ATTN Treyarch - sledgehammer and the fly

just wanted to add one more thing..

think of it like this ... what if treyarch/activision would let PS3 user's pay an extra $20.00 when buying the season pass, to be able get the map packs early alongside 360.

i can say without a doubt i would, and i think alot of other people would pay for that as well

but as ive said before im partial to my PS3...

anyone who thinks getting something exclusive has little value, regradless of how long it is... is being ignorant..

the problem we have with it is not that it is no longer exclusive to us... its that it was advertised that the only way to get the NTZ map was buy purchasing the collectors edition. it's just kinda dishonest to advertise something as "exclusive to this more expensive product" and then after obtaining preoreders etc. for said more expensive product, do a 180 and offer that "exclusive" to anyone who purchases the season pass

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the quality of zombies going down, that "marketing strategy" shouldn't work so well but the sheep buy them anyways because it's a DLC.

In all honesty, I don't see myself buying the next map pack until I see the reactions of others. I won't give them my money unless I'm pleased with what I'm playing. I've had enough of greedy devs putting their hardcore fans in the backseat. The Zombie fanatics made the Treyarch Call of Duty what it is today. Without people like us drooling over the storyline and fighting for high rounds, Call of Duty wouldn't have the fanbase it has today. Sure, it would still be extraordinarily popular, but I wouldn't buy another Call of Duty if I knew Zombies would be cut, and I know a lot of others would too.

I've said this ever since I played Green Run: Treyarch is trying to appeal to the masses at the cost of the hardcore fans.

And as for Nuketown? I honestly think it was extremely dishonest and blatant false advertising.

Did someone say you can't chain kills anymore with the sliquifier?

If so, how would you get the "Slippery When Undead" Achievement?

(I already have it, however, for those who don't...)

You can, you just have to have the gun physically out, but it's impossible to chain super long streaks (200+ zombies) because the only viable place to do it without camping was the China Room, and with the addition of all the puddles, an already tricky place to run has quickly turned into a nightmarish hellhole of undead and slip'n'slides.

I just want to let everyone know that the

AN94 SLIDE GLITCH IS NOT FIXED BEWARE DYING AND GETTING STUCK IN A WALL

I went down it with all full pack a punched guns with all the perks except who's who and I randomly went down

I hit the ramp and everything but after that I slid down got stuck in a wall and spazzed out and went down

Confused I asked someone to revive me They tried but they said I was floating in the elevator shaft right before the AN 94 and I half of my body was in the wall.

I went down as carefully as always no change.

Losing about 20k worth of stuff I was furious.... C'mon Treyarch I know this makes the game harder but im pretty sure your not supposed to die there.

jinro wrote:

just wanted to add one more thing..

think of it like this ... what if treyarch/activision would let PS3 user's pay an extra $20.00 when buying the season pass, to be able get the map packs early alongside 360.

i can say without a doubt i would, and i think alot of other people would pay for that as well

but as ive said before im partial to my PS3...

anyone who thinks getting something exclusive has little value, regradless of how long it is... is being ignorant..

by birdman22

the problem we have with it is not that it is no longer exclusive to us... its that it was advertised that the only way to get the NTZ map was buy purchasing the collectors edition. it's just kinda dishonest to advertise something as "exclusive to this more expensive product" and then after obtaining preoreders etc. for said more expensive product, do a 180 and offer that "exclusive" to anyone who purchases the season pass

yes i understand that, im just trying to emphasise the fact getting something early is worth paying extra. even if it is 2 weeks.. more of the glass is half full rather than half empty..

if you got the hardened edition you got scammed.. if thats how you want to see it.

how i see it, unless you got the carepackage..which was what treyarch rep'd the most to get!!!! you cant be to upset about it.... like what did you guy's expect...

how else would they market there season pass to people and not include ALL the maps..

whos going to buy a season pass if didnt include everything.. people would have waited till they come out to buy them..

and maybe it didn't work to hold off on the NTZ release until DLC 4 who really knows

pretty much if your sad that treyarch betrayed you and lied to you and whatever else.. your wasting your time being angry

Jinro, you are just plain wrong.

