Methods to Help STOP Players From Quitting/Ruining the Game

Ok, first off, if someone is a quitter than they are a quitter and there is nothing you can do about it and your game is going to be ruined. Sorry.

However, there is something you can do to help increase the chance that your game will not be ruined by someone quitting if you do one thing. Pay attention to what color the dead players are going to spawn on and then have that player be in the right place when the next round starts.

Here is a common scenario:

It's round 24, you are doing great, fewest downs, most points. But two of your teammates have been dying at the beginning of the last 2 rounds and are just quietly watching you play the game because they are dead and you think they might quit out.

So you have to take charge and get them set back up by determining which living players screen the deceased players are going to spawn on.

It goes:

White

Blue

Yellow

Green

So whatever LIVING player is the highest color, that's who's screen your dead teammates are going to spawn on. And I don't mean highest scoring player...I literally mean the highest color in order of which color is on top/higher than the colors beneath it.

If white is alive, dead players spawn on white no matter who else is alive.

If white is dead, then all the players will spawn on blue's screen, if blue and white are dead, all players spawn on yellow's screen. And the only way to spawn on green's screen is for every other player to be dead except green.

How does this help you? Well...if you are dead and waiting to come back...now you know which color player you need to ask to stand next to juggernog right as the next round starts and you come back to life so that you can get jug in the first 5 seconds of spawing back to life.

And then you can help your own dead teammates and help them not quit by knowing what color player you need to ask to stand next to jug or a gun as the round starts...even just this effort alone is sometimes enough to get people not to quit...but eventually you are gonna have to get them fully set up again in order for them keep going.

Remember kids, only you, can help prevent forest fires, No wait, I mean, quitting games, only you can help prevent quitting games....by umm, not quitting games.

Ask yourself this question and see which side you fall on....

its round 28, you have a crawler, player 4 is dead, player 3 has juggernog and a m1911 starting pistol player 2 has no juggernog and no useable weapon or has a useable weapon but no ammo...the point is you are player 1: If you have 4 perks, 3 pack a punched guns, 0 downs, and enough money to easily buy all 4 perks again and re-pack-a-punch a third gun.....Do you hold a grenade and down yourself and let your teammates pick u up over and over so they can get the points they need to buy the proper equipment for the next round or do you keep silent and not mention that as a possibility and let them fend for themselves.

I promise you the best zombie players are the least selfish and most helpful players.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I did not know this - I always assumed that players would spawn in a pretty open area that is not in some obscure location. It'll be hard to force other teammates to understand this concept if you are not one of the highest colors nor the last one alive, but with communication, I'm sure it'll work it very well.

Thanks for the great tip, friendo! :)

Pretty good tips!

I did not know you spawned at the White player. I knew the White player attracted the most zombies (if all players were equally apart from each other and the zombies), but not this.

If you're the White player, take note of your power in the game. It can be the reason a game lasts long or ends short.

"I did not know you spawned at the White player. I knew the White player attracted the most zombies (if all players were equally apart from each other and the zombies), but not this."

Lol, that is not exactly accurate and I should clarify to avoid any confusion.

You only spawn on the white player IF the white player is ALIVE. It goes White, Blue, Yellow, Green. That is the order from top to bottom, white being on top.

"If you're the White player, take note of your power in the game. It can be the reason a game lasts long or ends short."

That is certainly true and it can also be the reason your game saves to the leaderboard at a high round or a lower round because someone quit out because they kept dying. Those are the types of quitters that we can help.

This is good information and now a better one about etiquette.

The scenario is 2 players are dead with limited funds. You're all setup with your perks, weapon and ammo. The other player that's up has just recovered last round and only has Jugg and a weapon they'd rather not have. This player wants to withdraw funds, gather perks, and PaP a weapon in between rounds. Should this be tolerated?

One one hand, it's good to have more than one player setup as you approach higher rounds and giving this player a chance to get setup could be beneficial in the long run, but on the other hand, is it fair to the dead players? After all he does have a huge advantage already with Jugg. Should the dead players be forced to wait in agony or should the slight advantage that the one player has be accepted as it is and he left to fend for himself as the round begins and the other players are given a chance to get setup?

• Administrators

The scenario is 2 players are dead with limited funds. You're all setup with your perks, weapon and ammo. The other player that's up has just recovered last round and only has Jugg and a weapon they'd rather not have. This player wants to withdraw funds, gather perks, and PaP a weapon in between rounds. Should this be tolerated?

One one hand, it's good to have more than one player setup as you approach higher rounds and giving this player a chance to get setup could be beneficial in the long run, but on the other hand, is it fair to the dead players? After all he does have a huge advantage already with Jugg. Should the dead players be forced to wait in agony or should the slight advantage that the one player has be accepted as it is and he left to fend for himself as the round begins and the other players are given a chance to get setup?

