Post your BLACK OPS 2 K/D & Prestige Rank!

GRILL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.47 K/D. Never prestiged.

dammmmmn Shooter has the k/d to beat!

I think the Prestiging mechanism is better than ever. Keeping all your earned attachments, getting an extra CaC slot AND a permanent unlockable token EACH prestige? Pretty rad, but plenty of people I know just plain don't prestige.

It's really no big deal to prestige this time around. Sure, you still have to unlock various items by reaching a certain rank, but once you've earned them back, everything you have already earned is still there. Not to mention if you have a favorite weapon or perk that you don't get till fairly late in the prestige, you could just permanently unlock it with the perma token earned each prestige.

I'm sure everyone knows that. It's basically just, why not? I get bored easily if I know there's really no reward at the end. So I prestige almost immediately.

Prestiging? Aint nobody got time for that! :lol:

Seriously though, the ironic thing is this is the first COD that I didn't prestige, while all of my friends who never usually prestige did. The whole reason I didn't this time around was I simply don't have the time to get on and play MP that much anymore. I think I maybe have a days worth of online play since the game came out. During Black Ops, I would have close to 10 by now. Nowadays, when I do get on to play , I end up playing Zombies. Honestly, I spend ALOT more time here on CoDz than I do on the actual game during my free time. I still haven't played the campaign either haha. Boy do I miss the days of being able to play MP all night, but life gets in the way.

But I digress, I usually stick to strictly TDM. The key for me is to remain hidden. Ghost, Blind Eye, Cold Blooded, Dead Silence. Don't use a silencer on the weapon though as my tactic is to always be on the move. I'll even use my gunshots to draw enemies to my position, using it to my advantage. Double kills are my specialty. Never cross the neutral zone of the map for too long, always remain behind cover, don't be greedy with your kills. Pick up an enemies weapon for a secondary. UAV, Lightning Strike, Sentry Gun, can sometimes get two cycles of the pointstreaks if I get a good kill streak going. Always use a Type 25 and keep a consistent 25% accuracy, I won't fire unless I know I can hit my target, the last thing I'm gonna do is give away my position.

I've had a natural ability at online multiplayer, ever since me and my buddies were playing Halo (which was new at the time haha) in freshman year of high school more than a decade ago. Halo 2 is still my favorite game of all time simply because of my ridiculously epic skills with the Sniper Rifle.

took big advantage of 2x XP weekends and played a lot of KC running around collecting tags. K/D suffered mightily but i leveled up super fast lol.

still my k/d is better in this one than it was in BO 1. which is 1.13 and MW3 was 1.06. MW2 was the first cod i really played a lot of MP and my k/d was like .75 in that one so i've come a long ways lol

@minator: all set! keep at it, bud!

@shooter: updated with your "Rank 55", thanks for the photo!

@crimson: nice progress man! Updated.

@birdman22: thanks for the screen cap, all set!

Hopefully we'll be getting some new prestiges here with the next DLC or so ;)

Even in multiplayer, birdman shows off his love for zombies.

115. Like a boss. :D

HOW did I miss that?! Nice eye, Shooter.

@everyone: added in photo links to your name so that all records can be accessed from the first page. thanks again to those who submitted photos!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm master prestige. K/D ratio is 2.14. I'd post a picture, but I'm not sure how to go about it lol

Alright, I believe you :mrgreen: All set!

For future reference (to be added into the OP as well):

Mac

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4: then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4: then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop

PC: Windows XP

Press the "Print Screen" key by itself if you wish to take a screenshot of your entire desktop. If you only want the contents of the window that is currently in focus, hold down the "Alt" key as you press "Print Screen." Regardless of whether you press "Print Screen" alone or with the "Alt" key, the contents of the screenshot will be stored on the Windows XP Clipboard. You may wish to edit with MS Paint.

EDIT: I have also included a snippet from SHOOTER's "Formatting 101" thread on how to embed an image.

Thanks again SHOOTER, for the formatting help thread!

To embed a photo, you must first upload your image to an Image Hosting site to retrieve a link for the image. Images may be uploaded from any free Image Hosting site such as a ImageShack. Simply browse your computer and find the picture, choose the dimension size, and upload the image. When it's done, you will be provided with many different codes. You need to copy the DIRECT LINK code.

Then place the code in between the code boxes for images , and you're good to go!

Taken from Shooter's "Formatting 101" thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...