ATTN Treyarch - sledgehammer and the fly

Hey guys, let's hope you can hear me on this.

So you patched BO2, but it seems you kinda over reacted and have once again ruined your best map yet, Die Rise. The liquid gun was perfect....your shoddy programming allowed it to be abused, but it didn't make the gun overpowered. It was clearly always designed to allow chains, hence the blue stuff moving between zombies.

The thing is chains were incredibly difficult to manage, yet this is what made the map so much fun. It's also what took away from the overpoweredness....you had to really know what you were doing to actually use it to it's full effect. It meant you could get to high rounds relatively quickly, without going box whoring over and over again.

You also patched the 2 glitch locations, the galva and the an-94. Was this not enough for you guys. The community as a whole is pretty much in uproar over this. PS3 and PC users have been watching how much fun people have been having using this gun, and you have taken it away from them.

Why did you use a sledgehammer to kill a fly? You also patched the jet gun.....4 months after you knew it was useless. How does that make any sense? Every man and his dog has used it for high rounds, and you patch it 4 months after release, yet screw up the liquid gun 3 weeks after the release of it. You clearly saw the outrage on youtube regarding the glitch locations, which is where your reaction came from as you do claim to listen to the community. So I ask again, why exactly did you patch this gun so much?

People are going back to BO zombies for this. You screwed the community initially on releasing nuketown so soon after lots of people had paid extra for the privilege, and gave us that crap that was Tranzit. I know lots liked it, most in my opinion didn't. So then we got Die Rise, and everything was happy again. It seems to me that someone over there has some kind of ego problem, and didn't like how glitched their own game was. It's almost like they stuck their finger up and said well screw you guys, we screwed up but now we are going to make sure that it can't happen again. Fix the actual issue, not go way over the top.

Yeah you have your money now, and people are still going to buy your map packs. Bravo.

For all those that agree with me, please keep this post close to the top of active feeds for as long as possible. We all know that Treyarch look at this board, let's show them just how much of a f88k up they have done with this patch. And the worse thing is they have left in so many issues that actually mattered, like the death slides, and the randomness of who's who and fixed something that wasn't broken.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did people pay more for NTZ? I preordered Bo2 and got NTZ for free. I didn't pay anything extra?

As far as patching glitches I think they're obligated to patch them wether the community likes it or not. For example: In design the Jet gun is piss poor all around but exploiting the charging effect to fire it in bursts the way we were is a glitch regardless if it's useful or not. I'm not agreeing it should've been patched but I see the obligation for them to patch it.

I haven't played Die rise yet so I can't comment to those but if there is a barrier glitch no matter how useful/useless it is they should fix it. I used the shield glitch to go for breaks during a long match without having to waste ppl's time babysitting a zombie for me. (not to sit in and shoot) It was extremely useful and I was sad to see it go but I still see the obligation to fix it.

I think they need to think a little deeper on the design part of the wonder weapons and also create a way to have a break once in awhile. (wether thats a 5 minute break vote or a spot you can jump in for a period of time where you're protected. Like 3 timeouts to use up or something)

Nick there have been suggestions all over the place.

All they have to do is revert the patched liquifier to how it was before. I don't mind the changes that make extra puddles on the floor, even though it makes it much more difficult. But the fact that it doesn't chain anymore is madness.

The complaints are for a reason. They have a jet gun broken for 4 months, which in truth led it to be the most overpowered infinite ammo gun in history, and then a brilliant gun which takes massive skill to use is completely nerfed for absolutely no good reason. It's complete nonsense for Treyarch.

I paid 30 pound more or so for the hardened addition, mainly to get nuketown and then it's released as a download a month later for much less than that.

FYI, the Season Pass does not include Nuketown 2025 for MP.

So, technically, those who purchased Hardened Edition do have something season pass holders don't. Whether that's good enough for the HE purchasers is a question only said individual can answer.

nuketown 2025 came with any pre-order not just hardened. Nuketown zombs was advertised as a hardened edition exclusive, thus myself and many others sprung for the hardened edition (extra $20) for this privelege. Then like a week before release, 3arc flip flopped and offered NTZ with season pass purchase as well. (which the vast majority of hardened edition purchasers probably already had bought or planned on buying)

so basically the only exclusive thing hardened edition owners got is the steelbook, and those little coin thingy's and ii guess maybe an avatar skin? lame would not have paid $20 extra for just that shit

Suggestions to combat these issues, or possible workarounds, would be a more constructive focus for this thread rather than complaining.

This is the easiest fix ever. The Sliquifier was not broken—the map was. Poor spawn zone design by Treyarch was what made these 'strategies' work for triple digit rounds. Chaining 200-300 zombies with a single Sliquifier shot is an art. You will not be capable of chaining huge amounts of zombies unless you have expert knowledge of zombie behavior, spawn tendencies, and kiting techniques. You must make split-second decisions when chaining, something that I have only ever experienced in Zombies, prior to this map, in No Man's Land.

