this map. Here's how the story would work. After getting the Golden Rod for Richtofen and sending the original four off, the cast is left there fighting for their lives with the Wunderwaffle Richtofen gave them and eventually start trying to figure out a way to get out of Siberia. So after a while they use the Scavenger to blow the door off the room where the original four were stuck and find the teleporter they used to get to Shangri-La. With the Wunderwaffle they super charge the teleporter to get it working again and jump in, like how Richtofen originally used it to go from Der Reise to Kino der Toten. Ending up in Atlantis, another secret 935 facility underwater, probably somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

The only thing I really cant figure out is what the easter egg having to do with the story could be for this map. Any thoughts? I realize I just vommited my brain onto this, it's just I'm a new member and none of my in-person friends are fans like I am of the story and the game mode so I had to discuss with someone.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it makes sense to have the final map inbetween Germany and an epic place like a mothers hip and argotha, but not the next map... The next map I HOPE will feature our favorite russian, marine, possessed nazi, and jap warrior...

They'd do good to put the O4 in the next map, because ifmyou put them in the 3rd map, they don't get the chance to apear in the fourth map... If you put them in the fourth map, then it really puts a downer on the N4...

Basicly the next map will either have our original heros, or no map will... Otherwise things just don't fit right.... The O4 can't just show up to one map and leave, they've got to be here for at least 2.... But if trayarch alternates between the O4 and the N4 then bobs your uncle everyone's happy!

As for the next map: I'm thinking someplace with sand, we've yet to see that feature... Or maybe a frozen place, I'd like to see somewhere cold for once... Purhaps a nukelar plant will suffice? ...

The next map IS going to be in Germany. I meant the third map pack for Atlantis. I don't think you understood what I was saying. I was saying I wanted the Call of the Dead cast back for one of the maps. The original four I think are either going to be the last map pack or the second to last. And from what I know there's going to be a nuclear power plant as one of thee stops in the upcoming map pack.

As long as any of them are Paris I'm all good.

Why Paris? I don't understand. As far as now there's no significance to that country even. Let alone the city.

A lot of people are going off of a picture in Der Riese that depicts a zombie in front of the Eiffel Tower.

i think the mend the timeline/rift thing is gonna play more into what we are going to have on the next map, we may even go back in time and bring some future things with us,(ak74-u on kino) and with the things they are doing with the opening videos(die rise) they could plot twist us at any second...i just hope the next map pack is liek die rise and tranzit combined because IMO they are both great maps with their own likes and dislikes. tranzit is great because of so much freeroam(even though it kinda does take a while to get around and waiting for the bus is annoying) and die rise is great because they brought back the good ol gain a free perk and it kinda brought back memories of verruckt with all the tight corridors!

Well the next map is definitely a combo. That I'm sure of. But I don't know about going back in time at this point. At least not with the new characters. Maybe with the original four again. Maybe with the map pack after the next one. But no one has commented yet on anything I said concerning the Call of the Dead cast. Did everyone not like them? Does anyone else besides me care to have them come back? I feel like I'm the only one who even remembers they were part of all this.

What the hell would Der Riese 2 even mean? That's extraordinarily vague. Also they would never add a 2 to a map name and go with that. I think they're a little more creative than that. lol

I mean an updated bigger changed der riese,at the very end of the story,maybe the end of everything...the end of all things ...lol

Clan":1ruj66ls]
I really don't feel like they're going to recycle even the concept for that map again. They've already revamped it once, I feel like they're done with it.

what? ascnscion is much worse nthen der riese...its not the same

What are you on about? lol he never even mentioned Ascension and he's talking about how they included Der Riese in Black ops from WAW.

Clan":299jnhl0]
I really don't feel like they're going to recycle even the concept for that map again. They've already revamped it once, I feel like they're done with it.

what? ascnscion is much worse nthen der riese...its not the same

What are you on about? lol he never even mentioned Ascension and he's talking about how they included Der Riese in Black ops from WAW.

oh ok :lol:

As long as any of them are Paris I'm all good.

We've yet to see an underground/catacombs map, so I fully expect one eventually.

Jolteon has been theorizing about Parisian catacombs for a while. Even I made an asylum thread supporting the idea that Paris might be a map.

It is also Widely believed that Paris was going to be a map, but that devs decided to end black ops with more of a bang (no pun intended) with moon. :mrgreen: this has been supported through the obvious hint that the file name for the map moon is literally "Paris." so we can pretty much say with certainty that they DID plan to put us in Paris. The idea that treyarch might revisit this idea is probably the MAIN idea that supports people's belief in the idea of a Paris / Parisian catacombs map in the future. And I can't agree more.

Nah, it makes sense to have the final map inbetween Germany and an epic place like a mothers hip and argotha, but not the next map... The next map I HOPE will feature our favorite russian, marine, possessed nazi, and jap warrior...

They'd do good to put the O4 in the next map, because ifmyou put them in the 3rd map, they don't get the chance to apear in the fourth map... If you put them in the fourth map, then it really puts a downer on the N4...

Basicly the next map will either have our original heros, or no map will... Otherwise things just don't fit right.... The O4 can't just show up to one map and leave, they've got to be here for at least 2.... But if trayarch alternates between the O4 and the N4 then bobs your uncle everyone's happy!

As for the next map: I'm thinking someplace with sand, we've yet to see that feature... Or maybe a frozen place, I'd like to see somewhere cold for once... Purhaps a nukelar plant will suffice? ...

Very simple IMO. Next map; we link the final spire completing the "scalene triangle". Most likely location for the map is Paris as there has been a bunch of allusions towards that location in previous maps, and not to mention its got a super famous spire (Eiffel tower). Next map (MP3) I think the Easter egg will largely consist of getting the original 4 back onto earth. And in the last map it will most likely be a huge map with 8 characters. That's what I'm hoping they do at least. Ad it makes an awful lot of sense.