License Plate c 72 29? The Bell UH-1 Iroquois Turbine Heli

Xieon

In Tranzit there are several vehicles scattered around the map.

Many of them have the same license plate "C 72 29". Doing a search for this reveals that the license plate is a synonym for the Bell Laps UH-1 Iroquois Helicopter!W

What a coincidence? Even better is that the UH-1

The Bell UH-1 Iroquois (unofficially Huey) is a military helicopter powered by a single, turboshaft engine, with a two-bladed main rotor and tail rotor. The helicopter was developed by Bell Helicopter to meet the United States Army's requirement for a medical evacuation and utility helicopter in 1952, and first flew on 20 October 1956. Ordered into production in March 1960, the UH-1 was the first turbine-powered helicopter to enter production for the United States military, and more than 16,000 have been produced worldwide.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_UH-1_Iroquois

For more information check out the wiki on this helicopter. I thought this was a pretty cool little Easter Egg.

A rotor! Just like the turbine that is so prominant in Tranzit. I'll edit this post later when I find the information I posted on another license plate and how it is also related to "rotor".

Another user said they saw these three plates. I have no verified them myself, however I suspect they are real based upon what I find, the last one is interesting and relates to the "rotor" like on the helicopter.

PM12-2359 = PM is from 12 noon until 1159 at night, or rather 2359 meaning we are using military time.

Am0000-1159 = AM from midnight until 1159 AM.

If tranzit was NOT a clock then why the hell did someone put the license plates are times corresponding to AM/PM and the exact numbers they represent? If it was random it would be more like 3arch.

This is the most damming proof I have seen that Tranzit is actually a giant clock.

L7229 = The model number of a part corresponding to a "rotor/generator". A rotor is a lot like a turbine, and that turbine generates power.

The three cars are telling you that you need to use the Turbine to change the time!

https://www.wbparts.com/rfq/6115-00-307-1521.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This went un-replied to? Really now?

This is great research, friendo! We haven't gave up on the formation speculation of the layout just yet, although people have come to the conclusion that there is no more to the Side Quest in Tranzit for now. But to say we can't suggest new ideas for what could be of Tranzit upon returning (in some different form I suspect) would be utterly arrogant.

So you are saying that the cars laid out in the map are used not only where to use a Turbine for the streetlights, but also what formation to create a landscape clock? My my, what an interesting idea. We could test this idea out now or wait until we get confirmation of returning back to Green Run. Nevertheless, this is great research and discovery. :)

This is Awesome. So would the plate that has 0000 on it, Go along with the Clock in Town. That has no Hands?!?! Also I'm going to check & see if any of the other clocks match up to the corresponding plates.

Seriously good find on this, I think a lot of us had all but forgotten about Green Run/TranZit. But still had high hopes that all that time we spent, was for nothing.

I still think theirs more to the Beams that appear once one side of the T.o.B. has been completed.

Ahh very nice find and research! I've been waiting for something like this to post something I noticed pertaining to the clock.

So, around the map, there are exactly three fallen pylons over the road.

Number 1: Between Diner and Farm

You can find this right after passing the shortcut to town. Goes from the left side of the road to the right.

Number Two: At the Power Stop

This guy falls more diagonally on the road from the left to the right, obviously into the building.

Number Three: Between the Power Stop and Town

This last one falls from the right side of the road to the left side, also a little diagonally in the same direction as the power.

Now, what would three straight objects be doing on a clock? Hmm...

Maybe each of these pylons corresponds to the second, minute, and hour hands on the clock!

Perhaps there is more to the map to be seen?

Also, if you know, do you mind pointing out where these license plates are located?

*All pics have creds to a BlackOpsAmazing TranZit Tour video. I have no capture card, and this video has no-fog theater mode via glitch. Though I know we aren't very big on glitchers, it's a very helpful reference for those like me. Link is here:

I'll put up a video in a second showing how to find that license plate.

I'm just having a having a bit of a problem uploading commentaries, live or after the fact. I did a lot of research on these , and once I put it all up on YouTube

InfestLithium = Check your mailbox

It might be a bit loose to say that C 72 29 equates to the 'Huey' helicopter. That is the registration of one chopper & it's rego is only 72 29.

Though to make a link with the Huey, where did it make it's name? Vietnam.....Though that is not why I'm commenting here. I've been going through some of the previous maps looking for any more clues that may be relevant & I found this.

The 2 vehicles that are in Kino Der Toten also feature in TranZit & the 'Combi Van' also has the same rego - C 72 29

Here is a Combie Van from TranZit

Reused texture? Or something more?