This map and, more specifically, this gun, separated the men from the boys, but now they have taken away this and, as usual, are tailoring to the masses. People thought the Sliquifier was too difficult to use, so they dumbed it down at the expense of the players that wish to go to high rounds. Now it's just yet another hoard killing weapon with finite ammo, except this time you can't upgrade it and spinning the box midround is next to impossible.

In conclusion, the Sliquifier didn't need to be fixed. It was perfect the way it was—far and away my favorite gun ever in Zombies. It reminded me of the JGB in the fact that it has tremendous killing power but, at the same time, it won't get you out of a corner like the Thundergun did. I appreciated that, and I thought it brought skill to the table, something to be proud of in a game that is often ridiculed as montonous, redundant, and far too easy, but I guess Treyarch didn't like that.

This needs to be adressed.

• Administrators

It's not that Treyarch is fixing tiny things just to avoid addressing the bigger issues that us slayers face in-game. Their main focus, for some reason, is trying to make the game harder than it already is. They're doing their best to fix bugs and glitches here and there (as shown in the bug fix logs). At the same time, they really ought to tackle the biggest of our concerns than minor things. Most of the bugs and glitches fixed were things that the majority of us never really took into consideration.

There is no doubt that they patched the Jet Gun in Tranzit because many players abused the quickdraw technique - a method that was not intentionally implemented for the purpose of utilizing such a weapon. If you don't know how to handle the Jet Gun as it was meant to be, then tough luck. Learn to use it properly and maybe you'll change perspective on its abilities. "Patching" the Sliquifier, however, was a poor decision on Treyarch's part. I can't 100% claim whether the infinite chains were meant to be part of the Wonder Weapon or not, but it certainly tarnished the gun's reputation as one of the best Wonder Weapons ever introduced in Zombies. They saw it as unfair to them, and so they greatly limited the Sliquifier's Godly capabilities by numbing it down.

What they could have done was focus on the major buzzkill glitches, such as the elevator shaft slide, Trample Steam misplacement, and even the zombie packing glitch. Instead, they reduced the enjoyability of what I still consider one of the best Zombie maps ever by fixing a few things that did not address the community's concerns. I'm not rebutting against Treyarch. I'm only saying that they should really take into consideration what we say and not how they think we should play.

I'm not going to make my post a big rant, i'm just going to say this.

Why the hell are you bitching about them nerfing an overpowered gun? I've watched videos of people using it, and almost everyone could see that it was overpowered...maybe they were making up for the Jet Gun being terrible and accidently overdid it? :lol:

Also, i don't think that nerfing one gun makes the map horrible now.

• Administrators

Why the hell are you bitching about them nerfing an overpowered gun? I've watched videos of people using it, and almost everyone could see that it was overpowered...maybe they were making up for the Jet Gun being terrible and accidently overdid it? :lol:

It's not that Sliquifier was overpowered. Sure, it was a OHK every time and worked out very well in crunching rounds in a matter of a few hours. The average player, however, does not know how to effectively use it. Just as perfectlemonade said, it's a beautiful weapon to use if you have the proper training techniques and you understand the spawning system and timing. Throw the Sliquifier in the hands of a regular slayer, and off they'll go shooting at the ground as they waste ammo. Plus, it won't help you out if you're cornered or caught in a sticky situation, so I wouldn't truly consider it overpowered. Just highly effective in the correct hands.

Though I do agree with you 100% that a weapon alone should not cause one's perspective to drop when rating a map. I'm just more so disappointed that out of all the things Treyarch could have fixed, they picked minuscule details and limited a very good Wonder Weapon than focusing on the major exploits.

All the videos you saw of people using it were either glitching or just plain good. Do you honestly think someone is going to upload a video of them using the gun if they are BAD at it?

I thinky 3arc is making things more difficult because they are adding things to the maps to try and spice them up. (buildables, new characters, new perks)

This is the wrong direction.

Yes, players want more to do than just buy guns and perks and train zombies around, but if you throw on a bunch of other stuff for us to do, we don't also need the difficulty raised. Let's focus on fun, 3arc, not on the supreme challenge.

by birdman22 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

so basically the only exclusive thing hardened edition owners got is the steelbook, and those little coin thingy's and ii guess maybe an avatar skin? lame would not have paid $20 extra for just that shit

if i remeber right, hardened edition owner's got NTZ exclusive for two months before season pass holders.

exclusivity is worth money... at least in my eyes...

The jet gun being patched was overkill i.m.o..

if i was treyach, i woulda just ran with it and said that was intended to pre-charge..

i can see them wanting to fix it though, the community bitches at fixing their broken game..

so they patch something that would be a glitch to them and everyone gets mad cause it was the best glitch ever...

and it was.. im with everyone on saying dont fix what aint broken....

but we got remember this is treyarch's baby.. and we got to respect that

they call the shot's, all we can do is give suggestions..

if i remeber right, hardened edition owner's got NTZ exclusive for two months before season pass holders.

exclusivity is worth money... at least in my eyes...

