Emotional Attachment

FatedTitan

Am I the only one who became more attached to the T4 due to the cut scene at the beginning? As I watched it and I saw Stully consider suicide and Russman sacrifice himself, I just became a little more attached to the characters. Still enjoy the O4 better, but the T4 aren't as bad.

Also, I'm calling it now. Last map pack features an 8 player map featuring all the characters together.

Another thing I want to call now. With the cheesy mode names we're getting this year and with the leaked "Dead High" map, which honestly sounds kind of dumb, I'm saying that the last zombie map ever will be called Dead End and at the end of the Easter Egg, a teleporter will be constructed that sends the crew all the way back to Nacht. And as we've seen with Brock and Gary and now the T4, everything is just a circular path we're retaking over and over again. I think that would be fun.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already Called the last map having 8 players xD its possible due to the grief code being in die rise and that the characters you play are the T4 so it is setup for an 8 player map where the T4 v O4

original Post : viewtopic.php?f=139&t=29187 for more info

and idk if sam considers suicide think hes more frozen then anything during the cutscene

I think he is. The voice over is saying stuff like "What if I don't wanna" and stuff when the voices are telling him what to do. He seems like he's really struggling because the voices won't leave him alone. They show his feet at the edge of a building looking down. Then it shows his face, a cold, tired face that looks ready to just end it all. It doesn't show fear, which is what should be shown if Stully was just looking down at how high he was and was fearful of how high it actually was. Instead, we get the face I described above, which shows no fear.

See there's a problem with what your saying and if we are going by how to cutscene plays out Sam clearly tells ric not to tell the others about the flesh as he FEARS they would kill him so he does fear death so he wouldn't commit suicide as I said he is just frozen in thinking well communacating with ric hence why he is got off guard when the zombies come. Sorry about any grammer stuff in my posts on phone xP

• Administrators

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one OPL. I think it's pretty obvious he's contemplating suicide by how the cutscene plays out. Standing at the edge looking down, then a shot of his cold, tired face that looks like it just wants to end it.

Looks is the key word here. I'm afraid I have to agree with OPL on this one; when you are talking to a zombie overlord that is demanding you follow his very instructions without any reward other than restoring the Earth while not explaining what is going on and blackmailing you, I'd be in a very critical thinking mode. From what the cutscene shows, who isn't to say that Stuhlinger is only near an open area to he could focus and concentrate better. After all, I wouldn't be able to think clearly with zombies around me either.

It's not to say that Stuhlinger is not contemplating suicide, but this wouldn't exactly be the ideal focus at the moment. What would he care if the Richtofen told the others about The Flesh? If he's dead, nobody can say anything to him.

I would also note that the why he says "well maybe I don't wanna etc.." If anything he is just talking back with a little bit of sas ( idk how to spell it) also note this is all concept art so some facial / lighting would be a tad different then what treyarch may have been trying to convey. (Ie marlton looks like a badass coming out of the elevator but in game his still just normal marlton xP

he still is a badass but not so much xD

Like the everyone else, I'm not too on with the suicide thing. But yeah, watching Russman just get torn apart made me go "Awwwww I liked that guy."

As for the final DLC, I highly doubt it. At least, not for the main gamemode. I can see them releasing a game mode like Greif featuring them, but the main map would probably be too big or laggy for it. That's why we never saw Greif on GLF.

typically you have to go through an experience to appreciate it. TranZit was more or less, an experience (to put it nicely) - and having gone through it... yeah I feel a lot closer to the T4.

on the 8 player note - I think it'd be so awesome... but I'm skeptical... skeptical of 3arc, and the amount of work that would have to be put in for something like that (considering the layoffs as well). I don't like being negative, so yeah - prove me wrong 3arc!

if he wanted to be dead, he would be.

maybe no, and that's the point of all the "i think i have seen this before" line.

it makes me think of a short story by harlan elison called "i have no mouth and i want to scream", in which a super computer hase ruined the world and is now playing with the four survivors that it keeps alive, curing them everytime they try to suicide, having fun torturing them.

i think richtofen can do everything he wants including keeping the crew alive, in a way or another (by sending them back in time obviously).

if he wanted to be dead, he would be.

maybe no, and that's the point of all the "i think i have seen this before" line.

it makes me think of a short story by harlan elison called "i have no mouth and i want to scream", in which a super computer hase ruined the world and is now playing with the four survivors that it keeps alive, curing them everytime they try to suicide, having fun torturing them.

i think richtofen can do everything he wants including keeping the crew alive, in a way or another (by sending them back in time obviously).

Okay, good reasoning. I still didn't get that emote from him, but I get what your point here was.

Like I said, agree to disagree. All I know is that if I'm on the edge of a building looking down, I'm certainly going to find something to stand behind to make sure I don't fall. Stully's feet are on the edge and he's looking down. One of his feet even has part of it hanging off. The voices are telling him what to do. As Stully asks "What do you mean 'man the rift'", he's looking over the edge and says "Maybe I don't wanna." Yes, this is more of him sassing at the voices, but that's not the point. In fact, I don't think that part has anything to do with the suicide contemplation. When he says, "What do you mean 'man the rift'", his voice is full of confusion and frustration. He is sick of these voices in his head telling him stuff to do. And despite what some say on here, I don't believe those voices are Richtofen's. They're probably the voices that Richtofen had in his head. Remember, Sam didn't communicate with Richtofen through voices in his head. She could be the announcer like Richtofen is now, but she wasn't part of the voices. There's another force that's also talking to Stully.

