Psychotronic Weapons In Black Ops 2's Storyline?

I noticed a link on a thread to the old forum's asylum section, and I clicked a topic on Psychotronic Weapons to see what it was talking about. It was talking about some type of weapon being tested in Russia that was used to turn humans into Zombies. The link is here:http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?1019-Psychotronic-Weapons-AKA-Zombie-Weapon-of-Mass-Destruction So, yeah, many thanks to AlphaSnake!

Anyways, the thread was made in 2010, and stated about 20 years ago, talk was first starting about the subject. This just so happens to be within the 1900's storyline. The main part that reminded me of Stu, was this:

Some of these so-called victims stormed editorial offices of newspapers and magazines in Russia, that reported on these psychotronic weapons and complained that some strange voices dictated their actions (usually to eat living people

Doesn't this remind you of something? It reminds me of Samuel's ability to hear Richtofen, and it also brings up The Flesh. Perhaps he then reached Siberia and was shot by the VR-11? I don't know, but it's a possibility.

Also, I noticed this:

Thousands of brilliant researchers were working on the problem in as many as twenty secret centers. After the break-up of the USSR, these centers were closed and the researchers either dispersed abroad (to China or the USA, or are currently work in various secret parts of Russia.

This could be mentioning maybe a reason we visit China and first learn of The Flesh.

I really have enjoyed sharing this tiny bit of information with you that I could find, perhaps we can better our theories or even come up with new theories based on this! Thanks for reading!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a thread on this in the "Turned Mode" forums. The new game mode features the second incarnation of a form of "cure" with the CoTD Wonder Weapon being the first. I believe it was the V-R11. The Weapon also (If pack A Punched) can be shot at team mates to make them temporarily invulnerable.

I also believe that it may be somehow relevant to Stu's story arc. But the main hole that people easily poked into this theory is that we are given the "cure" in an arcade setting in the form of a drop. Even if we are still considering that Turned and Greif can add some form of elements to the story (CIA VS CDC may be story specific, and we see Richtofen's true nature as a "god". He is cruel and toys with victims.)we however cannot assume that this cure drop is any more significant than a max ammo or a fire sale. So it becomes canon.

So we are left only with the hard evidence of the V-R11. That was the original form that seems silly and seems to get over looked. Still if we keep in mind the time travel and past/future events that occured we have to remember that we destroyed the earth with Maxis EE Quest from Moon therefore these events never happen in this new timeline. So again we have to assume this is now irrelevant.

Some people like are forming solid theories that Richtofen's new goal with these EE Quests is to somehow mend the "Rift" between the two timelines to ensure that certain events still occur. Either for Richtofen's gain or to actually cure the planet back to habitable conditions.

Perhaps if for Maxis EE story arc we are ensuring that the O4 go through a complete time "loop" and have a second chance to relive the events that happened and change things. This time without Richtofen because he is in the Aether and outside of time/space and perhaps Samantha. If we were to remove Richtofen from WaW and BO the events would most likely have played out differently. That would be pretty cool.

• Administrators

Nice little tidbit of information, friendo! As far as most of us are concerned, there appears to be no traces of such weaponry in Shanghai. It's not to say that we will never come across any evidence of it, but we have not encountered anything in relation to psychotronic weapons. Most of the people that were once living on Earth are more than likely dead already. Once Richtofen restores the Earth, I don't think he'd want more zombies; rather, a cult to worship him.

@zombo: MMX and I actually discussed it last night regarding Turned's concept into the storyline. I'd rather much save it for a different discussion (as to not derail from the original topic at hand), but we said that Richtofen is toying with the zombies as to confirm he has the power of resurrection. The V-R11 is similar to this, so yes - you are correct on that part. I wouldn't call it a reincarnation of the weapon but rather a similar object in which comes in the form of a drop. Hence, zombies come back to life as humans, only to do one thing: survive. The cycle repeats to the point where it is infinite. I mean, Richtofen has to have fun when he's not busy with the Side Quests.

But it does further prove to what extent his power can go to. In this case, resurrection that is the same in the Die Rise cutscene.

I posted a thread on this in the "Turned Mode" forums. The new game mode features the second incarnation of a form of "cure" with the CoTD Wonder Weapon being the first. I believe it was the V-R11. The Weapon also (If pack A Punched) can be shot at team mates to make them temporarily invulnerable.

I also believe that it may be somehow relevant to Stu's story arc. But the main hole that people easily poked into this theory is that we are given the "cure" in an arcade setting in the form of a drop. Even if we are still considering that Turned and Greif can add some form of elements to the story (CIA VS CDC may be story specific, and we see Richtofen's true nature as a "god". He is cruel and toys with victims.)we however cannot assume that this cure drop is any more significant than a max ammo or a fire sale. So it becomes canon.

So we are left only with the hard evidence of the V-R11. That was the original form that seems silly and seems to get over looked. Still if we keep in mind the time travel and past/future events that occured we have to remember that we destroyed the earth with Maxis EE Quest from Moon therefore these events never happen in this new timeline. So again we have to assume this is now irrele

Some people like are forming solid theories that Richtofen's new goal with these EE Quests is to somehow mend the "Rift" between the two timelines to ensure that certain events still occur. Either for Richtofen's gain or to actually cure the planet back to habitable conditions.

Perhaps if for Maxis EE story arc we are ensuring that the O4 go through a complete time "loop" and have a second chance to relive the events that happened and change things. This time without Richtofen because he is in the Aether and outside of time/space and perhaps Samantha. If we were to remove Richtofen from WaW and BO the events would most likely have played out differently. That would be pretty cool.

If your first few lines are saying you already posted this, I am sorry

Nice little tidbit of information, friendo! As far as most of us are concerned, there appears to be no traces of such weaponry in Shanghai. It's not to say that we will never come across any evidence of it, but we have not encountered anything in relation to psychotronic weapons. Most of the people that were once living on Earth are more than likely dead already. Once Richtofen restores the Earth, I don't think he'd want more zombies; rather, a cult to worship him.

@zombo: MMX and I actually discussed it last night regarding Turned's concept into the storyline. I'd rather much save it for a different discussion (as to not derail from the original topic at hand), but we said that Richtofen is toying with the zombies as to confirm he has the power of resurrection. The V-R11 is similar to this, so yes - you are correct on that part. I wouldn't call it a reincarnation of the weapon but rather a similar object in which comes in the form of a drop. Hence, zombies come back to life as humans, only to do one thing: survive. The cycle repeats to the point where it is infinite. I mean, Richtofen has to have fun when he's not busy with the Side Quests.

But it does further prove to what extent his power can go to. In this case, resurrection that is the same in the Die Rise cutscene.

Thanks for the response! Maybe we'll find something in the next map! Off Topic: I love your username!