He technically has the better advantage of being alive in the first place. On top of that, he can use the bank at the same time everyone else does. If he really needs a different gun or perk, he can go run to a certain location himself and either train for a bit to get themselves situated with enough points to grab, say, an Ak-74u or even hit the Mystery Box at least once. The main concern is getting the dead players re-situated to get back on their feet.

Getting everyone to accomplish certain things together so the team can survive and succeed whether one person likes it or not is a little something I like to call teamwork. Most zombie players don't know about this abstract concept, but it could better everyone in the long run, believe it or not.

I'd agree with you, there. Though I understand the one player wanting to be more firmly situated, in the interest of not having the dead players quit, I think it would be better to start the next round as is so they don't have to wait.

However, I may adjust this reasoning depending on the skill level of these dead players. If I felt the living player was much more skilled than them, I would want to allow that player more time to be comfortable with his loadout before changing the round. If the new round started and those two dead players were given a chance to get situated, a poor skill/low bank account may just end in them dying again, in which case, the team would regret not giving the more skilled player more time.

It comes to a point, I guess where you have to weigh the skill levels of all players against the present circumstances. Is it really fun for unskilled players to watch one or two skilled players carry them to higher levels?

• Administrators

I agree with you; players vary among skill level, and you certainly would not want to be unfair to a great slayer; however, none of it will matter anymore if other players leave. It's the cold truth.

It comes to a point, I guess where you have to weigh the skill levels of all players against the present circumstances. Is it really fun for unskilled players to watch one or two skilled players carry them to higher levels?

Look at it this way: Player A is you (a substantially well-defined player), Player B is dead, Player C is also a skilled player but has very low-leveled weapons/perk setup, and Player D is also dead. At this point in time, you should know right off the bat whether Player B and D are skilled players or not. If they are, they will have no problem getting back on their feet. If they are not, being able to start up with nothing on hand but points will be difficult for them.

The reason I point this out is because the average player (average being generally lower-skilled than a CoDz player [since we are known to have amazing slayers], mind you) will always hit the Mystery Box when it is unnecessary or demand to always get __________ gun/weapon right off the bat. They will also require for power to be on so they could survive a bit longer. The skill level ranges, and it's actually easier to determine a player's true nature when hitting mid-high rounds.

I'm not saying that conforming to everyone's wants will 100% prevent people from leaving the game. There are many outside factors that will lead to their leave of absence such as being impatient when downed constantly, not getting some weapon from the Mystery Box that they really want, or just flat out sucking. If you know that you have a team of varied skills, do things that will benefit everyone in the future so the weakest players could at least be prepared. Otherwise, you risk them leaving for waiting around too much.

No offense, but this is the first I have heard of this. I'm not so sure it's true. I suppose I could test it myself but I was hoping someone could calm my fears by saying something additional, thus eliminating the need for me to test it myself.

If it is true, then keep in mind spawning near a certain player might not be considered "near". For example, in the Mystery Box spawn area, players will always be spawned "near" them, i.e. beyond the drop-off point. Only if they know how to jump from the couch back up the Mystery Box will they be able to get back to the Box.

If you know that you have a team of varied skills, do things that will benefit everyone in the future so the weakest players could at least be prepared. Otherwise, you risk them leaving for waiting around too much.

Our chain is only as strong as our weakest link.

Good stuff, btw, I like that bit about CoDZ being good slayers. Ha! :D

No offense, but this is the first I have heard of this. I'm not so sure it's true. I suppose I could test it myself but I was hoping someone could calm my fears by saying something additional, thus eliminating the need for me to test it myself.

If it is true, then keep in mind spawning near a certain player might not be considered "near". For example, in the Mystery Box spawn area, players will always be spawned "near" them, i.e. beyond the drop-off point. Only if they know how to jump from the couch back up the Mystery Box will they be able to get back to the Box.

It is true. I've confirmed it, numerous times, but you're right. They only spawn in said player's general area, not right next to them.

Hmm wasn't aware this isn't common knowledge. I'm a huge game mechanics sort of person so these are the little things that perk my interest. There's also a few other tips as well like they said above about more zombies spawning with white and other fun facts like jumping over a crawling zombie changes his personality (fast to slow and back again). Spawning player wise every area has "spawn locations". For instance if your in the tunnel you can stand on the first steps in tunnel and spawn them there or simply walk further down the tunnel and they will spawn in diner. Another example is power house, if your at the electrical trap you spawn them inside the power house, anywhere else and they spawn outside by the ak74

As far as methods go any strategy you make will be out the door with the first step you make, plans are like that. Downing yourself for others seems pretty overboard unless your just wanting to end your game but I admire your dedication :P.

