*Update* The Rift

zombo187

I have a theory that the "Rift" may be a seperation of realities amongst the zombies world and the campaign/multiplayer world of WaW, Bo 1 and BO 2. We have multiple could-be clues that stand to verify this theory.

1. Verrukt - Is largely based on a multiplayer map in WaW.

2. Ascension - Was also a project in the actual BO Campaign, Elements of which transfered over to multiplayer.

3. Nuketown Zombies - To Quote directly "Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game"

4. BOII Multi-player and Campaign EEs - We see in both multi player maps and camaign maps different spots where specific notes say "zombies are coming" on them and are posted on bulletin boards.

5. Nacht Der Untoten loading screen - When the mysterious person teleports we see faintly that the "numbers" fro BO campaign are present upon exit of the teleporter.

6. Five - In game when we teleport we also see the "numbers" from BO camaign. (This one I am a bit hazy on, and may need to be fact checked.)

7. We see an update of guns in the mystery box, even though the world ended. Not a strong clue but could be relevant.

8. In the Black Ops campaign, if you play the level "Numbers" and follow a specific set of instructions to complete this "Easter Egg", you can unlock a Thunder Gun in the Camaign mode.

Thanks for reading, let me know of any thoughts you have on the subject!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Those are some good ideas, friendo! The more possibilities we can come up with for determine the Rift, the better we'll understand Richtofen's ulterior motive fully.

The way I see it, mending the rift would mean that something needs to be repaired or reconstructed in order to make it optimal and working once more (definition of 'mend'). Like you said, this "rift" that is spoken of is a time distortion with alters the future and past together. According to what we've encountered so far, what we do in the past will alter the future, yet what we do in the future will not relate to the past. Proof of this concept can be found in Moon, where launching ballistic missiles to impact Earth theoretically causes Call of the Dead and Shangri-la to have never occurred in the timeframe where our Original Crew had been there.

If we repair the distortion, Richtofen can create a linear timeline in which it'll seem as if he flawlessly rose to power and even prevent Maxis from ever launching the missiles. He also needs constant power; that is why he controls Stuhlinger to lead the group in creating energy satellite receptors. Richtofen alone cannot simply edit history. He'd have to have enough power to go back and prevent/allow certain events to happen.

I don't disagree with anything in particular lithium, but you started out blowing my mind with your comment, and ended with me being completely confused. Re arranging time frames and all is very interesting. The part where Richtofen wants to fix a specific time line though completely baffles me. I would love to read a post on the subject if you have the time and energy.

• Administrators

It's nothing too much to explain about; I was only saying that there is various time distortions which Richtofen wants to fix so he could essential rewrite history in his favor. The rift he tells Stuhlinger is that said distortion, and he cannot do it alone. At the moment, we've been focusing intently on receptors that process and deliver energy to either one of the two entities. With enough power, Richtofen can go back in time and prevent Maxis from destroying the Earth so he could rule over it completely.

To make it simplified, here is a diagram of how things have been turning out for Richtofen as of the moment:

As you can see, the orange represents Samantha begin in power up until Moon. Once Richtofen comes into power, the timeline shifts slightly but not too much. Maxis, however, launched the ballistic missiles at Earth to limit the amount of chaos Richtofen would cause. Because of this, Richtofen is now placed on an entirely new timeline where Call of the Dead and Shangri-la have never occurred. The break line represents the time distortion, though it should be more focused in the middle on Moon than before it.

All the DLCs will lead up to Richtofen & Maxis gaining as much power as possible to take unsustainable actions against the other. By Richtofen mending the time distortion, he creates a straight timeline instead of branching out as shown in the diagram. By doing so, his rise to power and his control over Earth will appear flawless without any hindrances to his plan since he will eradicate Maxis in the finale (or so we can assume).

Ok I see what your getting at now. You believe that Richtofen is trying to "Back to the Future" himself to make sure the events that need to happen still do, right? Maxis blew up the Earth at a point before Richtofen did what he needed to gain power. Thats a solid theory. So you think we are making a planet-sized time teleporter?

It's nothing too much to explain about; I was only saying that there is various time distortions which Richtofen wants to fix so he could essential rewrite history in his favor. The rift he tells Stuhlinger is that said distortion, and he cannot do it alone. At the moment, we've been focusing intently on receptors that process and deliver energy to either one of the two entities. With enough power, Richtofen can go back in time and prevent Maxis from destroying the Earth so he could rule over it completely.

To make it simplified, here is a diagram of how things have been turning out for Richtofen as of the moment:

As you can see, the orange represents Samantha begin in power up until Moon. Once Richtofen comes into power, the timeline shifts slightly but not too much. Maxis, however, launched the ballistic missiles at Earth to limit the amount of chaos Richtofen would cause. Because of this, Richtofen is now placed on an entirely new timeline where Call of the Dead and Shangri-la have never occurred. The break line represents the time distortion, though it should be more focused in the middle on Moon than before it.

All the DLCs will lead up to Richtofen & Maxis gaining as much power as possible to take unsustainable actions against the other. By Richtofen mending the time distortion, he creates a straight timeline instead of branching out as shown in the diagram. By doing so, his rise to power and his control over Earth will appear flawless without any hindrances to his plan since he will eradicate Maxis in the finale (or so we can assume).

This is kind of like saying Zombies is the Animus of CoD then?(for those who have played Assassins creed)

• Administrators

Ok I see what your getting at now. You believe that Richtofen is trying to "Back to the Future" himself to make sure the events that need to happen still do, right? Maxis blew up the Earth at a point before Richtofen did what he needed to gain power. Thats a solid theory. So you think we are making a planet-sized time teleporter?