I paid extra for Nuketown when I was told it was my only chance. Turns out I could've gotten it as a free deal had I waited. There is no money worth from that. There is no time bonus. Two weeks is nothing. If two weeks of playing a video game is worth money to you, you need to get out more.

In economics, there is opportunity cost. That is where the time you spend doing something is worth money. For example, taking a sick day has a higher opportunity cost for a lawyer than a bartender, since the lawyer makes more money. What is the opportunity cost of waiting two weeks to play Nuketown?

Zero dollars. Zero cents. Maybe it would be worth something to YOU. But to everyone else, we were SCAMMED. We got a two-week exclusivity that WE DID NOT PAY FOR.

We are not looking at the glass half empty. We are looking at a glass that had 20 bucks in it, but now the money is gone, and Treyarch took it.

Jinro, you are just plain wrong.

I paid extra for Nuketown when I was told it was my only chance. Turns out I could've gotten it as a free deal had I waited. There is no money worth from that. There is no time bonus. Two weeks is nothing. If two weeks of playing a video game is worth money to you, you need to get out more.

In economics, there is opportunity cost. That is where the time you spend doing something is worth money. For example, taking a sick day has a higher opportunity cost for a lawyer than a bartender, since the lawyer makes more money. What is the opportunity cost of waiting two weeks to play Nuketown?

im entitled to my opinon...

quite frankly the fact that you feel the need to call me out is a joke...

im not going to fight with you on how you feel scammed..

cause i obviously dont care... dont worry im done posting in here.. it wouldnt me much of a discussion if we all thought the same..

Hmmm what's the bet Jimmy won't do anything? Just another of those cryptic tweets.

I felt scammed when I heard Nuketown would be available right from the start for SP buyers. I would be fine if it was available with/after DLC 4. No, I didn't want Nuketown 2025, I didn't want weapon skins, calling cards or themes. I only brought it for Nuketown Zombies. I expected a repeat of Black Ops with exclusive access for 9 months, and I was fine with that. But I basically wasted $40 (the Australian Dollar is high). This has really put me off Activision, though I didn't think that was even more possible before.

Now I'm thoroughly disappointed I won't get to experience the Sliquifer to its true potential, that which I have seen Xbox users do for the whole month.

Nothing can be done about Nuketown, except maybe prevent the situation happening in the future. But the Sliquifier situation can be remedied. If the community can create an uproar, or at least get our disappointment noticed, just like the Galvaknuckle Room Glitch; maybe, just maybe something will be done.

Perhaps we can spread the word about this thread, or at least get fans to bombard them on Twitter, high profile Youtubers make videos, etc.

Thank You :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I posted something similar to Season Pass Holders a while back. I wasn't expressing the issue in the healthiest of ways. lol But my point was across. Spending $60+ on the game, $20+ for buying Nuketown $40 bucks for season pass holders (Making the Hardened Edition a scam at this point in the story) with an extra $20+ for people not buying the season pass. That's well over 100 Bucks! An New Xbox 360 Console with Connect, Costs $99 plus tax.

Very Well Done, ChopperNator on the approach :!:

Unfortunately companies do this ALL THE TIME. Anyone ever seen a McDonald's commercial? The burgers looks so perfect, but when you actually order it, it looks nothing like the commercial. This is just advertising and sales. They prey on the emotional responses of buyers, i.e. Whether you really need this product or not, we will try to make it seem as if you MUST have it.

Perhaps a better analogy is signing up for a Cable TV or Internet Service Provider. They offer you a great price with premium channels or super fast speeds as a promotional offer, but three months later your bill is much higher because the promotional offer ended, but if my neighbor signs up just then, he'll get the cheap price.

