Error regarding persistent rank data

Rissole25

Anyone else getting this? I start getting lag spikes even on 4 bars, than I'm kicked out of the game with a message saying

"an error occured while accessing persistent rank data (1)"

I've looked around and heard this occurs with the 1.7 patch, it seems most people are getting it. Heard reports of it affecting Zombies, but I can't confirm that (since the Solo lobby is stuck creating it :? )

Treyarch will need to do a hot-fix, or a 1.71 patch, as its pretty game breaking.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else getting this? I start getting lag spikes even on 4 bars, than I'm kicked out of the game with a message saying

"an error occured while accessing persistent rank data (1)"

I've looked around and heard this occurs with the 1.7 patch, it seems most people are getting it. Heard reports of it affecting Zombies, but I can't confirm that (since the Solo lobby is stuck creating it :? )

Treyarch will need to do a hot-fix, or a 1.71 patch, as its pretty game breaking.

um i had a problem with the creating a solo lobby problem, it only happened when my internet was getting heavy use (others using it while im playing) and as for the error the only one i got before the patch was ("some of you persistent rank data has or is corrupted") this was after i had the knife with glowing eyes and went back to the wood should no glowing eyes not even 1 tally mark...i know it went a little off topic and i couldnt help you but atleast sharing the problems and getting them out there is a big step.

Rissole, here are a few things you could try:

Clear your system cache for your HD

If that doesn't work, have you installed the game onto your HD? Try this if not.

If that doesn't work, try a soft reset. Move all BO2 content onto a safe external HD, delete all existing BO2 content on console HD, clear system cache for console HD, reboot and pop the game in. It should be as if your console has never ran BO2 - thus you can identify if it was a problem with your saved game ir perhaps a corrupted file.

PM me if you've got any q's.

I'm with PS3, so some of those things I don't think are possible.

But I did delete the game data, installed the necessary data and patch again, and than installed it to hard drive.

Only played one MP match, but it was still the same. Except I got signed out of the PSN network, which was happening abit before. Waiting for Nuketown Zombies and 2025 to install before I check Zombies and more MP.

shoot Rissole I really thought that would work. sorry about that, I hope you get it fixed soon! did you get a warranty on the disc?

I've had an issue where my xbox has trouble recognizing BO2 as an actual disc. Very strange. 8/10 times it'll say "disc read error", or simply will say "open tray" as if there is no disc in there. It got a little better for me when I installed the game onto my HD, but regardless - I still have troubles with this.

not cool, 3arc.

l GRILL l : I've had an issue where my xbox has trouble recognizing BO2 as an actual disc. Very strange. 8/10 times it'll say "disc read error", or simply will say "open tray" as if there is no disc in there. It got a little better for me when I installed the game onto my HD, but regardless - I still have troubles with this.

hey dude i feel your pain!

which PS3 model do you have? i have a 2nd gen. and about 8/10 it wont show up at all on the dashboard,,,

to be clear, it only does that if i take the game out of the machine and or shutdown/restart...

on some occasions ive put in and ejected the disk for 10mins. before it recognised it...

funny thing is... i put in ops1(if you saw this disk... you'd be horrified! ultra scratched!), it read and played instantly.

So i tried other games to rule out the "lucky" factor, Gran Turismo,NFS Undercover, MW3 etc. ALL worked and loaded

instantly.

So after trying all these games and my blood pressure slowly rising, i thought id try loading ops2 one more time..

loaded instantly!! :shock: WTF!

a friend of mine bought the game 3 TIMES!! but his PS3 would not load it, no matter what he did... he too could play all his other games but ops2...he ended up snaping the first disc LOL

his wife then bought him another one, didn't work.. so he sold it.

he then bought and downloaded it off the PS Store and hasnt had a problem since!

if people wonder why i have no remorse for people being "scammed" by treyarch, this is why.

try spending over $200 on one game!!! and i might shed a tear for you.....

all in all, im almost postive its the PS3 thats the problem here...

woops, i was under the impression you were a PS3 user..

but yea its been a problem for me and the people i play with, the thing we all had in common was old systems.. it might eventually kill your system playing for extended periods of time..

there was a new processor added into the slim version of the PS3, im sure the 360 slim has a new processor from the elite, no ?

*new slims dont have this problem, probably due to being able to run the game more efficiently, ive now confirmed this playing multiplayer with a friend!, he would be loaded in selecting his class waiting to start while i was still loading the map! everytime!*

im thinking old model systems be it PS3 or XBOX, have a hard time running blackops 2 for extended periods of time.

my black ops 2 disk is in MINT condition, as it hardly leaves my console... why else would my machine play every other game perfectly... but i put in ops2 and i get problems...

so im really not sure ... i need a new system already anyways, so i might buy a new one just to see the difference for myself... i dont really want to dip into the money ive put aside for PS4 :evil:

shoot Rissole I really thought that would work. sorry about that, I hope you get it fixed soon! did you get a warranty on the disc?

I've had an issue where my xbox has trouble recognizing BO2 as an actual disc. Very strange. 8/10 times it'll say "disc read error", or simply will say "open tray" as if there is no disc in there. It got a little better for me when I installed the game onto my HD, but regardless - I still have troubles with this.

not cool, 3arc.

Happens to me all the time too Grill. Also, whenever I first start my xbox, if I don't give it some time before trying to run the game it will freeze 9 times out of 10. If I try to going to multiplayer as soon as the game starts (I have zombies as default) it will also freeze.

And this freeze isn't something you can dashboard out of. The damn power button doesn't even work. No you have to literally unplug the power cord. :?

It's pretty damn annoying to say the least.

Happens to me all the time too Grill. Also, whenever I first start my xbox, if I don't give it some time before trying to run the game it will freeze 9 times out of 10. If I try to going to multiplayer as soon as the game starts (I have zombies as default) it will also freeze.

And this freeze isn't something you can dashboard out of. The damn power button doesn't even work. No you have to literally unplug the power cord. :?

It's pretty damn annoying to say the least.

Agreed on the annoying part. I think devs are starting to make games that are truly made for next gen, our current models are struggling lol.

It's not good on your console,either - to keep manually shutting it off because you freeze.