Why Maxis SUCCEEDED when he blew up the Earth

EricMaynard

That is an image I borrowed from another user here on the forums which shows the timeline separation when the Earth was destroyed on Moon. It helps a lot to explain my theory, which is again, just a theory. I think we've been wrong the whole time. Maxis' rockets were not meant to take out "specific 935 bases", and the UN-used quote from BOI where he says "the calculations were incorrect" was un-used for a reason. Maxis accomplished his goal in destroying the Earth.

Richtofen received the Focusing Stone, and the Golden Rod, post-moon, because Call of The Dead and Shangri-La take place after Moon. Now our characters go to Shangri-La and CotD first, but in the order of time, Moon was in the 1900's sometime (I'm unsure) and CotD was in 2010-2011.

So when Maxis blew up the Earth, it changed time to where CotD and SL could not happen, which creates a time paradox. If CotD and SL could never happen, then Richtofen could never take power. That's why Richtofen is weak. It's like a "Back to the Future" type thing. Marty started to disappear when he changed the past, and now that Maxis did, the same is happening to Richtofen.

Richtofen is now looking for a way to "Mend the Rift," or Mend the time Paradox, and restore the Earth to normal.

I saw this in a comment on another thread, and added a little of my own to it. What do you guys think?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Posts like these really make me wonder. So, basically, he sort of killed himself by the missiles hitting Earth?

Very cool theory. Really makes me think... I love it. Seriously nice work.

Yeah, exactly. He is slowly disappearing from the timeline, sorta like Marty McFly in Back To The Future because the missiles changed the timeline so that he could have never gotten the golden rod therefore never taken control in the first place.

Not gonna lie, I didnt play any of Bo1 DLC other than Ascension, so this was slightly confusing. I think I get what youre getting at, but could you possibly try to explain it a little bit simpler? I remember hearing about alternate realities and stuff, espicially in Die Rise, with the whole telrporting back in time after dying in the cutscene, but could you possibly try to explain it a little differently? Thanks man.

@midnightapalooza Basically a time paradox is if the timeline is distorted to make an event impossible. For instance, if you went back in time and killed your grandfather. If you did, then you would never be born, therefore you wouldn't kill him, therefore you would be born, and continuously in a circle forever until the cause of the paradox disappears.

@charries96 And thanks for the doctor who episode, I looked into that.

• 1 month later...

I believe that you are most of the way correct. I think that whenever we get the chance to see what exactly happens once the beginning of "mending the rift" arises, that we'll see that in all reality that Richtofen wants to help the world (mostly himself, however) by asking Sam to lead the other three in the right direction. As well as finding a way to contact the mobsters so that if the Green Runners fail, the Mobsters could have a chance in mending broken holes in the existence of the human species by redong what him and Maxis did before. However, I don't know if he thought about just what would happen after everything is said and done, but that's why DLC is made. :D

Lol, your theory confuses me a bit.

Richtofen took the gang to Shangri La and CotD before Moon because he needed the Golden Rod and Focusing Stone (Vril Device) to enact his plan during Moon. How would it ever be possible that the events of Moon happen if Richtofen and the gang didn't first go to SL and CotD to get the pieces needed. Or are you saying these events happened historically, or what?

Just a word of advice, you seem to be basing when we visit maps and events that occur on both the time travelers timeline, and a historical timeline. Perhaps that what is confusing me about this. Think about it this way. People question how Call of the Dead occurred in 2010-2011 or whatever when Earth was bombed in the 1960's, but when you follow the time travelers timeline (Richtofen), a paradox would not occur as we visit CotD before Moon (in term of the time travelers timeline and not historically). See what I'm saying?

We cant follow a historical timeline with Zombies. If we could, we would have visited Ascension before Kino Der Toten, which we know didn't happen. If you don't take the events of Kino Der Toten as a valid part of the storyline (part of me does not for good reasons), then your theory would make sense.

I think Maxis succeeded in his goals when he bombed the Earth, but not because he wanted to stop from having CotD and Shangri La from occurring.

Overall, I'm confused :lol:

• Administrators

@Shooter: I understand completely what you mean. When Die Rise first came out, this "rift" that was being mentioned seemed like a time distortion. During that topic, there was also various discussions about how Moon might have taken place in the late 60's/80's. Because of this, anything beyond that date up til Moon would have ceased to exist. But I do 100% agree with you that now it's just straightforward with no paradox anywhere (for the time being). :)