We, as consumers, must be aware of the cheap tricks that advertisers use and use intelligence to counter them. In this case, it's easy to see that a map like NTZ was never intended for a small audience, thus the relatively small percentage of people who bought the pre-order/HE would never have justified the amount of time & money the developers spent on NTZ, therefore, it would have to be released to larger audience later at some point. Enter, the season pass. Now the developers can make their money in full and they even have a great way to determine sales strategies in the future by comparing their pre-order sales with other standard sales. This lets them know which advertising strategies work and it's our duty as consumers to tip those scales, after all, our purchases are what make their data.

So, if you don't want them to advertise like this in the future, don't buy the pre-order. Do you really think they'd just leave a map on the cutting room floor if only 0.005% of their consumers actually saw it? No. So don't give in. Don't let them trick you into buying prematurely.

First of all good thread Chopper and lots of good responses.

So I got a chance to test this wonderweapon last night. My thoughts.

It is not as bad as most people mentioned.

It still kills zombies in chains just as good as before the patch.

It takes about 25 seconds to clear the "liquid goo" it spits and makes slippery puddles.

I do not know what the clearing time was like before.

But if clearing time has increased now, I don't think its big of an issue if someone is going for high rounds.

I mean it's the best Wonderweapon and ofcourse kiting is not an easy thing neither is very difficult.

This means you have to be very shot selective and more careful than before while we shoot.

This means it is "less forgiving" to slip and fall thus making training zombies a bit more difficult.

I will take that.

To be honest we have a couple "PHD lander like " location in Die Rise. So it makes up for it.

@Other people, I understand you guys are upset about other things like NTZ but lets not make this thread a subject for that and instead focus on patches.

@3arc please fix other bugs that are still in game.

1. Hole in Buddha room.

2. Invincible spot in Buddha room by the pillar.

3. Glitchy Maxis Easter Egg.

4. Death slide by elevator shaft leading to AN94. I had jugg and I still went down sliding.

Regards,

way2g00

Well I played the map a month ago so I have a different thought train. I remember the sliquifier as a fun weapon, a very GOOD weapon but a tad overpowered. I don't know how much they nerfed it, but I'm sure it isn't horrible. They created a horrible map, Green Run and I only played survival in Town but they made up with Great Leap Forward. I don't care if they patched the sliquifier! The map was meant to be hard! We have amazing wall weapons and you little babies are whining because they patched a stinking purple goo shooter! We all know thatt the Sliquifier is the best wonderweapon in Zombies and that Die Rise is the best map, but just be happy with what you have! I'm happy for the map itself! I never make the Sliquifier as I only use the AN-94, PDW-57 and for backup the SVU-AS. (Notice how all the new wall weapons have an - in them (: ) I don't want to offend anyone by calling you babies but we can't have everything in life! Sure they've should have patched the AN-94 slide glitch or other things but the Sliquifier was too OP. I know that I will be hated for this, but everyone has their opinion . You guys think that it should be repatched so it's as good as it was and I think they should keep it as it is. When I started reading this post, I thought that angry 10 year olds control the post. (I'm sorry if I offended somebody didn't mean that you guys are babies (; )

Unfortunately companies do this ALL THE TIME. Anyone ever seen a McDonald's commercial? The burgers looks so perfect, but when you actually order it, it looks nothing like the commercial. This is just advertising and sales. They prey on the emotional responses of buyers, i.e. Whether you really need this product or not, we will try to make it seem as if you MUST have it.

Perhaps a better analogy is signing up for a Cable TV or Internet Service Provider. They offer you a great price with premium channels or super fast speeds as a promotional offer, but three months later your bill is much higher because the promotional offer ended, but if my neighbor signs up just then, he'll get the cheap price.

