SOLO(Online): Anyone Else Having Problems?

So as the title of the thread suggests, I'm having problems trying to play a game Online, in SOLO. Is anyone else having the same issue or is it just me.

I've not had an issue previously and on Thursday I bought the Season Pass and downloaded NTZ. I loaded it up and tried to play a SOLO game and it worked. After that, since I've tried to play SOLO, it just sticks on "Creating Lobby".

I've recently got a new PS3 and had forgot to update the port forwarding information to open up my NAT, so I did that today and the game now says NAT: Open, however this didn't make a difference to it and it still sticks on "Creating Lobby". I originally put it down to a problem with NTZ (although I wasn't actually sure what it could be as it's just a map you're loading into a game), but frustratingly it isn't just affecting NTZ, I can no longer go in to play Trazit/Bus Depot/Town/Farm on SOLO either

I can play SOLO on Custom Games, which isn't a problem, apart from your high rounds isn't saved to the leader boards. Likewise, I can go into a Public Match and play fine.

Other things I've tried is signing out of PSN and re-signing in while the game is running, but that didn't have the desired effect either. I've also updated my DNS servers on my console to use Google DNS (8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4) in case of an issue with my ISP's but no joy. Does uPNP have anything to do with it maybe? Although it's turned on on my router settings, my PS3 reports it as Unavailable.

Is anyone else currently having this issue or had it in the past and found a solution for it?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should re-create the connection in your PS3 and make sure UPnP is enabled. Even if your router has the capability, your PS3 can disable it. UPnP stands for Universal Plug and Play, which is a protocol that makes different devices connect with each other more easily, without having to specify a bunch of information.

Since you're not really trying to access the game Online, I really don't see how router/internet connection configurations have anything to do with your problem. Maybe try to uninstall/re-install recent patches/updates and try again.

If all else fails, contact PSN, then Treyarch, then your ISP. (In that order)

*You also may want to look into setting up your PS3 as a DMZ Host. I feel it's more effective (and much easier to configure) for online gaming than opening individual ports.

Pdiddy- I've been trying it since Friday an up to now, no joy.

Eteinal- not sure I understand what you mean by you're not trying to access the game online. As I said in OP, I'm trying to play SOLO, online, not Solo offline. I've also manually configured my LAN setting on my ps, setting uPNP to enabled, however when I save the details and the check them again, it says its not available. I don't have a problem on the Internet, it's not an ISP fault, I'm signed into psn so it's not a Sony fault. So that puts it in the hands of 3arc and the zombie servers. My ps is DMZ host as well so it's not that.

Ps - I know you don't know this, it's not me having a go, but I work in IT (software developer) so I have a good understanding of computing terms :)

Not a massive problem as like I said I can play in Public match or if I want to play solo, use custom games but its annoying that my high rounds aren't saved to the leaderboards.

Anyone else got ideas?

Pdiddy- I've been trying it since Friday an up to now, no joy.

Damn, that sucks bro. I have had it happen a few times and I am on Xbox, so I agree that it has to be on Treyarch's end. I always just played a few games of multiplayer and it would eventually work. Good luck, hope you figure it out

I must have misread the problem, I thought you were having the issue when playing Solo on Local. Thanks for clarification.

I am also in IT, Help Desk support for a large ISP (to remain unnamed).

Now that I'm clear on the issue, I have had this happen before. The symptom showed as either a hanging "Connecting to Server" screen, or a message stating, "The Call of Duty servers are not available at this time..."

When I first saw this, a few weeks ago (pre-patch), I thought, "Oh great, more time away from the game." This was the first weekend following a massive AT&T Uverse outage that had the majority of their customers' MTU rate dropped from 1500 to 576, prohibiting XBL from connecting. So, I was a bit perturbed.

I thought I would give MP a try, JIC, and I was able to get into a public match there easily. I played one match, tried the zombie servers again and they worked. So, the individual stating a switch to MP can fix this can be confirmed by me, but from an IT standpoint...It's tough for me to imagine exactly why this is happening.