Playing with randoms

Hey guys,im throwamonkeybomb,and i know similar things have been discussed before in the subject of playing with randoms but i would like to personally share the experiences i had staying up late last night and playing black ops 1 zombies with randoms.First I played a 4 player game of kino,must of had 10+ revives and 0 downs,2 of the ppl went down almost every round and i only let them die once or twice.Finally i had quick revive jug speed cola and a crossbow,i went to upgrade the crossbow and everyone went down,2 of them bled out or were about too,i came back and suddenly i get the error message!they left the game!Ok well after that I played some nacht,and ended the game cuz of a newbie gitcher.Played shangri las then cotd and finally 5 but really,zombies is funner with friends :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is much better with friends, and easier.

i played with 1 friend and 2 randoms last night, my friend is pretty new to zombies and especially BO2 zombies.

we started a match of die rise and a random starts stealing kills on round 1, this doesnt bother me, i know i will get the points i need eventually. my buddy though starts going ballistic, cursing and talking crap on the kill stealer.

i knew this game was not going to go well, and i was right, the thief took a trample part and held it, it was downhill from there, i need to have a talk with my friend i think lol.

I had three friends. We wanted to try to Die Rise EE. We picked up a random fourth and screened the player. He was immediately asking us, "Hey you guys good? You wanna do the EE?" Alright, we thought, this guy's a winner. It should also be mnetioned that pre-game he had commented how much he loathed rage-quitters.

Then we get into the game...He's breaking every etiquette rule imaginable, stealing kills, throwing frags like crazy, then he proceeds to grab a tramplesteam part and race away. Us 3 stay together, get our parts for the TS built and request he join us there with his part...This is all transpiring circa round 4, so needless to say we were a bit on edge because our strategy was to get the early free perk+2k, build the Nav table, then focus on EE steps. He finally arrived and we had the TS ready to go. We were very communicative and decent to this person, despite his early disregard for etiquette. We instructed him of our plans and asked him not to shoot a single round when the Jacks round began...Unfortunately, he did.

After all this, I felt we were justified to look for another person and just back out and I voiced my opinion rather harshly (I was convinced he was trolling us at this point). I was vetoed and calmed down because my fellow players felt we could still do it even with a weak link. Of course, 2 rounds later, our fourth goes commando on his own and goes down by fall death, then rage quits...

Moral of the story: Even one random can ruin a good game and always be weary of trolls.

I usually just troll them by only letting the revive bar fill up half way, over and over until they bleed out, that way they feel like I really want them to keep playing and stay tuned instead of quitting. My productive hopes with such an action is that they watch how I play and learn something.

I might try to fire trap them in the future, that sounds fun. Lol.

I had similar to op Monday.

Playing nuketown with 3 rndms. 3 of us were running spots and the other was going down each round. Then on 23, he went down, quit & as he was hosting the game ended because of migrating host rubbish.

What I found more interesting was the guy that kept going down had skull w/ 2 Shotguns. How can someone like this have max zombie rank, when I read a tweet from one of 3arc the other day (think jimmy) saying "rank represents how good you are right now" or something to that effect . . .

I had similar to op Monday.

Playing nuketown with 3 rndms. 3 of us were running spots and the other was going down each round. Then on 23, he went down, quit & as he was hosting the game ended because of migrating host rubbish.

What I found more interesting was the guy that kept going down had skull w/ 2 Shotguns. How can someone like this have max zombie rank, when I read a tweet from one of 3arc the other day (think jimmy) saying "rank represents how good you are right now" or something to that effect . . .

Rank isnt a very good system of "how good you are" getting 30+ IMO makes you good

That is why I say, "public matches" are an own mode.

I do not expect the gamem going well. I expect at least one guy dying before round 2, I expect one guy holding the turbine part in Green Run, I expect one guy attaching the hatch onto the bus, one guy not entering the elevator in the spawn room, one guy shooting although you told them to use the knuckles only for the free perk, and and and and.

This is fun! But when it should go serious, we definitely need private matches.