Try two WEEKS. And no exclusivity is NOT on a timescale. We paid for Nuketown because we were TOLD that this was our ONE AND ONLY CHANCE to get it. We were LIED to. It turns out that if we missed our "one and only chance" we could actually get it later CHEAPER in the Season Pass. You think getting it two weeks early is worth 20 extra bucks? I think that is ridiculous, but even if I didn't, timed exclusivity is NOT what I paid for. That is a total rip-off.

Try two WEEKS. And no exclusivity is NOT on a timescale. We paid for Nuketown because we were TOLD that this was our ONE AND ONLY CHANCE to get it. We were LIED to. It turns out that if we missed our "one and only chance" we could actually get it later CHEAPER in the Season Pass. You think getting it two weeks early is worth 20 extra bucks? I think that is ridiculous, but even if I didn't, timed exclusivity is NOT what I paid for. That is a total rip-off.

yes i guess it was only 2 weeks for the xbox, PS3 was two months.. sorry if im wrong but this is just what i remember..

even two weeks is worth it... $20 is not alot extra to have to pay

sometimes i think people forget the value of something...

to get something early should be held in a higher regard..

maybe if you were on ps3 you would see that...

I agree entirely with MurderMachine. I was under the impression that it was the only way to get NTZ, and if I remember correctly, we didn't get told otherwise until after the game's release. It was a bullshit move, pardon my language, it was a ridiculous, misleading, greedy act on Treyarch/Activision's behalf. I did not pay for Timed Exclusivity. I paid for complete exclusivity, or at least exclusivity until the last DLC, such as with BO1 and the Classic Maps.

i feel like i just got mega slapped lol

your right it was sneaky of them.. marketing scheme i.m.o

$20.00 extra is still not alot to play it before millions of others

but it doesnt matter ill give them the money cause i love zombies plain and simple.

if i was treyarch id charge you up the ass too.

why? cause i know youll buy it.

by birdman22 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

if i remeber right, hardened edition owner's got NTZ exclusive for two months before season pass holders.exclusivity is worth money... at least in my eyes...

The jet gun being patched was overkill i.m.o..

if i was treyach, i woulda just ran with it and said that was intended to pre-charge..

i can see them wanting to fix it though, the community bitches at fixing their broken game..

so they patch something that would be a glitch to them and everyone gets mad cause it was the best glitch ever...

and it was.. im with everyone on saying dont fix what aint broken....

but we got remember this is treyarch's baby.. and we got to respect that

they call the shot's, all we can do is give suggestions..

it was about a month after release that ntz was released to season pass holders. still, thats a major bait and switch to do a big viral marketing bit on social media advertising NTZ available only with purchase of collectors edition, and then after they get a bunch of preorders for the collectors edition for $80 then switch and offer it to anybody who purchases the season pass... just left me a little salty... i'm sure im not the only one

The main reason I bought the Season Pass earlier was to be able to play a "new" map on PS3. Releasing it on PS3 for those who didn't acquired Hardened Edition was an awesome move by Treyarch, since we'll be the last ones to get the DLCs.

However I gotta say that I'm not THAT much excited to play Die Rise. I mean, of course it's a new map for us ps3 users but I couldn't hold my curiosity since it's release on Xbox so I pretty much know everything about the map. I know that that's my own choice the fact that I watched a lot of gameplay but it sucks that the map won't be that new to us.

I can't play TranZit anymore, most of us already got fed up with it. Even after patching it they made what I thought was impossible, they pretty much ruined what was already in crumbles. I admire their work and since I'm a big fan of the whole zombies genre, I decided to buy BO with all the map packs. It was by far one of the best decisions I made this year. After playing all the old maps I even got angrier with TranZit.

I only want TranZit as it was (runing free throught the map with the last zombie and no glitches of course) and if PS3/PC do get all the DLCs after Xbox, PLEASE make some sort of "change" on the EE, even slightly.

I'm very tired and will flesh out a response tomorrow but to summarise - very cheap ploy to get people to buy the hardened addition left me pretty bitter, and they have nerfed a weapon which less than 5% of the people who will play Die Rise will even realise.....and it's that 5% which the game has been ruined for.

1. Nuketown zombies would have been released eventually. That is a given, but I understand why you feel duped.

2. Nt2025 came with my nonpreorder. People suggest that the stores get way more than the preorder, so I guess that is what happened.

3. I understand the spawn change, but leave the gun alone. It couldn't kill 2 jumpers lying in a pink pool when I shot one of them. Stupid overkill.

just wanted to add one more thing..

think of it like this ... what if treyarch/activision would let PS3 user's pay an extra $20.00 when buying the season pass, to be able get the map packs early alongside 360.

i can say without a doubt i would, and i think alot of other people would pay for that as well

but as ive said before im partial to my PS3...

anyone who thinks getting something exclusive has little value, regradless of how long it is... is being ignorant..