This is just my 2 cents and my opinion is no greater than anyone else's. Wasn't even really expecting anyone to respond.

Not that it really matters but for starters, I think you guys read the scenario incorrectly...

Its round 28, you have a crawler, player 4 is dead, player 3 has juggernog and a m1911 starting pistol player 2 has no juggernog and no useable weapon or has a useable weapon but no ammo...the point is you are player 1: If you have 4 perks, 3 pack a punched guns, 0 downs, and enough money to easily buy all 4 perks again and re-pack-a-punch a third gun.....Do you hold a grenade and down yourself and let your teammates pick u up over and over so they can get the points they need to buy the proper equipment for the next round or do you keep silent and not mention that as a possibility and let them fend for themselves.

When I read that,I come away thinking only player 4 is dead. And I wrote it. And I have read it multiple times trying to see if I made some dumb error or didn't use a word correctly and I can't come up with anything.

Player 4- dead

Player 3- Jug and starting pistol

Player 2- No jug and...no useable weapon or has useable weapon but no ammo (and not a wall gun).

Player 1- You.

I don't know how much that really changes anything, as there are multiple scenario's we could come up with and debate the best/correct course of action.

My main point was this though...I/YOU/WE don't want people to quit the game because it ruins the game for the players who did nothing wrong except play cod zombies with other people. Sometimes, we can prevent a player from quitting if we make the effort to get them "set back up" with juggernog and almost any reasonable gun. To people who think me downing myself with a grenade is dedication, they are wrong, the way I see it, I almost have no choice at all.

To me, a player quitting the game has now become the equivilent of the game ending. You wanna avoid it at all costs. So if I need to down myself to give 2 other players money to get guns and jug....then I would be a fool not to because logically speaking, that gives my team more incentive to stay and not quit because they know I will get them set back up and it gives them a higher chance of living through the round because they have the proper equipment...and the alternative is that you do nothing...keep your 90k points...one of them or both of them die again....then one of both of them quit....and then where are you now????? Seriously fellas...at that point...where are you and your 90k points? You are nowhere. The game is now over and is going to save on whatever round that player left on. But um, good thing you have all those points to spend on NOTHING. Once you get all perks and pack a punch...there is nothing to do or buy in the game. It's not even fun after like round 25 because there is nothing to do at all...it's not like you can buy a chopper gunner for 45 seconds for 100k dollars.....THERE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MONEY/POINTS lol....so if you can use them to get 2 other players jug and guns, you'd be a fool not to. IMO. lol.

If you think a player is going to sit there from rounds 20-25, 25-30, 20-30, 20-40 or whatever combination you want, if you really think those players are going to sit there and watch your screen and watch you have fun for like 50 minutes, because they keep dying trying to grab jug and a gun, you are very very very naive and wrong. Extremely few players will do that. So if I keep letting them die and do nothing to help them, then I am fucking stupid and might as well send them an invitation to quit the game because that is precisely what is going to happen.

Why Treyarch punishes players who have done nothing wrong...that I don't know. Why is there no stat for number of matches/games quit? That would be like, easily, easily, easily, easily times 1 billion the most important stat in the entire game. I don't care if you are new, I don't care if you don't talk much, don't care if you are freaking horrible at the game and do every single thing wrong, I only care...if you are gonna quit the game....don't care about your headshots, don't care about your kills, don't care about your super secret hiding places or your stupid glitches that take the fun out of the game because you can't get hit or die, I don't care if you can fly around the map, seriously, great, good for you, I only care if you are going to quit the game like a little schoolgirl...that is all I care about.

What is "set back up"

I personally....again I PERSONALLY....just me, my opinion, 1 man, not right or wrong as there is no right or wrong but to me...being "set up" means I have juggernog and basically almost any guy in the game except a small few...for example I think if you are dead and you come back to life and I get you juggernog and an AK74u, in my mind, that is being set up and that is fair.

Instead of fragging myself and losing the setup that I achieved, I would comment to my random players the following:

If you plan on quitting, please let me know. I am setup very well and I know I can get to much higher rounds, but I am unsure if I will be able keep everyone else revived while I get there. If you want to achieve high rounds and don't mind spectating, stay tuned, but if you are thinking of quitting due to me not reviving you, just let me know.

If they announce they want to quit or I sense that they might by their reactions, it's time to deposit then pre-emptively quit. If they seem to be on board with letting me do my thing and either will try to keep up or just spectate, then I will keep playing.

When I first started playing BO:Z, spectating was how I learned to train/kite. It was how I learned which routes were safe and which routes led to disaster, so, in my eyes, it's a very good thing for a new player to spectate a seasoned and skilled player because they will learn a lot.