Thank you for pointing that out, PINNAZ. I haven't seen that before. Have you, or anyone else, for that matter, seen any other cars around the old BO maps that have matching textures to those of the destroyed cars in BO2? If one has a matching the PM12-2359 license plate or the Am0000-1159 plate then we may just be on a wild goose chase here.:| As for it being reused or not, I'm not sure. There either could be something big they wanted us to see or something small, considering we had to no-clip to see it.

Also, good job Gintama. I would like to point out that your third pylon location is slightly off. It is found a little past the Shack. I've slightly modified your map to show how the appear on the road.

Notice how the pylons appear to remain on the side of the map excluding the Bus Depot and Diner, creating a loop around the Obelisk. Very interesting...

When you get the opportunity, could you add in the license plate locations? I am stuill yet to see where they are.

The 2 vehicles that are in Kino Der Toten also feature in TranZit & the 'Combi Van' also has the same rego - C 72 29

DUDE, lovin' it. I actually never noticed this, and I truly cannot believe that it would JUST be a reused texture. Then again - Shangri-La signs in TranZit never got explained either.

In Tranzit there are several vehicles scattered around the map.

Many of them have the same license plate "C 72 29". Doing a search for this reveals that the license plate is a synonym for the Bell Laps UH-1 Iroquois Helicopter!W

What a coincidence? Even better is that the UH-1

The Bell UH-1 Iroquois (unofficially Huey) is a military helicopter powered by a single, turboshaft engine, with a two-bladed main rotor and tail rotor. The helicopter was developed by Bell Helicopter to meet the United States Army's requirement for a medical evacuation and utility helicopter in 1952, and first flew on 20 October 1956. Ordered into production in March 1960, the UH-1 was the first turbine-powered helicopter to enter production for the United States military, and more than 16,000 have been produced worldwide.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_UH-1_Iroquois

For more information check out the wiki on this helicopter. I thought this was a pretty cool little Easter Egg.

A rotor! Just like the turbine that is so prominant in Tranzit. I'll edit this post later when I find the information I posted on another license plate and how it is also related to "rotor".

Another user said they saw these three plates. I have no verified them myself, however I suspect they are real based upon what I find, the last one is interesting and relates to the "rotor" like on the helicopter.

PM12-2359 = PM is from 12 noon until 1159 at night, or rather 2359 meaning we are using military time.

Am0000-1159 = AM from midnight until 1159 AM.

If tranzit was NOT a clock then why the hell did someone put the license plates are times corresponding to AM/PM and the exact numbers they represent? If it was random it would be more like 3arch.

This is the most damming proof I have seen that Tranzit is actually a giant clock.

L7229 = The model number of a part corresponding to a "rotor/generator". A rotor is a lot like a turbine, and that turbine generates power.

The three cars are telling you that you need to use the Turbine to change the time!

https://www.wbparts.com/rfq/6115-00-307-1521.html

I'm a bit late to post this but oh well, I've been meaning to for a while, what happens if we leave our turbines in the generator room while it's turning on?

Thank you for pointing that out, PINNAZ. I haven't seen that before. Have you, or anyone else, for that matter, seen any other cars around the old BO maps that have matching textures to those of the destroyed cars in BO2? If one has a matching the PM12-2359 license plate or the Am0000-1159 plate then we may just be on a wild goose chase here.:| As for it being reused or not, I'm not sure. There either could be something big they wanted us to see or something small, considering we had to no-clip to see it.

Also, good job Gintama. I would like to point out that your third pylon location is slightly off. It is found a little past the Shack. I've slightly modified your map to show how the appear on the road.

Notice how the pylons appear to remain on the side of the map excluding the Bus Depot and Diner, creating a loop around the Obelisk. Very interesting...

When you get the opportunity, could you add in the license plate locations? I am stuill yet to see where they are.

Yea im compiling the locations of License plates tonight *hopefully* and will update my map to show them.

Bagel, we can both agree I was more than a little off :lol:

It seems I placed the pylon in reverse order (distance from town to power vs power to town)

It might be a bit loose to say that C 72 29 equates to the 'Huey' helicopter. That is the registration of one chopper & it's rego is only 72 29.

Though to make a link with the Huey, where did it make it's name? Vietnam.....Though that is not why I'm commenting here. I've been going through some of the previous maps looking for any more clues that may be relevant & I found this.

I'm now almost sure it's only a reused texture. I started up a game of Survival on Town today, and noticed that the same exact car is set up to block off the rest of the Green Run map next to the bank.

*Sorry for bad image. I borrowed it from an Im Chucky FTW video because something's up with my ELITE screenshots. It had the same license and everything. :|