We, as consumers, must be aware of the cheap tricks that advertisers use and use intelligence to counter them. In this case, it's easy to see that a map like NTZ was never intended for a small audience, thus the relatively small percentage of people who bought the pre-order/HE would never have justified the amount of time & money the developers spent on NTZ, therefore, it would have to be released to larger audience later at some point. Enter, the season pass. Now the developers can make their money in full and they even have a great way to determine sales strategies in the future by comparing their pre-order sales with other standard sales. This lets them know which advertising strategies work and it's our duty as consumers to tip those scales, after all, our purchases are what make their data.

So, if you don't want them to advertise like this in the future, don't buy the pre-order. Do you really think they'd just leave a map on the cutting room floor if only 0.005% of their consumers actually saw it? No. So don't give in. Don't let them trick you into buying prematurely.

Except for BLOPS 1, the classic maps were exclusive until the last map pack was released(about 9 months). Also, Treyarch gave everyone who had purchased the Hardened edition Moon for FREE which was awesome. I assumed that things would work similarly for BLOPS 2 until 2 days before release(when it was too late to cancel my preorder) when they announced that season pass holders would also get the map.

I would like to voice my thoughts quickly about the "nerfing" of the new wonder weapon (I'm sorry for forgetting the name, so sue me.)

If you guys think that you could for a second create the kind of system Treyarch have made then I reckon at least 90% of you are lying to yourself. Treyarch put a lot of money and effort into their games and frankly what they make is definitely much better than what this forum could make as a whole. Maintaining the needs of the community is hard because everyone whines about one thing or another, no matter what they change there are always people hating on something.

Next time you guys want to bitch why don't you try making a game like this by yourself.

• Administrators

I would like to voice my thoughts quickly about the "nerfing" of the new wonder weapon (I'm sorry for forgetting the name, so sue me.)

If you guys think that you could for a second create the kind of system Treyarch have made then I reckon at least 90% of you are lying to yourself. Treyarch put a lot of money and effort into their games and frankly what they make is definitely much better than what this forum could make as a whole. Maintaining the needs of the community is hard because everyone whines about one thing or another, no matter what they change there are always people hating on something.

Next time you guys want to bitch why don't you try making a game like this by yourself.

But it's not us "bitching". And playing the whole "try making a game" scenario doesn't work. The process is relatively simple - Treyarch makes a game aimed to please and entertained. We, the fans, produce comments and critique on things we like/dislike. Depending on the magnitude of our concerns, Treyarch responds with better material and fixes. We rely on them just as much as they rely on us. It's an even game where both sides will benefit if communication is the ideal motive for success.

And by the way, it's not a Wonder Weapon being nerfed that is the problem. It's Treyarch making changes to a few things that do not require fixes. Did the Sliquifier really need to be altered? No; but if Treyarch felt that it was too powerful in their eyes and they decided to change it for the sake of making the game more challenging, then they should have given it a bit more time before doing something. Right now, the most important issues at hand are the glitches, the death barriers, and various other gameplay quirks.

Treyarch did a fantastic job with the Revolution DLC, do not get me wrong here. In fact, everyone here will tell you that it's 200% of an improvement compared to Tranzit. People aren't upset because of some stupid Wonder Weapon - if they really wanted to, they could get past Round 100 without any kind of Wonder Weapon. It's not focusing on the larger problems that irks all of us. I'm glad that a ton of glitches were fixed, even ones we didn't know really existed. But we have other, more important side effects to worry about.

Fair deuce buddy. I can't really say much to argue my case back other than my honest opinion that Treyarch are pissed because it only took 4 days for people to "complete" the map (depending on the definition of completion.), with the upcoming release on PC and PS3 i'm sure they wanted to make it more challenging than that.

any weapon that can take out the entire hoarde in 1 shot at round 60+ is OBVIOUSLY extremely overpowered and needs to be nerfed. sure it may take some skill to take out a chain that big with the sliquifier, but come on...to say that it takes god-like skill and timing and blah blah is giving yourself just a little too much credit there, lets be real.