In a way, yes. Don't think of it as some kind of MTD or our typical teleportation machines, but more of a device that can tear a rip in the space-time continuum. A hole in time, if you want to look at it more specifically. The energy fields all around the Earth will be modified and so will the polarization of the Earth. This is how the tear will occur.

At the same time, we constantly (we meaning the New Crew) deliver energy to Richtofen so he has the power to enter through that time distortion. From there, he can alter the past to create his ideal future.

This is kind of like saying Zombies is the Animus of CoD then?(for those who have played Assassins creed)

I honestly had to look up what the Animus was, since I know little to nothing about Assassin's Creed. :lol: But I don't fully understand how the two could be similar, since Zombies ties in with Campaign and Multiplayer, so every aspect of Call of Duty [Treyarch] games would be involved since World at War. In the same way, however, I guess you can say that the Animus may be complimentary to Zombies when you think of entering different dimensions or timelines in order to change the future. So yes, you'd be pretty correct on saying that.

• Administrators

Can somebody please post some pictures of what this guy is talking about? I don't have black ops 2 and don't feel like searching through youtube.

What pictures? The OP is relating certain elements from the zombies map into what could be the rift mentioned in the Die Rise intro. We see particular traits that Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies all share that could make them very well linked (which they already are). This rift, as he is saying, is separated at the moment and may need to be repaired so everything can fall back into line as it was in Black Ops and World at War.

• Administrators

I'm a bit confused about what Lithium is trying to say, Maxis destroyed the earth after Rictofen became a god-like being, are you trying to say somehow by launching the missiles it has interrupted a new timeline? I don't get why you're saying there are 2 timelines and where the new timeline was created?

Not necessarily two, but one whole new one where the original did not exist anymore. To make better understanding of this, understand that everyone that occurred beyond Moon would be eliminated. This is difficult now because we are quite hesitant on determining Moon's true time and date, but let's say that it is in the 1970's. The missiles hit Earth and now Call of the Dead/Shangri-la never occur. But beforehand, it did. So we had the original timeline, and then it was soon altered because we affected the future via the missiles.

Sorry for not linking reference material, I didn't think that this was detailed enough to require it. I posted this relatively quickly and did not consider that it would be confusing for some.

Thanks Lithium for the pictures!

Basically I was just trying to explore the connection between the campaign, multiplayer and zombies because even if it is only canon there does seem to be some form of relationship between them.

I'm a bit confused about what Lithium is trying to say, Maxis destroyed the earth after Rictofen became a god-like being, are you trying to say somehow by launching the missiles it has interrupted a new timeline? I don't get why you're saying there are 2 timelines and where the new timeline was created?

Not necessarily two, but one whole new one where the original did not exist anymore. To make better understanding of this, understand that everyone that occurred beyond Moon would be eliminated. This is difficult now because we are quite hesitant on determining Moon's true time and date, but let's say that it is in the 1970's. The missiles hit Earth and now Call of the Dead/Shangri-la never occur. But beforehand, it did. So we had the original timeline, and then it was soon altered because we affected the future via the missiles.

Oh I get it now, since the teleporters didn't only take them through space but through time meaning when Rictofen went to the future to get the Rod and focusing stone, that wouldn't be able to happen. Makes sense and this is a really good theory, I hope the zombies creators take this into mind before they try to answer our questions, or else they'd have a plothole in their hands.

Here's how Richtofen could connect these two world. Imagine parallel universes as baking sheets stacked on top of each other, with bugs crawling on them (the bugs are living beings in each universe). because of the arrangement of these universes, the bugs cannot see that there are other universes and thus are oblivious to this fact of the world. However, it is theoretically possible to make a "rip" in the space time continuum of one universe allowing things in an adjacent universe to enter it and vice-verse. This could be what Richtofen is trying to do, merge the universe of campaign and multiplayer with the zombies universe and maybe the aether as this could be another parallel universe.

• Administrators

Here's how Richtofen could connect these two world. Imagine parallel universes as baking sheets stacked on top of each other, with bugs crawling on them (the bugs are living beings in each universe). because of the arrangement of these universes, the bugs cannot see that there are other universes and thus are oblivious to this fact of the world. However, it is theoretically possible to make a "rip" in the space time continuum of one universe allowing things in an adjacent universe to enter it and vice-verse. This could be what Richtofen is trying to do, merge the universe of campaign and multiplayer with the zombies universe and maybe the aether as this could be another parallel universe.

But you don't need to make a rift in those because it is already implied and confirmed that Campaign and Multiplayer connect with the Zombie world. I understand that you are saying the rift has to be mended, hence what Richtofen is trying to accomplish at hand. But what would he care if the events happened in non-zombie worlds? As far as we are concerned, nothing of importance relevance seems like a threat regarding those "universes" besides Maxis and making himself power.

Still, a nice perspective to go by! :)

The way I see it, The campaign and Multi universes are connected to zombies only on a basic level. Sort of how the town of "Silent Hill" is portrayed. By this I mean that the zombies world is only basically derived from the pre existing world. Other than that the rules are completely different. To some degree, it seems that the Campaign universe ultimately dictates the zombies world. I don't mean this as a rule, but only as a pattern I have noticed. In WaW we stuck to the 40s era and BO we jumped to the 60s era and the new BOII Zombies seems to be breaking from some of the zombie traditions but still seems to keep similar time frames between zombies and campaign.

Other than that, I remember reading here on the forums a while ago that some of the zombies in TranZit have collars on that bear a symbol that relates to the antagonists of the Camaign. The possibility of re used textures to save time and money is always there, but who is to say that they don't have reasons they borrow so heavily that pertain to the story? I can't quite bring myself to make that call yet.