Possible explanation of name "green run" and location

Gintama

Hey guys, I was derping around on the interwebs looking for old government articles about old nuclear testing and what not for school when I found this out.

In the late 1980s, the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce released a damning report called “American Nuclear Guinea Pigs: Three Decades of Radiation Experiments on U.S. Citizens.” The report spotlighted Operation Green Run, a military test at a Washington plutonium facility. There, in 1949, managers purposefully released a massive cloud of radioactive iodine-131 to test how far it could travel downwind. Iodine-131 and xenon-133 reportedly traveled as far as the California-Oregon border, infecting 500,000 acres. It’s believed that 8000 curies of radioactive iodine floated out of the factory. To put that into perspective, in 1979, Three Mile Island emitted around 25 curies of radioactive iodine.

The report showed that the military planned 12 similar radiation releases at other facilities. I believe this could be why Green Run got its name, and possibly why there is a the thick fog that we are all accustomed to by now.

Let me know what you guys think!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya thats true and another reason it might be called green run to suppost your theory even though pinnaz apparently destoryed this topic is that they are comparing the release of all that nuclear material and comparing it to the release of all the 115 or whatever that richtofen and the O4 dropped on the earth

These idiots never learn.

Whoaa, watch out man. Please don't directly insult someone on here, all it'll do is spark a fight, and it's a type of flaming. Just be generous and we can tell them to just look over the other topic.

Whoa watch out before you make accusations.

I was referring to the people behind the Green Run incident, and saying that these idiots never learn because they have carried out so many hazardous tests - which many are bus driver locations, and one "Sedan" can be found on a billboard by viewing in theater mode.

These idiots never learn.

Whoaa, watch out man. Please don't directly insult someone on here, all it'll do is spark a fight, and it's a type of flaming. Just be generous and we can tell them to just look over the other topic.

Whoa watch out before you make accusations.

I was referring to the people behind the Green Run incident, and saying that these idiots never learn because they have carried out so many hazardous tests - which many are bus driver locations, and one "Sedan" can be found on a billboard by viewing in theater mode.

Bagel was just trying to keep the forums civil, if he misunderstood its understandable because you didn't elaborate on anything in your comment. Simple solution here is to be more specific on "these people" when commenting. If something can be taken offensively then most likely it will.

No need to be so snarky towards him, he wasn't rude to you.

• 4 weeks later...