ALL Wonder Weapons (Except Winters Howl, Ray Gun, Scavenger, and the nerfed WunderWaffe DG2/3) can kill a horde on any round with one shot. It hasn't been something they worried about before, and thus our confusion and outrage now.

The chaining is not easy. I can only keep them going for maybe 50-80 on a good day. People that can keep the zombies tightly packed enough right next to multiple spawn locations to continue the chain are skilled.

Without this chain effect it isn't punishing anyone other than them, and most certainly isn't helping anyone. Players who are that skilled can get to whatever round they can endure till, and with solo pausing in BO2, that almost even takes endurance out of the equation.

With the chain it helps these hardcore super players play the game in fun and exciting way, reducing the amount of time they have to spend recycling the Sliquifier into the box for more ammo.

It's the same deal as those 300+ No mans land scoring players. That isn't easy either, few have legitimately gotten that far, and to do so requires excellent speed, reactions, and knowledge of the spawn patterns.

I would argue NML is harder, but this is still along the same lines. You're trying to run roughly 20 zombies as they die off, to be replaced by zombies coming out of windows practically right next to you. If one jumps out at the wrong time, our you make a turn slightly too shallow, you could get cornered and down.

It might not be godly, but it certainly pretty good, and much better than I will ever do. I'd rather they have as much fun with the game as I do, rather than drag them down just because I can't react that quickly.

okay point taken....but i havent seen any other wonder weapon where one can pretty much just sit in one spot and annihilate the entire horde round after round like with the sliquifier. when used in the manner you are speaking of yes it does take skill; but its just overpowered to the point where pretty much anyone can take advantage of it and get to ridiculous rounds even without much skill. maybe they could have nerfed it in some other capacity to where it would have been less detrimental to the players who are actually training the zombies with it as opposed to the ones who are just camping with it, but i def think it needed to have its power reduced in some way. because that thing was just insane.

-to be honest tho i think it would be badass if they just had all the wonderweapons in every map. that would make the game so much more fun in my opinion

Wow, there really are some idiotic responses in here. As I don't want to flame, I'm just going to say that many of you clearly do not know what you are talking about as is apparent by what you are saying.

You can get to 50 running with many wall weapons, it's boring as hell.

All the recent games have had wonder weapons which can clear an entire hoard in any level.....they were boring as hell to use.

The sliquifier brought so much fun to my zombies experience, it's just not the same on solo without it. The worse thing is that it affects such a small group of players.

The noobs that think it was overpowered.....you are wrong. By your posts you clearly do not understand how to use it, and are just throwing your opinion out there as if you do.

Lets compare it to Ascension, Kino or Moon. Both had areas where even a fool could use an auto train to collect all zombies in 20 seconds, and then use the Wonder weapon on the map to clear the entire hoard. No-one complained about this.

So then we have the liquid gun which basically does the same, however using kiting it is extended to kill more and more zombies if used effectively.

We have the same principle as the original maps I mentioned, but so much more fun and effective. It is not overpowered unless used when sitting in a corner. I suspect the people who are claiming that we are overrating how much skill is needed are the people who clearly can't use it effectively.

I will still have fun playing in coop, although that has nothing to do with this weapon.

Since there is no NML mode, this was the closest thing. I could use it like a maniac and get to 50 in 83 minutes (my record). Most fun I've ever had in zombies.

So I just don't play solo anymore as there is no challenge left.

Treyarch have removed the fun to cater for the masses, the masses which don't even realise what has been done.

lol. so the "noobs" are the ones saying its overpowered?...wow. first time i think ive ever heard of a noob thinking any gun was overpowered. almost seems completely contradictory to their nature :roll:

oh and i should clarify... by hoard i dont mean just the zombies u have trained behind you at the moment, i know many of the wonderweapons could take them all out in one shot... i mean every zombie thats going to spawn in for that entire round, because the sliqufier is definitely the only gun that can take them all out in one shot.