And now that he's got all these voices telling him what to do, he looks down off the side of the building, nothing to hold onto in the shot, one foot partway off. Then we cut to his face: a cold, tired face that looks ready to end it all. I keep saying that over and over I know, but that's what his face personifies. A man who's just done. Forget the dialogue that is happening and look at the man. He's standing on the edge of a building with one foot partway off and he has no fear. He's stone cold, looking in a way like he would be perfectly fine falling off the side. In fact, his eyes are even looking down toward the ground. The whole facial expression just shows a man who is fed up with what is happening.

And in response to OPL. Concept art? No way man. Not even close. You don't make concept art of this type of stuff, then decide to just turn it into a nice cut scene. No this was intentionally made exactly how it was for a reason. I don't even see how this could be considered concept art.

Like I said, agree to disagree. All I know is that if I'm on the edge of a building looking down, I'm certainly going to find something to stand behind to make sure I don't fall. Stully's feet are on the edge and he's looking down. One of his feet even has part of it hanging off. The voices are telling him what to do. As Stully asks "What do you mean 'man the rift'", he's looking over the edge and says "Maybe I don't wanna." Yes, this is more of him sassing at the voices, but that's not the point. In fact, I don't think that part has anything to do with the suicide contemplation. When he says, "What do you mean 'man the rift'", his voice is full of confusion and frustration. He is sick of these voices in his head telling him stuff to do. And despite what some say on here, I don't believe those voices are Richtofen's. They're probably the voices that Richtofen had in his head. Remember, Sam didn't communicate with Richtofen through voices in his head. She could be the announcer like Richtofen is now, but she wasn't part of the voices. There's another force that's also talking to Stully.

And now that he's got all these voices telling him what to do, he looks down off the side of the building, nothing to hold onto in the shot, one foot partway off. Then we cut to his face: a cold, tired face that looks ready to end it all. I keep saying that over and over I know, but that's what his face personifies. A man who's just done. Forget the dialogue that is happening and look at the man. He's standing on the edge of a building with one foot partway off and he has no fear. He's stone cold, looking in a way like he would be perfectly fine falling off the side. In fact, his eyes are even looking down toward the ground. The whole facial expression just shows a man who is fed up with what is happening.

And in response to OPL. Concept art? No way man. Not even close. You don't make concept art of this type of stuff, then decide to just turn it into a nice cut scene. No this was intentionally made exactly how it was for a reason. I don't even see how this could be considered concept art.

Its concept Art, quite simply possibly even the story board for a sequence that they may have intended to do a actully in game style cut scene, ( I would know i do lots of film planning with many people this is a simple storyboard,) they may have relized that they liked this more then a "Call of the dead" Style opening,

this looks similar to lots of the concept art that was seen of zombies Pre Black ops 2, His "eyes looking down ward" it a simple thing what would you do if you just got teleported from North America to China in the blink of an eye, you would not go "Cool Act normal Like nothing happened" you would probably take a sec to see where the hell you are all the time talking to a Insane demon voice in your head. I dont see the reason to complicate things when its quite clear :|

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one OPL. I see him contemplating suicide. You, and apparently many others, do not. Fine. Only way we would inconclusively know the right answer is if a dev told us, which I doubt they're going to do.

I can totally understand the suicide thing. It's almost like he's saying: "well maybe I don't wanna, maybe I just wanna jump".

Well, if he's considering suicide with the "Maybe I don't wanna?" then why does he immediately after freak out with 'they'd kill me if they knew. [about the flesh.]) I don't think you can change your mind about suicide because of a death threat. And if he is valuing the fact that his friends would kill him and end his life, then why would he want to kill himself?

I wouldn't consider that quote when giving the suicide idea. I think more along the lines of the voice sounding confused and frustrated and his facial expression. Also, the positioning of where he is on the side of the building. His foot has part of it over the edge. He may be wondering where he's at, but I don't know anyone that would stand that close to the edge that high up and just stay there. He didn't back up or anything. He even stayed there just looking cold and tired when it transitioned to his face.

In response to the suicide situation you have to remember you are dealing with an emotionally disturbed individual who has survived probably countless years of horrific acts followed by constant voices in his head and a timeline that has obviously been screwed up for him. The mandate of "how his thinking works" is completely off context from a "normal" perspective as we don't have a zombie apocalyptic world in which super-human beings from the Aether attempt to control us with constant mental abuse.

Now for some info we do know,

"If a person is determined to kill him/herself, nothing is going to stop him/her."

Not True. Even the most severely depressed person has mixed feelings about death, and most waiver until the very last moment between wanting to live and wanting to end their pain. Most suicidal people do not want to die; they want the pain to stop. The impulse to end it all, however overpowering, does not last forever.

As far as his quote after the Ledge Stare into Spaceit has been noted in many cases of suicidal patients having fears of being murdered or family disapproval of an act they have done. It's only been the T4 for who knows how long and these guys have been through hell together and back. It is easily plausible for a mentally disturbed individual in this situation to be more afraid of the disapproval of those closest to them then actually fearing the act of suicide (which is actually seen as a relief/release for those clinically depressed).

Stuhlinger has a long list of mental illnesses and many that probably haven't been documented (lets give 3arc a benefit of the doubt). In either case there's no "Go-To" guide for this one and anything is game.

-KeredNomrah69

*side note: I really hope the browser history for researching this post isn't going to get me my own Intervention episode! What you guys make me do for quality assurance, tsk tsk ;)